Indy unavailable on AFC champ week?

familykwi

Did they know there was NO WAY they would be participating that weekend?  Tournaments the size of the one they are describing are booked a LONG time in advance.  Likely before September.  Interesting that the site is already booked that weekend.

Many had Indy as the AFC South champs in preseason predictions.

Ye of little faith I guess.  Of course they were right

Where could they legitimately go, that they could book now, that wouldn't give a huge advantage to someone?

Tennessee: (only if they are out tonight)

Detroit?

Theoretically Chicago is available but I can't see them doing that.

Another way to look at it would be to give an equal disadvantage and try intentionally to go further away

Atlanta?

Charlotte?

Jacksonville? (obvi only if they are out which we won't know until tomorrow night)

New Orleans?

13 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Did they know there was NO WAY they would be participating that weekend?  Tournaments the size of the one they are describing are booked a LONG time in advance.  Likely before September.  Interesting that the site is already booked that weekend.

Many had Indy as the AFC South champs in preseason predictions.

Ye of little faith I guess.  Of course they were right

Describing where? Care to share some details or a link?

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Where could they legitimately go, that they could book now, that wouldn't give a huge advantage to someone?

Detroit?

Another way to look at it would be to give an equal disadvantage and try intentionally to go further away

Atlanta?

Charlotte?

Jacksonville? (obvi only if they are out which we won't know until tomorrow night)

New Orleans?

I heard that Detroit is out because they are installing new turf. My completely uneducated guess is that they will choose a stadium from a team that isn’t in the AFC East, west, or north so they can avoid any perceived advantages for either team

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Detroit?

Atlanta?

Charlotte?

New Orleans?

Cleveland or Pittsburgh

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Rigged 

My question to you and all you other conspiracy theorists is why are you still fans then?? And I’m assuming you’re a fan cause you’re here. If you’re here and not a fan that’s just weird as hell. If you really feel the NFL is rigged then go find something better to do with your time!

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

My question to you and all you other conspiracy theorists is why are you still fans then?? And I’m assuming you’re a fan cause you’re here. If you’re here and not a fan that’s just weird as hell. If you really feel the NFL is rigged then go find something better to do with your time!

sorry i should’ve known the internet can’t hear sarcasm with just words lol

30 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I heard that Detroit is out because they are installing new turf. My completely uneducated guess is that they will choose a stadium from a team that isn’t in the AFC East, west, or north so they can avoid any perceived advantages for either team

Makes sense to me.  I don't think they will go further West either because that makes an imbalanced travel imposition which would eliminate LA, Phoenix, Vegas, and Denver. I don't think they use Chicago or Green Bay because of weather considerations.  I don't think they go Northeast because of the imbalanced travel which eliminates NY, Boston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington forgetting the fact that some of those places could be hosting the NFC game.  I don't think they use Minnesota, Tampa, Dallas, or San Fran because they could be hosting the NFC game. Seattle just doesn't make sense.  

That leaves us:

Tennessee - outdoors, presumably not being used, Central Time, driving distance advantage KC by 100 miles

Houston - domed, presumably not being used, Central Time Zone - driving distance advantage KC

New Orleans - domed, presumably not being used, Central Time Zone - driving distance advantage KC

Cincinnati - outdoors, Eastern Time - driving distance advantage Buffalo, there is NO SHOT they put this game on this field. None. Zero.

Charlotte - outdoors, Eastern Time - driving distance advantage Buffalo

Atlanta - domed, Eastern Time - driving distance advantage KC, but it's less than 100 miles difference. Flights are easy for both.

Jacksonville - outdoors, Eastern Time - driving distance advantage darned near equal

They can go to Miami - it's the only way that stadium will see an AFC Championship game anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Their volleyball tournament is more important than the AFC title game.

They are a paying customer with a contract.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Makes sense to me.  I don't think they will go further West either because that makes an imbalanced travel imposition which would eliminate LA, Phoenix, Vegas, and Denver. I don't think they use Chicago or Green Bay because of weather considerations.  I don't think they go Northeast because of the imbalanced travel which eliminates NY, Boston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington forgetting the fact that some of those places could be hosting the NFC game.  I don't think they use Minnesota, Dallas, LA, or San Fran because they could be hosting the NFC game. Seattle just doesn't make sense.  

That leaves us:

Tennessee - outdoors, presumably not being used, Central Time, driving distance advantage KC by 100 miles

Houston - domed, presumably not being used, Central Time Zone - driving distance advantage KC

New Orleans - domed, presumably not being used, Central Time Zone - driving distance advantage KC

Cincinnati - outdoors, Eastern Time - driving distance advantage Buffalo, there is NO SHOT they put this game on this field. None. Zero.

Charlotte - outdoors, Eastern Time - driving distance advantage Buffalo

Atlanta - domed, Eastern Time - driving distance advantage KC, but it's less than 100 miles difference. Flights are easy for both.

Jacksonville - outdoors, Eastern Time - driving distance advantage darned near equal

They are a paying customer with a contract.

The travel to these places is to be considered. I expect ATL 

They likely do nashville for a site.

remember— it’s more than stadium availability going on in saying a site is/ isn’t available.

with many downtown stadiums/ arenas/ event centers use the same parking lots.  It’s a major strain to do it on a city.

3 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

They likely do nashville for a site.

remember— it’s more than stadium availability going on in saying a site is/ isn’t available.

with many downtown stadiums/ arenas/ event centers use the same parking lots.  It’s a major strain to do it on a city.

I have been to Nashville for a Bills game,,, can definitely recommend it …

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

BTW, that’s why you build an indoor stadium. Indy hosts a boatload of events at Lucas Oil Field. 

(okay— I am done complaining about our stadium plans). 

It's not about roof vs no roof, it's about the size and infrastructure of the city. Indianapolis is like 3-4 times larger than Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

If the NFL preferred the Indy stadium I would assume the 2nd choice is Houston. Indy has a domed retractable roof, like Houston. The downside is that it does not have grass but turf, but neither did Indy. They have hosted Superbowls there in the past so they know it and the surrounding area works for a Superbowl-sized crowd.  It is an AFC team, so they get to reward an AFC team financially with a big game. Other than an AFC West coast team stadium, it geographically makes fairer sense. It is in the central time zone, not the East or west time zone for time balance. If it is available, it makes the most sense business-wise for the NFL, and the NFL is all about business.

Edited by simpleman

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They won't go to Nashville. The NFL doesn't like that stadium hence the Titans are in the process of building a new one. It is one of the least modern stadiums in the league. 

Houston or Atlanta makes sense to me. 

And other rumours are that they will pick  an outdoor stadium as the three teams potentially affected play in outdoor stadiums..

Edited by Aussie Joe

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

And other rumours are that they will pick  an outdoor stadium as the three teams potentially affected play in outdoor stadiums..

I struggle to see an outdoor venue that makes sense though. Maybe Charlotte? That is an older stadium too but I believe is in better nick than Tennessee.

6 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Detroit?

Atlanta?

Charlotte?

New Orleans?

Selfishly, if the Bucs are knocked out, and they will be, Tampa is almost certainly going to have nice weather amd a frequent location for big events.  The daytime parade typically happens around that weekend which is insane as the Pirates invade Tampa, and  there is always half a million people with open container lifted partying throwing beads for girls lifting their tops, etc.

Its the dry season for Tampa, so there little to no chance there would be wind, rain, or lightning.  It will probably be in the 70’s to 80’s, amd it’s pretty much sunny everyday at this time of the year.  A great weekend to go deep sea fishing, partying with Tampans, and enjoying one of the top 10 beaches in the world by vote in Clearwater.  They rake that beach every morning so that is why there is little to no rocks, sticks, dead fish.  That white sand is like powder. Oh and BTW, there are thousands of transplant locals from Buffalo here.  It would feel like a true home game and you can watch the game in you’re jersey, shorts, and flip flops.

Just my two cents guys.  I’ll take in a half dozen true TBDers as long as you bring you’re blow up mattress.  Lastly, there are two bar/restaurants within a 1/2 mile of me that has fantastic wings, and the other place Beef on Weck.  The BOW though is made with prime rib, to make it better amd the owner is from Buffalo.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Tbh, I don’t think that matters. If the idea is for none of the three to get an advantage, then they are affected equally either indoors or out.

If one of the teams actually played in a dome, then things would be more complicated, but as it stands, indoors or outdoors, doesn’t matter.

Distance, availability, and the supporting infrastructure are much bigger concerns imho.

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's not about roof vs no roof, it's about the size and infrastructure of the city. Indianapolis is like 3-4 times larger than Buffalo.

I am pretty sure Buffalo is big enough and has enough hotel capacity that it can host 90% of the events that Indy does, including an AFCCG and an NCAA volleyball tournament. 

Indianapolis is also really not that big of a city. I used to live out that way and they would count the population based on a much wider geographical region. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.