My Trade Up, rebuild the online, dump salary cap, never going to happen draft.

Chaos

On 2/9/2023 at 3:29 PM, Chaos said:

It takes time for an oline to gel.  Ours has had time and hasn't gelled.  I think drafting an entire oline together (or most of an oline) and being able to keep them on rookie contracts for 4-5 years gives a team the best chance to build something special.  This is my mock draft via the PFF simulator (PFF didn't love it).  Flame away.  I am more curious about what people think on trying to build a same age oline more than dinging or braising the individual players. 

image.thumb.png.cdd30886fef32fb7a99fb7eb89384853.png

Are you proposing we resign Saffold as a UFA in a few weeks to trade him?

Did you think this through?

• Haha (+1) 1

Scaffold for a 3rd??  😂

Conditional pick if anything.  Why? Because dude fell off a cliff this year.  Why again? Because Buffalo would end up cutting him before finding a trade partner and teams know that.

Had high hopes first few games. Dude seemed to play well and then slid downhill…fast.

Oh.  And not trading Mitch. Don’t believe Josh would let that happen.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I think we should probably start with the fact that Saffold is a FA. So the entire premise is we sign and package him for a 2nd?

Trading Morse to the Packers is equally unrealistic. They have a starter (Myers) on a rookie contract, and have a solid track record of developing centers (JC Tretter, Corey Linsey). No way they’d trade for an expensive vet with a long concussion history. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

PFF makes the rules. It’s their simulator.  They accepted the trade.  Kind of brilliant of me to of me to get that done. 

Today's online rebuild list 2 round draft.  I am willing to use three first round picks 2023,2024 and 2025 on online to protect my QB who is worth more than all those picks combined.   My view is that if it was actually possible to trade these future first rounders, we could have the best online in the league beginning as soon as this season, and in any case by next season.  

Kick Skoronski inside on the left, with Dawkins at tackle, Torrence at RG, and Jones at right Tackle.  None of these guys are projects.  I would expect Josh to have all day to pass, and Cook to have massive holes to run through.  Diggs Hyatt, Shakir should fill WR1, 2,3 just fine, and Knox will become more of  a weapon, because he won't have to block as much as he does not. 

This offense would become unstoppable. 

image.thumb.png.1f7961f79050428cd1786ba9c327335a.png

Edited by Chaos
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Today's online rebuild list 2 round draft.  I am willing to use three first round picks 2023,2024 and 2025 on online to protect my QB who is worth more than all those picks combined.   My view is that if it was actually possible to trade these future first rounders, we could have the best online in the league beginning as soon as this season, and in any case by next season.  

Kick Skoronski inside on the left, with Dawkins at tackle, Torrence at RG, and Jones at right Tackle.  None of these guys are projects.  I would expect Josh to have all day to pass, and Cook to have massive holes to run through.  Diggs Hyatt, Shakir should fill WR1, 2,3 just fine, and Knox will become more of  a weapon, because he won't have to block as much as he does not. 

Yeah PFF doesn't like Jalin Hyatt, so you never get a good grade on that simulator for taking him. 

But once he runs a 4.28 in one month, he won't be rated 61 best overall anymore. 

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Probably not possible with Mcbeane running the draft, but gosh darn it, I love it!

On 2/9/2023 at 5:29 PM, Chaos said:

It takes time for an oline to gel.  Ours has had time and hasn't gelled.  I think drafting an entire oline together (or most of an oline) and being able to keep them on rookie contracts for 4-5 years gives a team the best chance to build something special.  This is my mock draft via the PFF simulator (PFF didn't love it).  Flame away.  I am more curious about what people think on trying to build a same age oline more than dinging or braising the individual players. 

LOL, no one is trading for Saffold or Morse.  Why would Packers trade for expensive, old, and concussion prone Morse so we can draft a Center instead of just drafting the center themselves?  

I don’t mind people proposing trade ideas, but drives me nuts when people post trades that make absolutely no sense to the team they propose we trade with.  

At least make an attempt at a realistic draft and trade scenario rather than something that has no basis in reality.  Otherwise what’s the difference of this or proposing a trade where we dump contracts to a team and get some elite stud back that’s untouchable?  Both equally silly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/9/2023 at 5:29 PM, Chaos said:

Add in what WR we are signing in FA or trading for. 

On 2/12/2023 at 6:38 AM, Big Turk said:

Skill positions on offense.

What's the point of skill positions if you're qb doesn't have time to get said ball out to skill position guy?  Build your damn OL first, then one by one start grabbing the toys. I'd have no problem drafting a wr @ 27 as long as the next 2 picks are OL.  Pundits and fans alike have been saying for 3 years the Bills refuse to fix the obvious. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LOL, no one is trading for Saffold or Morse.  Why would Packers trade for expensive, old, and concussion prone Morse so we can draft a Center instead of just drafting the center themselves?  

I don’t mind people proposing trade ideas, but drives me nuts when people post trades that make absolutely no sense to the team they propose we trade with.  

At least make an attempt at a realistic draft and trade scenario rather than something that has no basis in reality.  Otherwise what’s the difference of this or proposing a trade where we dump contracts to a team and get some elite stud back that’s untouchable?  Both equally silly.

You realize that mock simulations are games. And the user does not control the game. PFF sets the rules not me. Also you may not have noticed the title of the thread ".........never going to happen draft."  Why be such a dawgturd. 

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah PFF doesn't like Jalin Hyatt, so you never get a good grade on that simulator for taking him. 

But once he runs a 4.28 in one month, he won't be rated 61 best overall anymore. 

I enjoyed their analysis of him in the draft guide which included this comment:

"Role was comical for projecting to NFL. Just vertical routes from the slot."

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What's the point of skill positions if you're qb doesn't have time to get said ball out to skill position guy?  Build your damn OL first, then one by one start grabbing the toys. I'd have no problem drafting a wr @ 27 as long as the next 2 picks are OL.  Pundits and fans alike have been saying for 3 years the Bills refuse to fix the obvious. 

They don't need to use high picks to do that...the majority of good players in the NFL that are on OLines are not high picks.

10 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You realize that mock simulations are games. And the user does not control the game. PFF sets the rules not me. Also you may not have noticed the title of the thread ".........never going to happen draft."  Why be such a dawgturd. 

Yeah and that's something to wrestle with.

Cover 1 has a good video out taking the Diggs comment about the offense changing after Week 9, where they compared his over the middle targets and Allen's stats, before and after that week, and how the Bills/Allen avoided throwing over the middle. 

It really highlights how bad McKenzie was in the slot. 

So it's a projection on how Hyatt will handle press man, and living on the outside in the NFL, so is the better answer to get someone to take firm ownership of the slot? 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah and that's something to wrestle with, 

Cover 1 has a good video out taking the Diggs comment about the offense changing after Week 9, where they compared his over the middle targets and Allen's stats, before and after that week, and how the Bills/Allen avoided throwing over the middle. 

It really highlights how bad McKenzie was in the slot. 

So it's a projection on how Hyatt will handle press man, and living on the outside in the NFL, so is the better answer to get someone to take firm ownership of the slot? 

This would not be a popular opinion. But I think Diggs would be the greatest slot receiver of all time.  Wes Welker and Julian Edelman on steroids.  

Nobody is trading for a 34 or 35 year old Saffold, even if he was under contract. Don't do drugs. Mayyyybe somebody would trade a later round pick for Morse. The only way to really do this is sign one of the top 3 guards in free agency and draft two more (offensive lineman) in the first 4 rounds when the player is close to or the best player available. 

19 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This would not be a popular opinion. But I think Diggs would be the greatest slot receiver of all time.  Wes Welker and Julian Edelman on steroids.  

I definitely would bring back the slant to this offense. We don't run that route anymore, outside of Diggs. 

But it's not unpopular to me, because you would be managing Diggs age and potential decline. 

Utilize route running and speed loss before it becomes a massive problem on the outside. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Why start a thread that has zero chance to happen?  What is the point of the thread?  Might as well start a thread Bills trade Morse and a 7th round pick for Justin Jefferson then because that is just as realistic as this nonsense.

The only "dawgturd" here is this utterly pointless thread.  Maybe next time just start the 97th thread on how we need to upgrade our OL, still would be better than this.

On 2/11/2023 at 10:53 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

This entire thread is utterly absurd.  No it wasn't thought through lmao.  

Maybe we can sign Jim Kelly back and trade him for 3 first round picks next.

I cranked up the "care for positional value" to around 60% and lowered "draft for need" to around 30% and raised "randomness" to about 40%

All WR's were already taken in Round 1, went with a plug and play guard to take over for Saffold immediately.  

Round 2, all the good WR prospects again were off the board, took a promising safety to take over for Poyer

Round 3 got Parker Washington, a pretty safe WR prospect that should have some good production at the NFL level.

image.thumb.png.81cbc5a5c5333dae0b53e49bf50761e3.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I really would love to get Johnston... trade up for the guy then start filling OL and DB needs. 

He was a game changer at TCU and could be a JJ type receiver for us.

Along with Bijan Robinson, he's another guy I'd be very surprised to see fall to us.  He's considered possibly the best WR available in the draft amongst guys like Addison, JS-N, and Hyatt.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

image.thumb.png.34a408f0db2f1efecf994bc1a3514ec9.png

Can't see Hyatt falling to the end of the 2nd and if I see another DE taken, I'm gonna lose it.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Along with Bijan Robinson, he's another guy I'd be very surprised to see fall to us.  He's considered possibly the best WR available in the draft amongst guys like Addison, JS-N, and Hyatt.

Can't see Hyatt falling to the end of the 2nd and if I see another DE taken, I'm gonna lose it.

I had us trading Gabe and our 1st round pick along with a 2025 R1 pick to the Eagles for their #1st round picks. Then get Johnston at #10. Pipe dream... 

Kinda really love this one...2 trades back, the first with Indy at 27 since there were no WR's or OLine on the board that would justify that pick, moved back 8 spots into the 2nd and picked up an additional 3rd and 5th rounder in the process...

Then another trade back with Atlanta to pick up 2 more selections, then a trade up with Houston which ended up giving me 4 picks between 110 and 139.

Addresses interior OLine heavily, 2 WR prospects, replacement for Poyer at Safety, adds a big back to give the Bills a good 1-2 punch with Cook, a speedy sub 4.3 CB and a project Edge rusher in round 7

image.thumb.png.0071cbe8266031683fbda5a3a14a62da.png 

Edited by Big Turk

i know pundits and mock draft gurus aren't NFL GMs and basically don't have the chops to do it for real, but one thing that always stands out to me from these vs what teams actually do is how heavy the mocks/pundit picks/rankings are for players from big schools vs smaller ones.

obviously these internet guys don't do any actual scouting and visiting workouts and such, but the basis between who gets picks vs big school mocks, and who does well vs the same mocks is pretty interesting, you'd think someone would pick up on that and do some sort of small school focused junk for us to argue about during the offseason.

On 2/9/2023 at 8:29 PM, Chaos said:

It takes time for an oline to gel.  Ours has had time and hasn't gelled.  I think drafting an entire oline together (or most of an oline) and being able to keep them on rookie contracts for 4-5 years gives a team the best chance to build something special.  This is my NEW (feb 15) 2 round only mock draft via the PFF simulator (PFF didn't love it).  Flame away.  I am more curious about what people think on trying to build a same age oline more than dinging or braising the individual players. 

image.thumb.png.67b1640412f74754b0ca99fc9b61502d.png

I think the Bills will spend some money and a 2 picks in the draft on Oline . Sort of like the route KC took a few yrs back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.