Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

3 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I’ve watched the replay a few times I just can’t see anything there that looked like it would cause this type of event. It’s brutal to see the after effect. 

Underlying health issue, or preexisting neck injury? 

Prayers are with his family and friends and teammates.

AED and CPR is not a neck injury.

His heart stopped.

Prayers to him and his family, may God care for this man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Many are speculating it’s this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

That’s very scary and this is very upsetting to see and to hear.  No more football tonight, if not that, it’s disgraceful.  

I was a kid when Daryl Stingley was paralyzed due to a vicious hit from Jack Tatum—scary enough to hear about as a young man.  Seeing this live has been sickening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I think the big problem the NFL is facing is that they've likely never anticipated this situation.  A player's life is threatened on the field, and what to do about the game.  The logistics of moving a game 24 hours, all the TV, advertising, personnel, teams, equipment, venue, fans, tickets, etc.  They do OK with a few days warning, like the Bills games moving to DET, but what to do about a game in progress?  Let alone a game this big with huge playoff implications.  A Bills forfeit would be the most expedient solution.  Moving the game more than 24 hours impacts next week's games, so what to do?  Like the line in Apollo 13, "This isn't a contingency we even remotely considered."  

But nobody cares about all that.  We just care about DH.  The rest be damned.

If we're in a state to play tomorrow, move Bengals-Ravens and Patriots-Bills to the following Monday.

ESPN: McDermott and Taylor has spoken to someone on a cell phone before they shared a hug. Goodell? Bills players are starting to come out of the locker room but not heading to the field.

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

They can’t call this a draw or give both teams a win. They can’t just skip the game. There are way too many implications.  For example (and F them), the Chiefs and their homefield. 

I think they’ll leave it to the Bills. Come back out and play, or essentially forfeit and take the loss.  

Or they postpone to tomorrow.  

Don’t see any other solutions here. This is tragic. 

i think post pone for tomorrow. If you have a situation where kc wins the Super Bowl because of a tie they’ll have a huge asterisk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.