Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Is Rodgers it tho? He didn’t look like an MVP last year. He looked old.

Under 4K in yards, 26-12 TD/INT ratio. Yeah he had new receivers, but he’s got one year left as a starter. I don’t think the Jets get significantly better with him

I could see him having a bounce back swan song type season. But it's a gamble, if you are the Jets with their roster you are desperate though.

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Gabe Davis is arguably the biggest disappointment from last season especially after his incredible success in the playoffs and all his drops this year.  Saw many videos of his strenuous workouts so the drop-off apparently wasn't due to a lack of effort/preparation.

I really thought he was going to break out this year.  I felt like the offense had more pep when he got more snaps later in the season and Sanders got fewer.  And then the KC game created another level of optimism.  

But man, he was easily the biggest disappointment this year in terms of underperforming to expectations.  Beane has made some excuses for him, and who knows, maybe they are more legit than we think.  But there is no sugar coating it, this season was not a good one for him.  Lack of focus, mental errors, drops, lack of awareness, lack of separation, etc.  He didn't seem suited to be a featured #2 WR.  

He has this "Big Game Davis" reputation in the postseason, but does he even deserve that?  He has only had 2 big games in the playoffs out of 7, and the majority of his playoff career stats came in the one game against KC.  

I am not going to give up on him, but it sure is harder to be optimistic about him as the #2 again next year.  If he does fill that role again, then I will hope for a bounce back season.  But I do hope we sign or draft someone to either take over that role or challenge him for the role where he has to earn it vs get it by default.  

• Agree 1

My pick is the Titans.  Nicer weather, considerably better tax situation than NJ, and they have the means to get the deal done. 

Vrabel has a better track record than Saleh or McDaniels.  3 out of 5 seasons in the playoffs, COY in 2021.

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Is Rodgers it tho? He didn’t look like an MVP last year. He looked old.

Under 4K in yards, 26-12 TD/INT ratio. Yeah he had new receivers, but he’s got one year left as a starter. I don’t think the Jets get significantly better with him

Oof, they really had no weapons though aside from rb.  Jets are really good outside of qb.  Rodgers just needs to be decent for the Jets to be legit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I see it as we won our division by a bigger margin than any other team while losing Hyde after game 2, Poyer wasn't the same after the hit he took in week 4, Tre missing a ton of games and never getting anywhere close to 100%,  Von tearing his acl and Allen's elbow injury. We payed our dues to the injury Gods. I don't see that happening again this year either.

This is for sure a great point. I agree 100%. I hope out of this list we see a stronger faster Tre and a healthy Hyde. Vons health will still be an issue along with a possible no Poyer and Edmonds. No Frazier (might be a good thing idk lol). Cant wait to see Josh back to pre bye week form. Looks like the free agent LB market might not be too bad (if/when we lose Edmonds) I'm excited though. No matter how the other teams in the division build, as long as we make good smart moves, we will be strong. Looking forward to it man. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wilson is a lot better than you guys are giving him credit for.  I’m going to say this right now, if Rodgers becomes a Jet, Wilson will be at least a 1300+ yard receiver next year with 8+ TDs.  

While it’s easy to say there is this huge gap today after Wilson was a rookie playing with inept QBs, what he will be next year with Rodgers is a totally different story.  

Is there anyone saying that Wilson is not a good player here?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Fine. Let's call it trading away future assets and long-term sustainability for a desperate attempt at a ring next year.

Better?

why would trading a couple of draft picks affect long term sustainability?

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Are you kidding? The Jets won 7 games with the worst QBing I’ve ever seen. 

The Bills often won 7 games (out of 16 and not 17 games) with some pretty QBing during the drought.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

how are they going to mortgage the future? hate that cliche....Packers want to get rid of Rodgers. They don't want to pay him $60M this year...probably won't take too much

Are you thinking less then a 1st & 2nd rounder?  Because if it's that much they're mortgaging the future. And don't forget the CAP hit here even with the Packers paying some of the salary.

4 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Because it’s Aaron rodgers. And the jets defense is loaded. Garrett Wilson is going to be a top 5 wr probably, maybe as soon as next year. And their rookie sensation rb will be coming back. Not saying we are done but we had our shots and we didn’t get it done and now other teams are catching up

A 40 year old Aaron Rogers.  IMO Rogers is following the trajectory of Drew Brees and not Tom Brady. This means the drop off can happen as soon as next season. Best case scenario is Rogers falls fast within 2 seasons.

Wilson a top 5 WR some day - maybe.  Next season - in your dreams.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Is there anyone saying that Wilson is not a good player here?

Not that they were saying they he wasn't any good per se, but more saying there is a large gap between how good our WR group is (mainly because of Diggs) and the Jets.  And I was pointing out that the gap is not as wide as some want to make it seem if Rodgers was to join the Jets because Wilson would likely put up a big season himself.  

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not that they were saying they he wasn't any good per se, but more saying there is a large gap between how good our WR group is (mainly because of Diggs) and the Jets.  And I was pointing out that the gap is not as wide as some want to make it seem if Rodgers was to join the Jets because Wilson would likely put up a big season himself.  

Yeah, in my opinion, the Jets group as a whole is better

That’s as of today, not counting anything that we might do this off-season

3 hours ago, dpberr said:

My pick is the Titans.  Nicer weather, considerably better tax situation than NJ, and they have the means to get the deal done. 

Vrabel has a better track record than Saleh or McDaniels.  3 out of 5 seasons in the playoffs, COY in 2021.

Not only that, but the New York Jets media is brutal. I don’t think he would like that place after having a bad day which he is going to.

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Gabe Davis is arguably the biggest disappointment from last season especially after his incredible success in the playoffs and all his drops this year.  Saw many videos of his strenuous workouts so the drop-off apparently wasn't due to a lack of effort/preparation.

The only thing I’m going to say on this is progress is not linear

So we have to take a look at what the factors were for why this receiver, who still had 900 yards did have a drop off season

I think it was expectations and increase in role prior to last season. Gabe Davis was the third guy he was asked to be number two didn’t handle it as well as we would’ve liked.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Bills often won 7 games (out of 16 and not 17 games) with some pretty QBing during the drought.

Are you thinking less then a 1st & 2nd rounder?  Because if it's that much they're mortgaging the future. And don't forget the CAP hit here even with the Packers paying some of the salary.

Zach Wilson was historically bad. Worse than any QB the Bills trotted out during the drought years. Fitz, Tyrod Taylor, and even Orton would’ve propelled that Jets roster to a WC berth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1