Any other conclusion than this is on the coaches, is just wrong

cgg716

38 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

To begin, the last throw by Allen is an absolutely inexcusable play, no doubt. But it’s one play versus a host of others. Vikings converted 3 4th downs, one 3rd and 9, and got a PI call on a 2nd and 22. 

Yes, they got the goaline stop, but even that put the offense in a position it never should have been in. This doesn’t mean Allen is blameless. But between 13 seconds, hail Murray, the HOU wild card. A 3rd and 22 in Miami this year, and routinely getting the ball run down their throats, including last week vs NYJ. How many times before we admit that this D and it’s coaches just plain suck

3 turnovers by Josh.  How is this not on him?  2 INTs and the fumbled exchange in our EZ.

Josh has looked like young Josh ever since this team has come back from the bye.  Making bad decisions and forcing balls into coverage.  

Do the coaches need to take some responsibility for the poor play? Sure they do, but they aren't the ones forcing the ball into coverage when the shorter routes are open.

He has to own that and learn to take what the Defense is giving him.  

This game was ours to win.  The D held them to a FG and we were marching with plenty of time.  Josh, again, forced the ball when it was completely unnecessary.

Edited by Billz4ever

28 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Sure have, his whole career, where he has been bailing out bad coaching. Today, it's 27-10, and the D gets roasted. He made the inexcusable throw yes, but in a situation he never should have been in

Not 1 throw but 2 inexcusable throws and the dropped fumble in the endzone. Coaching? You guys are the worst fans in the world, you have no idea what is and isn’t a good coach, McDermott is better the Marv Levy winning percentage. So let’s fire the beat coach the Bills have ver had. Stupid and more stupid, with the fans calling for coaching changes we deserve to be in last place again for the next 20 years. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

NO TRE WHITE

NO POYER

NO HYDE

NO ELAM

JOSH THROWING TERRIBLE PASSES THAT NEVER SHOULD BE THROWN

Yeah, blame the #@!#!@# COACHING STAFF!!!!

Just. Stop.

So...knowing all this ahead of time, maybe someone should have notified the staff that they may need to do things a bit different than usual.

• Agree 1

Just now, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Frazier is horrible how many 3rd and long are converted before we finally get rid of him

Yeah, we give up a lot of 3rd downs but the game was ours to win today.

D held them to a FG and we were marching.

For whatever reason, Josh decided he needed to force the ball (again) and we blow it.

Can't blame the D there.

Just now, Flucod said:

Not 1 throw but 2 inexcusable throws and the dropped fumble in the endzone. Coaching? You guys are the worst fans in the world, you have no idea what is and isn’t a good coach, McDermott is better the Marv Levy winning percentage. So let’s fire the beat coach the Bills have ver had. Stupid and more stupid, with the fans calling for coaching changes we deserve to be in last place again for the next 20 years. 

The 1st int is irrelevant, both the choice to go for it, and the subsequent play call matter more than the INT. Even that, leaves the team, with a 10 point lead, and Minnesota 60 yards away, but their was never a doubt the D would crumble 

35 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

lol okay. Look the D didn’t have their most consistent day and Jefferson got his, as he does pretty much every week, and given that we had two corners out almost guaranteed JJ was going to be a factor. 

the worst play of the day by the defense, which you don’t even mention, was the 81 yard run by Cook. 

But the defense made stops when they had to to give  Allen a chance to win. Twice. Sorry I will not scapegoat the defense today. It’s on Allen.

I thought he was scapegoating the coaching staff!

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I will say … where is a shallow route?  Why is every route to the end zone there?  Singletary leaks out late.. but unless the concept was for Allen to take the middle of the field and run if nothings there, I don’t get it. 

This offense is obsessively aggressive and it doesn’t help Allen when he needs someone to help him see the field and not just the end zone. 

Counterpoint, someone could be crossing wide open right now 5 yards away and 50/50 he still throws that. 

I wonder if the concept was to clear out the field for Allen to run, if possible. That’s been one of our most effective plays…..have Josh avoid the rush and run for a first down.  He averaged 14 yards per rush today! 

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

81 yard run was due to the safety taking the worst angle have ver watched on an NFL game. Injuries caused that, not coaching. Who was that, Cam Lewis?

You mean the same type of runs we've given up every year, routinely?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, nosejob said:

So...knowing all this ahead of time, maybe someone should have notified the staff that they may need to do things a bit different than usual.

Hamlin and Benford played well. I liked what we saw from Dobson as well. We also were missing Rosseau, that also is a big loss. Ed Oliver showed up finally. Johnson was terrible (7), Cam Lewis brutal, who else are we supposed to play? Only so much talent and players available with the salary cap when so many are out.

2 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

You mean the same type of runs we've given up every year, routinely?

Poyer  and Hyde make that tackle.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Flucod said:

81 yard run was due to the safety taking the worst angle have ver watched on an NFL game. Injuries caused that, not coaching. Who was that, Cam Lewis?

Yep. Juked Benford and then Cam had terrible angle. 

Cam also tried to catch that 4th and long to Jefferson…JUST KNOCK IT DOWN!!!!!

First start at safety. He had some good plays but a few critically horrible ones. 

We miss Poyer so much. 

Didn’t Edmunds miss the whole 2nd half too?  

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Hamlin and Benford played well. I liked what we saw from Dobson as well. We also were missing Rosseau, that also is a big loss. Ed Oliver showed up finally. Johnson was terrible (7), Cam Lewis brutal, who else are we supposed to play? Only so much talent and players available with the salary cap when so many are out.

Benford played well overall, I like him. But, he did have 2 big mistakes later in the game, whiffing on Dalvin Cook at the line of scrimmage and unnecessarily interfering with Jefferson on a 2nd & 22 pass in OT.  I agree the salary cap limits how much high level depth a team can have. We’re playing a lot of inexperienced DBs right now. 

13 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Poyer  and Hyde make that tackle.

No they don't. Rush D has been miserable for years 

Coaches made the decision to not kick the fg and go for it. Coaches called a sneak on the 1 foot line. Coaches made the decision to sit Shakir, Hines and Marlowe again. I'm not drinking the kool-aid. I'm not genuflecting at the altar of some of these coaches.  I know it's taboo to critique these guys but I don't care.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Einstein said:

How many drives are you willing to waste while they experiment with things that may or may not work.

Im much more willing to blame McD for not kicking the field goal to go up 20(?) and not doubling Jefferson, than blaming Dorsey for not continuing to run the ball when it wasn’t working.

I get not running because it’s not working, but who do you blame for the last 3 years not being able to run the ball consistent. And on top of that our oline gets blown up way to much even if Allen doesn’t fumble no way he makes it out of the end zone. Reminds me of the Titans game. Everyone in the front office knew our oline wasn’t that good. And our running backs!!!! 

23 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Coaches made the decision to not kick the fg and go for it. Coaches called a sneak on the 1 foot line. Coaches made the decision to sit Shakir, Hines and Marlowe again. I'm not drinking the kool-aid. I'm not genuflecting at the altar of some of these coaches.  I know it's taboo to critique these guys but I don't care.

Yea I was hoping they put Allen in shotgun on the goalline, just throw a quick slant or to the running back. Or maybe he can run for one yard. I knew our online was going to get blown up , just like in that Titans game. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Yep. Juked Benford and then Cam had terrible angle. 

Cam also tried to catch that 4th and long to Jefferson…JUST KNOCK IT DOWN!!!!!

First start at safety. He had some good plays but a few critically horrible ones. 

We miss Poyer so much. 

Didn’t Edmunds miss the whole 2nd half too?  

Every time a db tries to make a catch instead of knock down a pass, bad things happen. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Yea I was hoping they put Allen in shotgun on the goalline, just throw a quick slant or to the running back. Or maybe he can run for one yard. I knew our online was going to get blown up , just like in that Titans game. 

Yup, could've set my watch to it.  Our OL is trash moving the opponent even 12 inches down field. Oh sure we can occassionally pull some dudes outside for a nice 15 yard run but there zero sustainability or consistency. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, we give up a lot of 3rd downs but the game was ours to win today.

D held them to a FG and we were marching.

For whatever reason, Josh decided he needed to force the ball (again) and we blow it.

Can't blame the D there.

And you can’t blame Josh for the numerous 3rd and 4th down, long yardage conversions made by the Vikings.

Or blame Josh for 13 seconds in KC last year.

Or blame Josh for 12 seconds in KC this year.

There is a pattern that is showing with Frazier/McDermott led defenses. Inexcusable lapses with games on the line. In situations that should not be difficult to close out games/half’s.

Edited by Beast

Just now, Beast said:

And you can’t blame Josh for the numerous 3rd and 4th down, long yardage conversions made bulky the Vikings.

There is a pattern that is showing with Frazier/McDermott led defenses. Inexcusable lapses with games on the line.

Absolutely.  The 3rd and long stuff is mystifying and horrible.  Or I guess that it's not mystifying given the cast of characters back there at the moment, but it's horrible.

22 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I get not running because it’s not working, but who do you blame for the last 3 years not being able to run the ball consistent. And on top of that our oline gets blown up way to much even if Allen doesn’t fumble no way he makes it out of the end zone. Reminds me of the Titans game. Everyone in the front office knew our oline wasn’t that good. And our running backs!!!! 

Allen should have been in shotgun in the endzone.

Trying to QB sneak there was just awful.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

And you can’t blame Josh for the numerous 3rd and 4th down, long yardage conversions made by the Vikings.

There is a pattern that is showing with Frazier/McDermott led defenses. Inexcusable lapses with games on the line. In situations that should not be difficult to close out games/half’s.

Irrelevant.  The Defense put the offense in a position to win the game.

When the chips were down, Josh unfortunately blew it today.

No excuse for throwing that ball. None.  

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Allen should have been in shotgun in the endzone.

Trying to QB sneak there was just awful.

That QB sneak play has been spectacular all season.  It didnt work here, but it's been picking up 3-6 yards a clip all season.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Irrelevant.  The Defense put the offense in a position to win the game.

When the chips were down, Josh unfortunately blew it today.

No excuse for throwing that ball. None.  

I never said Allen wasn’t at fault.

I’m just pointing out the defense also had a huge hand in what happened today as well as in the past.

17 minutes ago, 97bills said:

i kind of wish they would’ve gone hard count too cause who cares about half the distance but 5 yards (or slightly slowing the rush) would be huuuge. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Frazier is horrible how many 3rd and long are converted before we finally get rid of him

Frazier is working with a super glued together patch-work defense. Let’s see what he can do with more than half of a starting unit. I don’t think he’s completely to blame here. I’m more worried about the offensive side of the ball

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I never said Allen wasn’t at fault.

I’m just pointing out the defense also had a huge hand in what happened today as well as in the past.

Right, the D didn't play their best ball today, but they did put the offense in the position to win it.

Edited by Billz4ever

4 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

That QB sneak play has been spectacular all season.  It didnt work here, but it's been picking up 3-6 yards a clip all season.

We have never tried that QB sneak play.

Pushjng out of the endzone, when the Vikings d-line had been abusing our interior o-line all day, is different than QB sneaking in the middle of the field.

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

Against a team that was 7-1???

We made Cousins look like Mahomes because we don't have the personnel in the secondary to make up for that kind of devastation due to injury.

2 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

McD simply had to take the FG attempt on 4th and 2, puts us up 30-17 and virtually game over.

He is not a good game day coach, that much should be obvious to everyone by now. 

My instinct is to take the fg here too but I am pretty sure there is Pwin data at that point they must be looking at.  I would like to understand that data and decision making better.  I think if you assume they other team starts at the 7 yard line it helps the case to go for it.  Can’t have the int and run back.  similar to how the bills got the int In The endZone in Baltimore.  

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Allen has been awful.

Coaching has been awful.

Both are true.

Allen was not awful! Take away those 2 RZ INTs and he was great.😝

Seriously though there were times like on the game tying FG drive and especially the last drive when I thought to myself, this kid is so freaking special! And then the roof collapses. 

I still have faith in Josh that he will bring a SB to Buffalo if not this year, soon. But something right now just ain't right with him, especially in the 2nd half of games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.