We're onto Miami(Miami's headed to Buffalo)...opening line BUF -10! Game at 1:05 PM SUN 1/15

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Tua is not going to be playing this game. I think his health is a bit more important now after 3 concussions in 3 months. Even if he does, Bills are going to roll.

I wish I could believe this. I have nothing against Tua and I seriously pray for his health and safety. That said, I don't think anyone is looking out for his best interests - not the team, not the league, heck - not even Tua - he's a young guy who wants to play and not have to call it quits after a short career.

They'll do whatever is needed to have him playing on Sunday, optics be damned - even if that means shooting him up with meth and horse drugs...

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I see a lot of comments that Miami will "miraculously" find a way to get Tua cleared, so he can play against us on Sunday.  Now in the recent past, I can definitely see that being the case.  It's a playoff game, and what would stop some shady doctors from looking the other way... 

But after everything that has transpired recently, I just can't see it happening unless he's really 100% ready to go.

The NFL just had a player almost DIE on the field during a primetime game, less than a week ago.  It was one of the biggest stories in the entire country.  And despite it clearly being a crazy freak accident, it did raise a lot of new questions about the safety of the sport.  Combine that with the very public controversy surrounding Miami/Tua earlier this season regarding concussions.  The Dolphins caught a lot of heat for failing to follow the proper protocols, and forced the league to conduct an investigation into how his injury was handled.  And that's not even considering the other major scandals involving the organization in the past 12 months (tampering with Sean Payton/Tom Brady; the owner allegedly ordering his coach to tank games).

Let's just say, the NFL has zero incentive to turn the other way in regards to player safety.  It's already a Sunday afternoon playoff game.  They gain absolutely nothing in the ratings by Tua playing.  They have everything to lose by him suffering another terrible head injury on national TV.  I believe the league will be watching Miami like a hawk, and making sure all the proper steps are followed. 

We are talking about THREE concussions in the span of 4 months.  I would honestly be surprised if any doctor clears him to play.

I'm not sure why there's differences but I know in boxing in you suffer a concussion, you can't fight for 30-90 days depending on the evaluations.  It never comes into play because they don't fight within 30 days.

Now I'm not saying the NFL needs to adopt that but how could a sport like the NFL allow Tua to play with 3 concussions in 4 months?

24 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

If Tua plays it’s a toss up game. Maybe they know something but I expect him to be out there Sunday afternoon. 

They will be more of a threat if Tua plays but this is not a toss-up game. The Bills are a solid favorite to win the game no matter who the Dolphins QB is.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not sure why there's differences but I know in boxing in you suffer a concussion, you can't fight for 30-90 days depending on the evaluations.  It never comes into play because they don't fight within 30 days.

Now I'm not saying the NFL needs to adopt that but how could a sport like the NFL allow Tua to play with 3 concussions in 4 months?

Because he is tough and DOES lie about his injuries probably in the past

absolutely should NOT play …. BUT if he is always standing up to the doctors and lying… saying he can 

well he got away with it in the past… he shouldn’t anymore 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Also what doctor is putting their career on the line to clear him if he isn't 100% ready?

Are you speaking about concussions in general or Tua specifically. 

Tua, I cannot imagine him getting cleared in the current Hamlin climate. But the NFL doesn't play by the same rules as the rest of the world. 

As far as a football player with a concussion getting cleared to play before they are ready/it is safe? Basically all of them. It seems like every other sport has players missing weeks, to months, to an entire year for a single concussion. But in the NFL when a guy misses a second game everybody goes, "really?" There are no ramifications of this at scale in professional football.

31 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

since you are posting on this message board, I would assume you can purchase Paramount plus and watch the game on your phone or computer. It’s only five dollars a month. You can cancel anytime.

I watched the majority of Bill‘s games this way. I cast from my laptop to the TV. You could also use an HDMI cable if that works for you.

or if you are fine with a smaller screen, just watch it on your computer phone.

I'll put it this way: I am not spending even that kind of money for a single game when I am (and this is important) I will be busy and not able to watch until I get home and turn on my TV.

I spend plenty of money to get streaming on every other network that plays football just because CBS wanted to be annoying 

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

NFL won’t clear Tua b/c of optics.  Think about how bad it would look if Tua gets concussed for 4th time this year.

It's not up to the NFL - the decision rests with Miami team doctors and the independent neurological consultant. 

Bills at -10 though... Vegas certainly seems to think there's no chance Tua is playing and Vegas is normally right. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'll put it this way: I am not spending even that kind of money for a single game when I am (and this is important) I will be busy and not able to watch until I get home and turn on my TV.

I spend plenty of money to get streaming on every other network that plays football just because CBS wanted to be annoying 

free trial for 7 days. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.