Tua interview - hardest stadium to play in?

JaBu

In the interview Tua was asked what the hardest stadium was for him to play in. His answer "Buffalo"......."that was electrifying."

around the 3:13 mark

Also said he is now taking a Judo class once a week so he can "learn how to fall" to avoid future concussions.

around the 2:20 mark

She's not the greatest interviewer 😕

https://twitter.com/i/status/1624162520478130176

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaBu said:

In the interview Tua was asked what the hardest stadium was for him to play in. His answer "Buffalo"......."that was electrifying."

Also said he is now taking a Judo class once a week so he can "learn how to fall" to avoid future concussions.

Didn't listen yet but I started laughing when you mentioned judo 

I respect it though but I just think he's too fragile and will likely have a history of concussions 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JaBu said:

I was mentioning he doesn't know how to fall. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else put their arms to the side when falling before...

Judo may help, tumbling/ gymnastics would to.

Better late than never?

I despise the Dolphins and say nasty things about Tua when we play them, but I honestly find him hard to dislike as a person.

Mac Jones, Zach Wilson etc not so much. Easy to dislike those two.

I hope he doesn't have any long term effects.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Judo isn't going to help his situation at this point.  He's already had too much brain trauma.

And if he doesn't miss ALL OF NEXT YEAR, it will get worse, not better.

Enjoy the judo!

Judo will help him not slam his head against the ground....he just has to apply the break fall effectively.  You're taught that day 1.

But for head to head hits, it won't help him there.

23 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Judo is actually a good idea. One of the first things they teach you is how to fall with your shoulders back and neck up. Apparently, he hasn't been taught this before but not a bad idea to learn.

It is a good idea.  

5 hours ago, H2o said:

I mean, common sense and basic defense mechanisms ingrained into our nature should tell you to protect your head from banging full force against the ground. But hey, haya young man. 

I’ve noticed Allen is also pretty terrible at protecting his head. He almost always nonchalantly lets his head hit the ground first when he gets pressured in the pocket or behind the LOS. 

Watch Brady and you see his head rarely hits the ground.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's a bit easier to protect your head when you drop to the ground & turtle up when any defender actually gets within 3 feet of you...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I’ve noticed Allen is also pretty terrible at protecting his head. He almost always nonchalantly lets his head hit the ground first when he gets pressured in the pocket or behind the LOS. 

I think some of Allen's happen when he's trying to sell a late hit or something, almost like flopping intentionally. I have noticed it as well and it's dangerous none the less. 

25 minutes ago, 947 said:

It's a bit easier to protect your head when you drop to the ground & turtle up when any defender actually gets within 3 feet of you...

Joe Burrow does this too. When the sack is inevitable, they turtle, protect the ball, and live to fight another down. I live Josh extending plays, but there has to be a middle ground where he can protect the ball better.

8 hours ago, H2o said:

I mean, common sense and basic defense mechanisms ingrained into our nature should tell you to protect your head from banging full force against the ground. But hey, haya young man. 

I mean, common sense tells you that you should but it doesn't teach you how. Judo will do that. But it's going to take quite a bit of training for it to become second nature so that he doesn't have to think about it. Otherwise, it won't help at all. 

7 hours ago, arcane said:

That really is a good idea. Rewatch the green hay concussion on Christmas. There is absolutely no reason for that to have happened

When Milano barely pushed him and he fell back and slammed his head on the turf you knew there was a problem. Tua falling looks a little like EJ trying to slide. WHY IS THAT SO HARD? EJ looked like a baby giraffe sliding. Did he never even play tee-ball? 

On 2/20/2023 at 6:13 PM, BruceVilanch said:

I mean, heat stroke can absolutely kill you. Don't understand why you're downplaying it 

He is trying to say that since no one was hospitalized with heat stroke during the Dolphins game we should just ignore the unsafe conditions.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.