Bengals RB Joe Mixon reminds first-place Bills: 'We the big dog' of AFC

Billzgobowlin

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Some of the stuff that's been quoted from Bengals players doesn't sound that respectful (like Mixon)

I think many are blowing out of proportion?

Here are his exact quotes:

"At the end of the day, what people got to realize and understand, we the big dog of the AFC and that's just what it is," Mixon said after Saturday's practice. "For anything to happen, it goes through us."

"We know what our end goal is and in order to get to that end goal we got to get through Buffalo," Mixon said. "We got to keep one week at a time and everything else take care of itself."

Mixon praised Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano but added that "they're not the [Baltimore] Ravens."

"The best thing about is they're going to have to play us honest," Mixon said. "If you want to cheat, whatever you want to do, we're going to make you pay, whichever way you want to do it. That's on you, however y'all want to play it.

"But at the same time, we're going to play our game and we're not going to let nobody dictate what we wanna do. That's just what it's going to be."

"The Bills, what better team would you be able to go up and put your best against?" Mixon said. "It's a great opportunity for us, but at the same time I know our guys, we [are] ready."

Not sure why this hurts so many feelings?  I would hope the players are not terribly distraught....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35353953/big-dog-afc

• Like (+1) 1

They’re sick of hearing about us and the Chiefs all year.  

They feel disrespected after luckily making it to the Super Bowl last year bc they beat Vegas at home, Ryan Tannehill, and a Chiefs team (also lucky to be there) that melted down at halftime because I’m pretty convinced Tyreek went ballistic at halftime after how they botched the end of the first half.   

53 minutes ago, mike22nc said:

1-5 in their last 6 games vs the Bills and Bengals with the only win coming due to an OT coin toss and unbelievable mismanagement by their opposition with 13 seconds left. Hard to agree with your statement.

They’ve been to four straight AFC championships, against four different opponents, with two Super Bowls and a championship to show for it. They feature the best player in the game. Now if the Bengals get back to the Super Bowl this season, then it’s arguable the baton was passed. Regular season victories don’t carry enough weight here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

38 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I want to see the Bengals humiliated, broken 

32 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I was going to ask who talks like this.  Then I remembered the dads at our HS football games. 

28 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Best way to deal with a braggart is to humiliate them.

Where is the bragging?  A few quotes are put on twitter and some of you are crazy fragile. Here is wht the guys said in full context:

"At the end of the day, what people got to realize and understand, we the big dog of the AFC and that's just what it is," Mixon said after Saturday's practice. "For anything to happen, it goes through us."

"We know what our end goal is and in order to get to that end goal we got to get through Buffalo," Mixon said. "We got to keep one week at a time and everything else take care of itself."

Mixon praised Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano but added that "they're not the [Baltimore] Ravens."

"The best thing about is they're going to have to play us honest," Mixon said. "If you want to cheat, whatever you want to do, we're going to make you pay, whichever way you want to do it. That's on you, however y'all want to play it.

"But at the same time, we're going to play our game and we're not going to let nobody dictate what we wanna do. That's just what it's going to be."

"The Bills, what better team would you be able to go up and put your best against?" Mixon said. "It's a great opportunity for us, but at the same time I know our guys, we [are] ready."

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They’re sick of hearing about us and the Chiefs all year.  

They feel disrespected after luckily making it to the Super Bowl last year bc they beat Vegas at home, Ryan Tannehill, and a Chiefs team (also lucky to be there) that melted down at halftime because I’m pretty convinced Tyreek went ballistic at halftime after how they botched the end of the first half.   

As a Bengals season ticket holder for many years and well informed on all things my team, I can promise you this is not the case.  

It is tiring to hear to KC fans nonstop blaming the refs for all 3 losses on twitter.  

It is also comical to continually read statements from fans who teams didn't go very far that about the Bengals were lucky making it to the Super Bowl.  But Cincy is getting plenty of love, in fact I'm shocked at how many commentators/writers are picking Cincy in this game.  Maybe just hyping it up?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

"The best thing about is they're going to have to play us honest," Mixon said. "If you want to cheat, whatever you want to do, we're going to make you pay"

I'm curious as to what he is getting at here.

The Bengals are not a great running team. They are OK, nothing special. The Bills are actually are better running team than they are even without Allen included.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Where is the bragging?  A few quotes are put on twitter and some of you are crazy fragile. Here is wht the guys said in full context:

"We know what our end goal is and in order to get to that end goal we got to get through Buffalo," Mixon said. "We got to keep one week at a time and everything else take care of itself."

We're fragile? Lol. We're fans defending our players on our message board after Mixon made some random, weird comparison to the Ravens that was obviously meant to be a slight. You've now traveled to an opposing team's message board and posted the same defense about 20 times tonight. Projection much? It's not life or death, sure, but you seem hell bent on making your point.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

Wait...wud I do? 

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Wait...wud I do? 

I was responding to two of you... Pine Barrens Mafia said "Best way to deal with a braggart is to humiliate them.  You agreed.  

I just wanted to provide some context and ask who is bragging?

11 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

We're fragile? Lol. We're fans defending our players on our message board after Mixon made some random, weird comparison to the Ravens that was obviously meant to be a slight. You've now traveled to an opposing team's message board and posted the same defense about 20 times tonight. Projection much? It's not life or death, sure, but you seem hell bent on making your point.

There 50 posts on this board up in arms over pieces of quotes by Mixon.  I provided a link to the article and the full quotes.  Im trying to help your brethren stop looking so bad...
We play the Ravens twice a year every year - and they always have a tough defense.  I love your linebackers but neither are thumpers like Roquan Smith.  Mixon knows who has hit him and has always said the Ravens were the best he faced as a RB for a long time. It his opinion, not a slight to the Bills - this is the thinking of which I am referring.

You guys have a great defense with great linebackers.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

There 50 posts on this board up in arms over pieces of quotes by Mixon.  I provided a link to the article and the full quotes.  Im trying to help your brethren stop looking so bad...
We play the Ravens twice a year every year - and they always have a tough defense.  I love your linebackers but neither are thumpers like Roquan Smith.  Mixon knows who has hit him and has always said the Ravens were the best he faced as a RB for a long time. It his opinion, not a slight to the Bills - this is the thinking of which I am referring.

You guys have a great defense with great linebackers.

I’m curios if Mike white would agree with your assessment of the lb’s not being thumpers, or Tua. Ravens are your division rivals, understandable they play your  team harder. 
Bragging, not bragging🤷🏼‍♂️ the answers we seek will be answered Monday and possibly again later in the playoffs. Best of luck to you and your team. That said screw the Chiefs(and the Bengals this week) and Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

46FDCA43-D348-4D97-A3F5-936140D9D193.jpeg

Is that facial hair is photo shopped?

GO BILLS!!!

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I was responding to two of you... Pine Barrens Mafia said "Best way to deal with a braggart is to humiliate them.  You agreed.  

I just wanted to provide some context and ask who is bragging?

I said "who talks like this" in regard to the comment of "breaking" them. I did agree with humility tho. Not a big fan of arrogance. Stay humble. All I want is a good game everyone healthy. I do see how some of what Nixon said was out of context (slightly). He hasn't been the only Bangle talking about the bills this week. Not sure your going to read about the Bills downplaying any of cinci's game. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I’m curios if Mike white would agree with your assessment of the lb’s not being thumpers, or Tua. Ravens are your division rivals, understandable they play your  team harder. 
Bragging, not bragging🤷🏼‍♂️ the answers we seek will be answered Monday and possibly again later in the playoffs. Best of luck to you and your team. That said screw the Chiefs(and the Bengals this week) and Go Bills!!

Not sure it is fair to mention Mike White in the same sentence with Mixon as to being hit...?  Only QB I would compare any RB to in terms of taking a hit is Josh Allen and even then Mixon is a powerful guy.  I think everyone sees your LBs as all around excellent players, Ravens have the thump only rep.. who knows?
Which ever of us gets KC... beat the ***** out of them.  Bills have a ton of fans in Bengals Nation. 

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I said "who talks like this" in regard to the comment of "breaking" them. I did agree with humility tho. Not a big fan of arrogance. Stay humble. All I want is a good game everyone healthy. I do see how some of what Nixon said was out of context (slightly). He hasn't been the only Bangle talking about the bills this week. Not sure your going to read about the Bills downplaying any of cinci's game. 

We all wish Joe was brighter and more articulate, but... he has said other things as well as complimentary.  Keep in mind all the media is in Cincy and they are getting pounded about the big bad Bills and how will they react to the best team in the AFC over and over...  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Not sure it is fair to mention Mike White in the same sentence with Mixon as to being hit...?  Only QB I would compare any RB to in terms of taking a hit is Josh Allen and even then Mixon is a powerful guy.  I think everyone sees your LBs as all around excellent players, Ravens have the thump only rep.. who knows?
Which ever of us gets KC... beat the ***** out of them.  Bills have a ton of fans in Bengals Nation. 

We all wish Joe was brighter and more articulate, but... he has said other things as well as complimentary.  Keep in mind all the media is in Cincy and they are getting pounded about the big bad Bills and how will they react to the best team in the AFC over and over...  

actually this is kind of nice to hear haha. Seems like National media and some local talk about the Bills like they are pretenders. It's going to be a slugfest. Enjoy the game man either way!!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

The Bills are the best team in the AFC. They also happen to be playing the Bengals this week. If Mixon is getting annoyed by questions from the media about the Bills then he's even dumber than he sounds.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The Bills are the best team in the AFC. They also happen to be playing the Bengals this week. If Mixon is getting annoyed by questions from the media about the Bills then he's even dumber than he sounds.

Im guessing you are new to the NFL?  With a huge game players are not just getting asked questions, it is the same questions over and over and then there are baiting questions - Bills are the best team in the AFC, however, the wording of the question make it seem as though beating the Bills is an insurmountable task... the media likes the attention thus the partial quoting of Mixon hoping that uninformed people will just run with it.

Just now, Caesar said:

Im guessing you are new to the NFL?  With a huge game players are not just getting asked questions, it is the same questions over and over and then there are baiting questions - Bills are the best team in the AFC, however, the wording of the question make it seem as though beating the Bills is an insurmountable task... the media likes the attention thus the partial quoting of Mixon hoping that uninformed people will just run with it.

And I'm guessing you're not long for this place.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

"The best thing about is they're going to have to play us honest," Mixon said. "If you want to cheat, whatever you want to do, we're going to make you pay"

I'm curious as to what he is getting at here.

I think he means bringing an extra guy like a safety in the box. They’re gonna make them pay by exploiting that. I think ? 🤷🏻

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Sounds like he's all about the Bengals being AFC Champs last season and not getting the "credit" they deserve for it.

That was last year, Joe.  Take the ring off; it won't help you this season.

We know who the #1 seed is in the conference right now.  And who the #2 seed is.

Actually…KC is number 2 “right now”…

This game is like the earlier Chiefs game. Nice to win but ultimately irrelevant.  You need to play and beat the same people to get to the end no matter what. It really makes no difference where the games are played. We like to think it does, but it doesn't. Would the top seed be nice? Maybe. Who were the two top seeds last year? They both lost after their bye? Oh.  A 1 seed hasn't won the Super Bowl since 2017.  

Would it be nice? Sure. Does it make anything a lock? Nope.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.