OT…looks like Lamar has entered the quarterback trade market

78thealltimegreat

Wouldn't think they would trade him to an AFC team, so Atlanta is a good guess.

Honestly, it could be any team in the NFC South...they are all in need of QB help.

Not a fan of Jackson, but he's going to be overpaid by someone.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Honestly, it could be any team in the NFC South...they are all in need of QB help.

I don't think, and have not thought for quite some time, that the Ravens would be the ones overpaying him. Eric DaCosta is a very smart man.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Agree 2

So many QB needy teams, mostly in the NFC, except for Jets, some team will over pay and send too much in compensation (agree the money won't come from the Ravens). I don't care where he ends up. Each new lower body injury make him less effective as a runner and he's clearly not a top 10 pocket qb.

The issue with Jackson, is you need the right offensive system to go with him (which, I guess could be said about every QB). But he is singularly unique. If someone does trade for him, they should somehow, someway, invest in Greg Roman to also be a part of their staff.

I bet the Dolphins try hard for him.

Edited by CSBill
  • Dislike 1

Interesting if they jettison him. Picks vs franchise QB? I’ll take franchise QB! They are hard to come by.

NFL went through a drought of college QB’s who transitioned to great NFL QB’s.  College talent level is certainly getting better of late, but proven NFL franchise QB’s shouldn’t be trade bait. 

That being said, I don’t see Lamar as a top level franchise guy.  I guess the Ravens also don’t.   Wouldn’t even put him in top 10 QB’s.  Superior athlete, not enough pocket QB skills when needed.  Heck, I’d take Jimmy G over him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Special K said:

Frank Reich is gainfully employed again. The question is, is Lamar old enough for Frank to want him on the roster?

13 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Interesting if they jettison him. Picks vs franchise QB? I’ll take franchise QB! They are hard to come by.

NFL went through a drought of college QB’s who transitioned to great NFL QB’s.  College talent level is certainly getting better of late, but proven NFL franchise QB’s shouldn’t be trade bait. 

That being said, I don’t see Lamar as a top level franchise guy.  I guess the Ravens also don’t.   Wouldn’t even put him in top 10 QB’s.  Superior athlete, not enough pocket QB skills when needed.  Heck, I’d take Jimmy G over him.

I think the Ravens do see him as a top flight guy. But Lamar’s contract negotiations haven’t been easy. They’re will to pay him a ton of money to stay long term, but Lamar wants more. 

Word on the street is they offered him 250 mil with 150 mil of that guaranteed but he wants 250 mil guaranteed and will not move off that number, literally 100 mil cash difference! You would have to find a team willing to pay that plus willing to go all in with draft assets and then also willing to run that college style offense. People in Baltimore are going to riot if they trade him. No number of draft picks will be enough and how much could they possibly get for a player on a franchise tag that doesn't want to play for that team? Maybe 2 1sts and like a 4th? What are you going to do with that? There is no "next Lamar Jackson" coming out of college.

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Word on the street is they offered him 250 mil with 150 mil of that guaranteed but he wants 250 mil guaranteed and will not move off that number, literally 100 mil cash difference! You would have to find a team willing to pay that plus willing to go all in with draft assets and then also willing to run that college style offense. People in Baltimore are going to riot if they trade him. No number of draft picks will be enough and how much could they possibly get for a player on a franchise tag that doesn't want to play for that team? Maybe 2 1sts and like a 4th? What are you going to do with that? There is no "next Lamar Jackson" coming out of college.

Fella misses an awful lot of time for demanding a fully guaranteed 250 mil.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Atlanta where running QBs waste their career lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.