1/2/23 Week 17 Gameday Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Any word on Benford getting back for this one? I’m assuming no, but it would be nice to have our full complement of CBs to slow down their stud receivers. 

I think he just got back to practice. Wouldn’t count on him tonight. But Elam has looked decent and I think he will be useful tonight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, CSBill said:

And he’s keeping receipts. Of what? We don’t know. But he’s keeping them. 

You Brit’s are always so skeptical. 

Saleh’s keeping the tags off of all the mattresses. That way they can be returned for a refund when he gets fired and moves back home. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I’d assume they’d think we will pressure the right side of OL… which we will.

But I’d like to see the Bills show blitz on the right side, get them to roll coverage to that side then. Then come from the left.

I would also assume they Will prefer Burrow throwing more to the right to see the pressure or not.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

15 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Any word on Benford getting back for this one? I’m assuming no, but it would be nice to have our full complement of CBs to slow down their stud receivers. 

No word on him being activated from his 21 days and regular inactives come out in 15ish minutes.

Honestly think they are saving him for the pats game to get warmed up for the playoffs.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Old mother Hubbard is outski

5 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Old mother Hubbard is outski

Hubbard being out is big for the Bengals.  Backups are Sample - no pass rush but decent vs the run, and Ossai - pretty good pass rusher, not great vs the run.  Hubbard would be critical in pressuring and containing the QB, especially with the counter bash you guys run with Allen.  Also of note, Hubbard is almost always the spy when we drop 8.  So a big blow for the home team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Hubbard being out is big for the Bengals.  Backups are Sample - no pass rush but decent vs the run, and Ossai - pretty good pass rusher, not great vs the run.  Hubbard would be critical in pressuring and containing the QB, especially with the counter bash you guys run with Allen.  Also of note, Hubbard is almost always the spy when we drop 8.  So a big blow for the home team.

Did they rule him out already?

18 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I think will have to score over 30 point on offense to win this game !! It would be great if we could get a TO or two on defense 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Not a doctor, but I’m pretty sure once it’s flipped it’s gonna be stuck that way and will require surgery to repair it or remove the torn portion 

Mine was flopping around and would get stuck and unstuck for months, until I got it fixed.  Everyone is different I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

As long as Frazier doesn’t resort to his standard “don’t prepare at all for defense on the first drive; it’s fun to be down by 7 early” approach, I think we have a shot. 

This is just a reality of scripted drives. Chicago also scored a TD on drive 1 against Detroit and then never again, just like against us

Torn meniscus Is a big runners injury.

my wife and I both had one in the last 18 months or so. Typically doesn’t require surgery unless the tear has a flap that is catching. Neither of us required surgery - it settled down after a few weeks/months and now have no recurring symptoms when we run. When it occurred if was very inflamed and couldn’t run on it. Now running straightforward vs cutting in football are quite different But I imagine Poyer has much better medical attention than we had

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Might be a late night -

Thunderstorms to begin between 11 and midnight. Storms should end by 1 AM giving way to steady rain.

At least it is looking clear until then. There was a good chance of rain throughout the entire game earlier in the week.  Hopefully when the storms come, they remain scattered and away from the area. 

34-24 Buffalo

- We are about the healthiest we’ve been all year

-Cinci has a big issue at RT and now their DE looks to be out

-Our D is a ton better

-I firmly believe if we play well we can’t be beaten. Limit penalties + Josh needs to be patient and we’ll be okay

-Like the fact Cinci has been talking a bit of trash this week too while we’ve been silent

Just now, boyst said:

How is the Bengals special teams? 

Not great.  New punter half way through the season from practice squad, we had him last year as well.  Former punter here for a million years simply lost it, needed replaced.  New guy has a bigger leg, but hang time is an issue and not as accurate with directional punting.

McPherson's kicking has been pretyy bad at times.  Guy was automatic last season as a rookie but missed a handful of extra points and short field goals.  He is perfect (5/5 ?) from over 50 yards.

Punt returner has a decent average but is a hands guy, not a threat to break one.

KR changed midway as well, #3 RB not a skilled returner.

Bills are at the minimum equal as to teams and very likely much better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1