Could the Bills be trying to turn back the clock to it's 2020 offense?

Big Turk

From what it looks like to me they are...that was the offense that was most potent IMHO. They just started steamrolling people and there was nothing you could do seemingly...every top 10 defense they shredded that year for the most part.

Could we see Brown, Beasley and Diggs as the WRs with Davis splitting time with Brown and McKenzie back to gadget guy?

Could be more explosive of we can get similar contributions with the addition of Hines and Cook. Will depend on how much Brown/Beasley have left in the tank.

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

From what it looks like to me they are...that was the offense that was most potent IMHO. They just started steamrolling people and there was nothing you could do seemingly...every top 10 defense they shredded that year for the most part.

Could we see Brown, Beasley and Diggs as the WRs with Davis splitting time with Brown and McKenzie back to gadget guy?

Could be more explosive of we can get similar contributions with the addition of Hines and Cook. Will depend on how much Brown/Beasley have left in the tank.

Thoughts?

I just think they are hoping someone who more or less knows the offense, besides steph, can actually catch the ball like 85 to 90% of the time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing!! Got to AFCCG. 

7 minutes ago, foreboding said:

I just think they are hoping someone who more or less knows the offense, besides steph, can actually catch the ball like 85 to 90% of the time.

Exactly....the recent acquisitions of Brown & Beasley is more about finding veterans who can catch the damn ball regardless of weather. We can still move the chains without YAC.  2020 proves that.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the idea Beasley has somehow regressed is speculation without much fact.

Cole Beasley recently addressed this on Twitter. "You don't go from double coverage to ineffective in one off season "

I could see him playing for Buffalo in 2023 as well 

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

So what? Who cares? As long as they're trying to improve their odds. Ya can't cover everybody. I'm happy to have Brown back and having Bease back should help move the chains. Let's start lighting it up, but keep in mind we do need a run game and I'm not sure Dorsey is hip to that.

If we can get 4-5 yds. a carry, run with  it.

we are gonna Squish the fish, big time. Hurt Tua.....not bad , but take him out. After that game in Miami, dishing out some punishment would be great.

The Bills need some zone busters. They're facing a lot of zone coverages because of Allen's running ability, but they don't really have anyone you can routinely get open vs zones except for Diggs. They brought in Crowder for this but he got hurt.  Beasley from 2020 would be able to help, but I'm not sure about today's version.

15 hours ago, Madmax09 said:

Desperation. Not a good sign. 

Nothing wrong with seeing what sticks at this point in the season. But to your point, the issue is taking a step back and recognizing all the personnel mistakes that were made across the offense in the off-season and including a weak draft.

I'm hoping the Bills get lucky and either Smoke or Beasley plays like the Smoke or Beasley of old.  We need more guys who can find ways to get open.  And then actually catch the ball.

While my hope is that one of them shines, my expectation is that they both become capable backups.  I wouldn't be terribly surprised if one or both of them struggles to achieve even that.  They were both unemployed for a reason.  

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, NUT said:

I agree there is a bit of desperation. I would have rather Shakir broke out as a good to great WR than resign these old guys.

It's an admission of drafting failure IMO.

So would the Bills brass - and Josh Allen. It could still happen for Shakir, but the Bills are on the Super Bowl express and can’t afford to be patient with rookies. Some guys take more than a half season to break out. I’m glad they’re able to see that some things aren’t working as planned and can bring guys in that Josh is familiar with. The NFL rules on PS callups help as well , as a lot of these decisions come down to money- not just performance. Veteran help can be a valuable thing for a playoff run. 

34 minutes ago, Luka said:

It's not just on offense. We brought back Phillips and Lawson also, basically going back and undoing a bunch of questionable roster moves after 2020. 

A lot of these moves are cap driven- guys went for big paydays elsewhere. Totally understandable, but in getting their greenbacks they also found the grass isn’t always greener elsewhere. I think it speaks volumes to what Beane and McD have built here. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.