Can/Will Hyde play in the postseason?

BeastMode54

Joe B and others had hinted weeks ago that it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Hyde could return for the postseason. But that idea hasn't been brought up recently, to my knowledge. Has anyone heard anything regarding Hyde? Is it ridiculous to think he'd be able to get back? 

If he's not started his 21 day window by now, very doubtful.  Look at what Bills have typically done, once players complete the 21 day period, they move them to active roster, but then kept them inactive a couple more games.   Add all that up maybe could be ready to play in SB, but not likely prior and that's optimistic.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Joe B and others had hinted weeks ago that it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Hyde could return for the postseason. But that idea hasn't been brought up recently, to my knowledge. Has anyone heard anything regarding Hyde? Is it ridiculous to think he'd be able to get back? 

Its been brought up recently….

At the time of the injury, it was said it was a 6-9 month recovery

Hyde may be a bit ahead of schedule in terms of being cleared to run on the sideline with trainers, but at the end of the day, bone heals as fast as it heals

He’s got a wife and young family, no reason to risk returning when he might not be completely healed

I just wish Beane could pull something out of his hat that would help the team, between Von Miller and Phillips and Hyde and Hamlin we’re pretty thin

49 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

All the responses are crushing my hopes. 

Prior to the Hamlin injury, I was left thinking we'd hear something in the coming week, and that he'd be back for a portion of the playoffs. 

He’s not returning to a football field just 3-4 months after neck/disk surgery. No chance. Working on the sidelines was either part of his rehab or just staying connected to the team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

At the time of the injury, it was said it was a 6-9 month recovery

Hyde may be a bit ahead of schedule in terms of being cleared to run on the sideline with trainers, but at the end of the day, bone heals as fast as it heals

He’s got a wife and young family, no reason to risk returning when he might not be completely healed

I just wish Beane could pull something out of his hat that would help the team, between Von Miller and Phillips and Hyde and Hamlin we’re pretty thin

I think pulling Marlowe out of a hat is as good as we could expect. Got a suspicion he might not have met the terms of the conditional 7th round. If so then getting Marlowe for nothing is a coup. 

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

I think pulling Marlowe out of a hat is as good as we could expect. Got a suspicion he might not have met the terms of the conditional 7th round. If so then getting Marlowe for nothing is a coup. 

So he got traded here for nothing.. no draft pick?

Havent heard of that before... You sure that was on the table?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So he got traded here for nothing.. no draft pick?

Havent heard of that before... You sure that was on the table?

So it was a conditional 7th from what I have read.

when all the dust settles yeah it may not be for anything. It happens. Andre smith a few years  ago was similar.  Andre came from Carolina for a conditional late pick. Andres condition was make the team. Bills cut him and then signed him an hour later when they moved someone to IR. Cost nothing to get Andre from Carolina.

for Marlowe the only condition for a pick at the deadline that I could think is playing time. He’s been inactive since we got him despite cam Lewis and Jaquan Johnson not playing well. As soon as Marlowe is active he’s in over both those guys. I think they kept him inactive to not tigger the condition on the pick and still as insurance against further safety injury. I think we see him going forward and I’m hoping beane did it for free. He is a wizard. 

Edited by YattaOkasan

18 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

So it was a conditional 7th from what I have read.

when all the dust settles yeah it may not be for anything. It happens. Andre smith a few years  ago was similar.  Andre came from Carolina for a conditional late pick. Andres condition was make the team. Bills cut him and then signed him an hour later when they moved someone to IR. Cost nothing to get Andre from Carolina.

for Marlowe the only condition for a pick at the deadline that I could think is playing time. He’s been inactive since we got him despite cam Lewis and Jaquan Johnson not playing well. As soon as Marlowe is active he’s in over both those guys. I think they kept him inactive to not tigger the condition on the pick and still as insurance against further safety injury. I think we see him going forward and I’m hoping beane did it for free. He is a wizard. 

Ok… hope Beane isn’t getting too cute about retaining a 7th…if Marlowe’s condition is related to playing time as you have suggested…

On 1/8/2023 at 11:59 PM, Airseven said:

He’s not returning to a football field just 3-4 months after neck/disk surgery. No chance. Working on the sidelines was either part of his rehab or just staying connected to the team. 

Gosh golly gee, you're so smart...

• Simon locked this topic