Predict The Score! Bills vs. Jets, W9…

eball

I believe the Jets view this game with the Bills as their milestone game year to date. That being said, I think this will be the most physical game the Bills will have played so far this season. If Zack Wilson plays like he did last week against the Patriots, he will take the wind out of the Jet's sails and the Bills will crush the Jets. If Wilson manages to play well, this game will be closer than the current spread. My take;  Bills 27  Jets 23. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24-6 Bills.  TBD is frustrated because of goofy mistakes that ultimately don't hurt the Bills, but keep us away from getting 30 points.  

INTs from Elam and Taron Johnson. 

Miller, Rousseau has sacks.

Edmunds is good but nobody acknowledges it here. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, eball said:

I don’t usually start these threads but I’m pretty sick and tired of hearing about the Jests.  They have SUCKED for years so of course they’ve got a bunch of recent high draft picks on the roster.  Some of them look pretty decent.  The QB is not one of them.  Did anybody watch that game against the very mediocre Pats*** last week?  Sure, they had a pick-6 called back, but that was an ugly football game.

As long as the Bills don’t turn the ball over and give NJ any free points, this is yet another double-digit win.  Oh, and PLEASE put Flacco in, because the Bills might wind up with 10 sacks if that happens.

New York’s ONLY professional football team:  38

New Jersey Jets:  13

Just

End

The

Season

19 and 1, BABY!!!

Do we know whether Wilson will be bored on Sunday?

When I think of a typical Bills/Jets game I expect a more low scoring, chippy, physical slogfest. I don't see this game being different. 

This is the kind of game I can see Josh Allen spending way too much time trying to go at Sauce to test him. Allen will win some and lose some there. I think the Jets defense will do just enough to frustrate the offense and keep the crowd into it. Jets play a lot of man so I expect the Bills to try and use McKenzie early.  I'm thinking they use Sauce on Gabe for the most part and try to bracket Diggs with Reed and a safety. Don't sleep on Reed, either. He's having a great year so far. That leaves McK, Knox, Motor, Cook and newly acquired Hines to step up. Out of that group I think Cook sees the most success. Jets are pretty good against the run. I think Cook takes the Hines trade a bit to heart. Something to keep in mind...while the Bills were making a team that could beat the Chiefs...the Jets have been making a team crafted with beating the Bills in mind. The Jets have been built pretty well (sans QB) and I believe will have way more long term success than a team like the Dolphins as long as they give Saleh enough time and don't pull the plug. While Saleh does come across as a meathead coach...I do believe he's a very solid HC and might have the perfect bravado to survive the NY/NJ media. That being said...Allen does seem to play well against his defense.

On their offense vs. our defense...Zach Wilson may not see the end of this game. There is no way that offensive line can slow our 4 man rush. He's going to get HIT. And while he is very elusive in the pocket he seems to like to scramble behind the line and then heave some poor pass upfield rather than tuck and run like an Allen or Mahomes would and get something out of nothing. He will throw at least 4 or 5 passes that could be intercepted. Defense just needs to catch them. 

I like the Jets skill position players. Wilson is the forgotten rookie on the team because of how explosive Sauce and Hall have been, but the dude can play. Berrios has many fans on this board. Carter and Robinson are a really solid RB duo. 

TL;dr: I like the way the Jets have been built and think they have a talented young roster. What they don't have is a QB. We do. And that QB we have will make just enough plays to pull off a 19-13 win against a surprisingly motivated and chippy young Jets team. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

When I think of a typical Bills/Jets game I expect a more low scoring, chippy, physical slogfest. I don't see this game being different. 

This is the kind of game I can see Josh Allen spending way too much time trying to go at Sauce to test him. Allen will win some and lose some there. I think the Jets defense will do just enough to frustrate the offense and keep the crowd into it. Jets play a lot of man so I expect the Bills to try and use McKenzie early.  I'm thinking they use Sauce on Gabe for the most part and try to bracket Diggs with Reed and a safety. Don't sleep on Reed, either. He's having a great year so far. That leaves McK, Knox, Motor, Cook and newly acquired Hines to step up. Out of that group I think Cook sees the most success. Jets are pretty good against the run. I think Cook takes the Hines trade a bit to heart. Something to keep in mind...while the Bills were making a team that could beat the Chiefs...the Jets have been making a team crafted with beating the Bills in mind. The Jets have been built pretty well (sans QB) and I believe will have way more long term success than a team like the Dolphins as long as they give Saleh enough time and don't pull the plug. While Saleh does come across as a meathead coach...I do believe he's a very solid HC and might have the perfect bravado to survive the NY/NJ media. That being said...Allen does seem to play well against his defense.

On their offense vs. our defense...Zach Wilson may not see the end of this game. There is no way that offensive line can slow our 4 man rush. He's going to get HIT. And while he is very elusive in the pocket he seems to like to scramble behind the line and then heave some poor pass upfield rather than tuck and run like an Allen or Mahomes would and get something out of nothing. He will throw at least 4 or 5 passes that could be intercepted. Defense just needs to catch them. 

I like the Jets skill position players. Wilson is the forgotten rookie on the team because of how explosive Sauce and Hall have been, but the dude can play. Berrios has many fans on this board. Carter and Robinson are a really solid RB duo. 

TL;dr: I like the way the Jets have been built and think they have a talented young roster. What they don't have is a QB. We do. And that QB we have will make just enough plays to pull off a 19-13 win against a surprisingly motivated and chippy young Jets team. 

They do have those game, like the 17-16 win and the 18-10 win, but they also have the 45-17 win and 27-10 win from last year where the game was never really in doubt.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.