The Bills won yesterday because.... (karma reasons only)

Just Jack

Again, to see if people read, how did your actions yesterday help the Bills beat the Jets?  I'll start...

I took a risk, unintentional, by wearing my Firebaugh sweatshirt.  While not actually a Bills piece of clothing, it is Bills related.  I typically do not wear anything Bills on game day, I just happen to throw it on while running errands yesterday and did not realize it till almost game time, and it was too late to go home and change.  Plus, I watched most of the 4th quarter, live.  I typically will record the game, then watch it later so I can skip the commercials and catch up to the live broadcast.  So that's two things I may have to keep doing the rest of the season.

Game was not on in my area, so with RedZone on in the background I decided to spend 3 hours making Christmas cookies.  First batch came out of the oven just as Dawson Knox was Supermaning his way into the end zone.  150 cookies later the Bills were winners.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I completed another daily double, folks. Wings on Saturday night and Wings on Sunday pre-game.  I had a bad feeling about the game so I doubled down and well, you know the result.  2 different places, 2 different sauces so it is like a new experience each time.

Again, no need to thank me.  Just doing my part.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

The Bills are now 2-0 this season when I have a hangover. :thumbsup:

I was trying to think of something, and this might just be it. I wore no Bills gear and drank only water. I watched upstairs because my mom with mobility issues came over to watch the game on my Sunday Ticket account. So I did none of the things that I usually do. But, I did go to a Christmas party on Saturday night and had a massive red wine-triggered migraine (the worst kind IMO) so maybe that was it. 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Took my family out to dinner on Saturday night.     Ill have to do it again on Saturday.  Should I go to the same place?  Should I make them eat the same meals?

Off topic Center St. Smokehouse in Batavia has very very good smoked wings.

We play on Saturday night, so you had better make that a Friday night dinner.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I was trying to think of something, and this might just be it. I wore no Bills gear and drank only water. I watched upstairs because my mom with mobility issues came over to watch the game on my Sunday Ticket account. So I did none of the things that I usually do. But, I did go to a Christmas party on Saturday night and had a massive red wine-triggered migraine (the worst kind IMO) so maybe that was it. 

We play on Saturday night, so you had better make that a Friday night dinner.

I considered this as well.  But we play at 8 and we are young old people who eat dinner at 5pm.  

I wasn't able to watch most of the first half. I got home just as we scored the TD to lead 7-0

Hence muppy in front of her TV with the game on  was clearly the determining factor to our Teams win.

you're welcome.

😉

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Did my normal routine - Don Bills apparel, go grocery shopping. 

Took down the winter/holiday flag and replaced it with the Bills flag. 

After the first quarter, I switched hats. I had my blue hat/red standing Buffalo on because my normal game day hat (red with white standing Buffalo) had remnants of my last haircut stuck in the inside, making my forehead itchy. 

So I rubbed the sh*t out of it to get the itchy hairs out. Luckily it worked and the Bills offense ended up getting going. 

You’re welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

I came to a mind-blowing realization yesterday.  All of my deeply-held beliefs that what I did on gameday had a direct correlation to what happened on the field were wrong.

Yesterday I went against just about every element of my usual game-day routine, and I felt uneasy because of it.  Left the house 2 hours later than usual, forgetting to put on my game-day jersey.  Cruised through the airport to pick up my sister fresh off a flight from Charlotte NC.  DID NOT do any tailgating, and walked into the game through a different gate.

But we won.

wow-amazed.gif

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I came to a mind-blowing realization yesterday.  All of my deeply-held beliefs that what I did on gameday had a direct correlation to what happened on the field were wrong.

Yesterday I went against just about every element of my usual game-day routine, and I felt uneasy because of it.  Left the house 2 hours later than usual, forgetting to put on my game-day jersey.  Cruised through the airport to pick up my sister fresh off a flight from Charlotte NC.  DID NOT do any tailgating, and walked into the game through a different gate.

But we won.

wow-amazed.gif

Your sister is now required to fly in the day of every last home game this year. 

Did you wear the kilt?  Was that your one constant?  Because that would count. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Your sister is now required to fly in the day of every last home game this year. 

Did you wear the kilt?  Was that your one constant?  Because that would count. 

I did wear the kilt.  But does this mean I'm barred from tailgating the rest of the year?!?!?!?!?

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I did wear the kilt.  But does this mean I'm barred from tailgating the rest of the year?!?!?!?!?

Hard to say.  The kilt was your one constant yesterday.  Maybe the lack of tailgating is why it took them almost an entire half to score.  So you should tailgate, maybe longer, so they can score earlier/faster. 

28 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Hard to say.  The kilt was your one constant yesterday.  Maybe the lack of tailgating is why it took them almost an entire half to score.  So you should tailgate, maybe longer, so they can score earlier/faster. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hshv3g1z6b30mjdqlb

Ate piggishly during the game, almost half an apple pie and two slabs of lasagna, in that order.

Washed down with a six pack of stress relief medicine.

Regret it today, my stomach, not the win. There will not be a repeat performance next week. 🤢

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Ate piggishly during the game, almost half an apple pie and two slabs of lasagna, in that order.

Regret it today, my stomach, not the win. There will not be a repeat performance next week. 🤢

Dutch apple or standard two crust apple?  Please DM your address, I have a case of pies waiting to go for you. 

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Sorry, my friend but that is not how this works.  You need to soldier up, take one for the team, and repeat what you did. 

Trust me, I get your hesitation.  I have crushed 20 wings literally about 11 times over the last 22 or so days to send some positive mojo to our beloved Bills and preserve a win streak. I actually am not (yet) repulsed by wings so I plan on staying strong here.  Give it a day, you got this.

You can do it.  You need to do it. We are in this together.  (Any other clumsy idioms I can offer here?).

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Hey, if Mike White can go back on the field with bruised ribs, you can take one for the team.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

I have crushed 20 wings literally about 11 times over the last 22 or so days to send some positive mojo to our beloved Bills and preserve a win streak.

That is near herculean, gastrointestinally and financially. Thank you for your efforts.

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Again, to see if people read, how did your actions yesterday help the Bills beat the Jets?  I'll start...

I took a risk, unintentional, by wearing my Firebaugh sweatshirt.  While not actually a Bills piece of clothing, it is Bills related.  I typically do not wear anything Bills on game day, I just happen to throw it on while running errands yesterday and did not realize it till almost game time, and it was too late to go home and change.  Plus, I watched most of the 4th quarter, live.  I typically will record the game, then watch it later so I can skip the commercials and catch up to the live broadcast.  So that's two things I may have to keep doing the rest of the season.

We're two pages in and, by golly, I think everyone finally gets it!!

• Like (+1) 1

As mentioned previously, I un-retired my old lucky shirt after the Vikings game, ending the losing streak. 

Last week, I forgot to bring said shirt on a business trip, so to appease the football gods, I had my wife wear the shirt bra-less. Seemed to do the trick. 

But now I obviously messed with the mojo. 

Right after JA got sacked, essentially ending the drive, I took the shirt off and had the wife put it back on bra-less. 

The mist turned to snow and the game turned on a dime. Never in doubt after that. 

Now I need to find another lucky shirt, but my wife has new mandatory gear for Saturday 😁

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

Yet none of these are examples of karma, just examples of superstitions.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/karma

4. the good or bad emanations felt to be generated by someone or something

If people are superstitious, then they believe that their actions (i.e. silly rituals) generated the aforementioned good emanations (Bills victory).

I'm not superstitious, but I participate in the thread because it's fun. We all need to lighten up now and then; some more than others.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/karma

If people are superstitious, then they believe that their actions (i.e. silly rituals) generated the aforementioned good emanations (Bills victory).

I'm not superstitious, but I participate in the thread because it's fun. We all need to lighten up now and then; some more than others.

No one is stopping you from having fun or being wrong.

So lighten up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.