Peyton Hillis in critical condition

Royale with Cheese

This story hits quite close to home.

A few years ago an old buddy took his 5 year old fishing. No one knows what exactly happened, but the 5 yr old son fell in, dad went in and saved him, but in the meantime tired himself out or had a heart attack or something, and died in the water after saving his son. The kid had to sit in the boat next to his dad's body for hours until folks noticed they were gone too long and went looking for them.

Wear your life jackets at all times people.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This story hits quite close to home.

A few years ago an old buddy took his 5 year old fishing. No one knows what exactly happened, but the 5 yr old son fell in, dad went in and saved him, but in the meantime tired himself out or had a heart attack or something, and died in the water after saving his son. The kid had to sit in the boat next to his dad's body for hours until folks noticed they were gone too long and went looking for them.

Wear your life jackets at all times people.

Had a friend that died about 5 years ago who took his kid hunting.  He had a heart attack in the tree stand with his son who was 7.  

He was with his dad's body for about 2-3 hours.  Friends came when he wasn't answering his walkie talkie.  

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Get well Peyton I remember this guy carrying fantasy teams to Superbowls . Get well ! 

Ryan Grant tore his achilles, and i put in a waiver claim for brandon jackson - and the commissioner somehow got him ahead of me.  It was an auction free agency league, so i protested and he put him back in for auction - he used his entire 75 dollar budget on Jackson and i used 69 cuz reasons.  After that i picked up Hillis for a dollar and won the league.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

@WhoTom ... you see what they did there?

I love it! I'm a tech writer and I always try to slip a musical reference into an article when I can.

With that said, I hope Peyton is okay too.

Edited by WhoTom

Just now, WhoTom said:

I love it!

I'm a tech writer and I always try to slip a musical reference into an article when I can.

Back in 2014, I did a short stint as an ad sales rep at our local paper (I'd just gotten laid off and took this job to make ends meet while I searched for something else).  It was early on in my mission to bring "whilst," back.  I convinced one of the graphic artists to use the word "whilst" in an ad one of my clients was running.  She did it for me.  The Ad Sales Director noticed it in the paper the next morning and told the graphic artist to change it to "while" for future runs.  B*tch.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Back in 2014, I did a short stint as an ad sales rep at our local paper (I'd just gotten laid off and took this job to make ends meet while I searched for something else).  It was early on in my mission to bring "whilst," back.  I convinced one of the graphic artists to use the word "whilst" in an ad one of my clients was running.  She did it for me.  The Ad Sales Director noticed it in the paper the next morning and told the graphic artist to change it to "while" for future runs.  B*tch.

I've had a few musical references removed by editors, presumably because they didn't recognize the lyric. 😞

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Ryan Grant tore his achilles, and i put in a waiver claim for brandon jackson - and the commissioner somehow got him ahead of me.  It was an auction free agency league, so i protested and he put him back in for auction - he used his entire 75 dollar budget on Jackson and i used 69 cuz reasons.  After that i picked up Hillis for a dollar and won the league.  

I won a title in 2007 had Ladainian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Ryan Grant and Earnest Graham as my backs . 

14 hours ago, ddaryl said:

rough start to 2023... 

I wonder what exactly happened. Was it a RIP current... 

Pull through Peyton!!!

If you’re correct, those currents are a tough thing to fight.  I was a lifeguard when young as a summer job, and remember once at St. Pete Beach there is a small area that has a terrible RIP current.  I was newly married with my ex and we saw some kids and I would guess a dad deal with this problem.  I ran and grabbed a bunch of strangers to create a human chain by the rocks as this area commonly pulls people under in a certain spot.  The authorities had posted warnings, but inevitably kids were towed into it and it is right where there are a bunch of rocks.

It was one of one of my scarier moments.  We saved the kids and dad, but it took a beach full of complete strangers to get these kids out.

I’ll say a prayer for Peyton as he did what any dad would do.  You save your kids first and worry about yourself second.  God, one of a dad or mom’s worst fears.  One of you’re kids in danger and you desperate to save them.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.