Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

Sure fun to watch on TV & if no wind, can be fun to be there too (leaving is another story), but when it can affect the outcome (i.e. a slip or fumble at a crucial time) it is a harrowing game to watch.

I know not snow, but that NE game last year was played in conditions that ruined the game.

• Disagree 1

Haven't asked him yet, but I will find out what time the county will start plowing Abbott and other county roads near the stadium. They should be there all day. My bro drives  for Erie County Highway Dept. That's what they did for the Colts game in 2017.

15 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Haven't asked him yet, but I will find out what time the county will start plowing Abbott and other county roads near the stadium. They should be there all day. My bro drives  for Erie County Highway Dept. That's what they did for the Colts game in 2017.

I'd imagine they will be plowing all day lol, its what they do when it snows

12 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

This game is going to suck to watch, its going to snow close to a foot during the game, you can't run in deep snow. 

how do you know this? 

I mean, there is a CHANCE it could snow, there is also a chance the accumulation DURING the game will be minimal. It's lake effect. And I haven't seen anyone predicting a foot during the game lol.

I don't live in Western NY but all the weather forecasts I am seeing says about half an inch and hour during game time and 29 degrees.  What am I missing?  1-3 inches during the game is definitely enough to cause issues but where are people seeing the reports this will duplicate the colts game or be upwards of a foot of snow fall during the game? 

9 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I don't live in Western NY but all the weather forecasts I am seeing says about half an inch and hour during game time and 29 degrees.  What am I missing?  1-3 inches during the game is definitely enough to cause issues but where are people seeing the reports this will duplicate the colts game or be upwards of a foot of snow fall during the game? 

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think you are misinterpreting the tweet and graphic. She is saying 8" on the ground by kick-off and 10" - 12" on the ground by the end of the game. That is 0.66"-1.33"/hour during the game which is manageable.

One of her other tweets shows that Orchard Park is right on the edge of the heavy snow band prediction. If it tracks a couple miles south it may not be snowing at all during game time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think you are misinterpreting the tweet and graphic. She is saying 8" on the ground by kick-off and 10" - 12" on the ground by the end of the game. That is 0.66"-1.33"/hour during the game which is manageable.

One of her other tweets shows that Orchard Park is right on the edge of the heavy snow band prediction. If it tracks a couple miles south it may not be snowing at all during game time.

I'm not misinterpreting anything. Just reposting something from other thread for others to see

• Like (+1) 1

snowfall for a Bills game in December who'da thunk it 😏 I think WNYers deal with the elements as a matter of fact.  And have done so for years and years. Well before social media decided to make storyline over a bit of snow falling.

Im thinking it is wintermageddon PTSD after the Cleveland game. The bills mafia fanbase not care about no stinkin snow AS IF it will keep us away from This game.

I hope all the wimpy dolfans freeze their baguettes off. Or stay home even better 🙂 

squish the fish !~!~!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

This game is going to suck to watch, its going to snow close to a foot during the game, you can't run in deep snow. 

That's good for the Bills. The Dolphins are built on speed. Good luck with that in this weather. Best RB in this game plays for the Bills. JA is gonna be the X factor. I just hope he takes extra care of the ball.

23 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

That's good for the Bills. The Dolphins are built on speed. Good luck with that in this weather. Best RB in this game plays for the Bills. JA is gonna be the X factor. I just hope he takes extra care of the ball.

Bundle UP hermano GO BILLS!~!~!!!!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rant incoming:  I am so sick of hearing about the weather for this game.  

All the talk about this game is about the stupid weather as if Miami will only lose because of the weather.  No one remotely talks about the dangerous weather conditions the Bills faced and all the injuries the first game.  But this game is being made out to be Tua and Miami vs the weather instead of the Bills. 

Miami is coming off two games where they finally played good competition and got exposed.  Fins fans I know are already down on Tua again as if he was just a product of an easy schedule.  

Yet here we are heading into a week where they face the number 1 seed in the AFC that statistically dominated them in Miami but narrowly still lost due to extreme circumstances as if this game is not about facing the top team in the AFC, but just about facing the snow.

Im over it.  It’s so stupid.  Bills offense will be limited too.  Enough about the stupid weather.   

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All the talk about this game is about the stupid weather as if Miami will only lose because of the weather.  No one remotely talks about the dangerous weather conditions the Bills faced and all the injuries the first game.  But this game is being made out to be Tua and Miami vs the weather instead of the Bills. 

Miami is coming off two games where they finally played good competition and got exposed.  Fins fans I know are already down on Tua again as if he was just a product of an easy schedule.  

Yet here we are heading into a week where they face the number 1 seed in the AFC that statistically dominated them in Miami but narrowly still lost due to extreme circumstances as if this game is not about facing the top team in the AFC, but just about facing the snow.

Im over it.  It’s so stupid.  Bills offense will be limited too.  Enough about the stupid weather.   

Agreed, but weather like this could easily adversely affect the Bills too.  A close game and the DB slips defending Hill and next thing you know an 80 yard TD.

Weather creates a lot of variables, mostly negative.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed. It's getting old. 

The weather in Miami was actually an advantage for them. The weather here is just stupid.

• Agree 2

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Disagree.  The Bills players live here during the season and are used to the windy cold and snow.  The Dolphins are simply not. 

That's a significant point to remember. Not only will it be cold and snowy, but gusts will be upwards of 30 mph. I'd like to see how Coach Mike and Tua handle the wind chill, and Tua throwing in the stadium swirling winds. 

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Disagree.  The Bills players live here during the season and are used to the windy cold and snow.  The Dolphins are simply not. 

You're acting like we get a foot of snow here every day. We haven't had a game like this in 5 years. No one is prepared for this. It's just gonna be bad sloppy football.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Process said:

You're acting like we get a foot of snow here every day. We haven't had a game like this in 5 years. No one is prepared for this. It's just gonna be bad sloppy football.

People who are always in warm weather and suddenly have to perform a task outside in windy cold snow are usually not going to perform as well as those who already live in the windy cold snow and whose bodies have adapted 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

6 minutes ago, Process said:

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

People who are always in warm weather and suddenly have to perform a task outside in windy cold snow are usually not going to perform as well as those who already live in the windy cold snow and whose bodies have adapted 

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Maybe maybe not, may be harder for the DBs to stop and change direction 

46 minutes ago, Draconator said:

That's a significant point to remember. Not only will it be cold and snowy, but gusts will be upwards of 30 mph. I'd like to see how Coach Mike and Tua handle the wind chill, and Tua throwing in the stadium swirling winds. 

How did horrible winter conditions work out for the Bills against NE last year?  If anything, horrible snow and wind may level the playing field, as anything can happen in bad weather…to both teams. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

How did horrible winter conditions work out for the Bills against NE last year?  If anything, horrible snow and wind may level the playing field, as anything can happen in bad weather…to both teams. 

Our new stadium will cure all these issues.  Let’s go Bills!!

20 minutes ago, babulator said:

Simms says he thinks he heard the Bills are not going to use heaters. Looks like we might be freezing the fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SkXgOpWOa8&ab_channel=NFLonNBC

Simms is a jackass. He definitely doesn't know the rules, and he's not plugged in to the team in any way

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Corrected it for you.  Bills would have won by 14 and then hosted KC.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

who cares “how” the win is perceived by others - just win, baby!

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Bundle UP hermano GO BILLS!~!~!!!!!!!!

Thanks muppy, I'll be ready. Prolly have my snowpant pockets full of Fireball minis 😉

17 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Maybe maybe not, may be harder for the DBs to stop and change direction 

That's possible, but I don't see Tua having much success hitting his guys. His little hands are gonna be pretty cold. And if his guys can't get open, it's game over. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2022 at 5:50 PM, Malazan said:

Why do people think snow is an advantage for us?

Since the miami game I've seen this strange bit on here about how people want a snowstorm to 'get back at miami' that seems to have unhinged people who forgot we lost a game in the snow to a QB who attempted 3 passes. People seem more interested in this strange weather 'revenge' than winning the game. 

Too answer your question weather really isn’t an advantage for the Buffalo Bills but unfortunately you have a lot of Buffalo Bills fans including the Bills owner that think it is hence one of the many reasons why we are getting another cheap open air stadium. Weather makes no difference your either good enough or you are not good enough both teams have to play in it. If weather mattered the Buffalo Bills wouldn’t have gone zero wins for the 1970’s against the great Miami Dolphins teams of Bob Griese, Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick to name a few weather in Buffalo didn’t stop them from winning it is a myth about weather helping Buffalo. I don’t see any Super Bowl championships for the Bills.

Weather doesn’t help the Buffalo Bills. There is no door number three in sports? Regardless of what the fans, coaches, managers, owners and phony analytics say today thinking that sports is in this new era it isn’t the goals are the same. There are two doors the winning door or locker room and the losing door or locker room. Sports isn’t complicated it has always been win or lose will be that way regardless of the technology or the training methods you either win or you lose nothing else matters or changes. I get it but BSF it is different today? No sports are the same timeless because it doesn’t change you either win or you lose. I like winners ok and I don’t want to hear weather excuses from Sean McDermott that bum win the football game or find another line of work do your job Sean McDermott no excuses you bum. I don’t even know how he is still the Bills coach after that Kansas City Chiefs playoff loss Sean McDermott embarrassed himself losing like that it cost us a Super Bowl championship wake up Bills fans in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Simms is a jackass. He definitely doesn't know the rules, and he's not plugged in to the team in any way

You know what they say about opinions...

27 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

That doesn't stop them from shipping their own up here though does it? 

I think it does, there's something about a fairness clause or something. They can only use what we use, if we forego, so must they.

Go Bills!

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Does that mean LA players are better playing in smog since they are accustomed to it?

I worked in Carson occasionally near where stadium is but never able to but I had bronchitis / walking pneumonia in college and my lung capacity was reduced.

Let's just hope we don't play the LA Rams in Beijing, China!

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Miami head coach and tough guy Mike McDaniel showing up in Orchard Park today

Screenshot_20221216_070604_Google.thumb.jpg.99cf9c5aeed6f37be95534bf7f48dbaf.jpg

Mike just likes saying Gor Tex.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.