MNF- Chargers @ Colts

T&C

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

That check down, Herbert throws every time if the play breaks down and no one is open after a second or two.  

Mahomes. Maybe 1 out of 4 times. 

Allen. McDermott would need to have one of Josh’s family members held hostage in a secret location under the guise Allen must throw the check down to free them. 

This is a good post.

Even Mahomes is becoming reliant on Jerick McKinnon as the season has gone on.

But Herbert? Yeah, this is checkdown city now. 

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

IMO, Aikman was an average NFL QB surrounded by a great supporting cast offensively and defensively. Basically Jimmy Johnson made him what he was

And he didn’t play long enough.

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If you’re the Colts do you just start handing off every play?

Queue the Benny Hill music.

I hope so .. in desperation I picked up Zack Moss for my semi-finals in fantasy football. I am down by 2 and the other guy has Ekeler .. likely screwed but here is hoping the Colts follow your strategy

5 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Are they really going to keep putting Foles out there- he is sooo bad- 

Vivid reminder of where the Bills use to be. Typically we had a solid D, a good RB, but if a team scored more than 14 points we were done. Never will forgot Kyle Orton sliding short on 4th down as he didn’t want to get hit or Trent Edwards checking down on 4th and long when they had to have a first. Don’t miss those days one bit!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Herbert plays the game with NO aggression

And that’s why they don’t win games that perhaps they could? Josh isn’t the safe one a true gunslinger and that leads to alot of wins. Sure it can lead to turnovers BUT more often than not it’s a big play 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

I mean how are people actually saying Herbert is better than Allen?

I really dont see that for a second - he seems disheveled back there alot-

If you watch him he’s actually very good. Super arm and accurate. Knows when to take the check down. Can move with his legs. Doesn’t seem to get rattled. BUT, he has no killer instinct like Josh who has it almost to a fault! One will win more than the other. And it ain’t Herbert. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

If you watch him he’s actually very good. Super arm and accurate. Knows when to take the check down. Can move with his legs. Doesn’t seem to get rattled. BUT, he has no killer instinct like Josh who has it almost to a fault! One will win more than the other. And it ain’t Herbert. 

Does that make Herbert the Jay Cutler of our era?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

No he's got talent - I definitely don't take that away from him or deny it- I've seen the cannon a time or two- I guess I just don't see the it factor from him- like he will have a long good career in the NFL.

He's just not on the Allen or Mahomes level- he's way better then alot of QB' s though 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Vivid reminder of where the Bills use to be. Typically we had a solid D, a good RB, but if a team scored more than 14 points we were done. Never will forgot Kyle Orton sliding short on 4th down as he didn’t want to get hit or Trent Edwards checking down on 4th and long when they had to have a first. Don’t miss those days one bit!!!!!

This is just hard to watch right now 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.