Glazer: Bills called about kamara, turned down

Steel City Mafia

2 hours ago, Process said:

Look at how other rookie RBs are performing. 2nd round rookie RBs should be able to perform right away. Not saying he's a bust but definitely a big disappointment so far. 

Hopefully we see him get unleashed now after the bye. 

I am still surprised with that pick, I said it when they picked him, he’s never been able to block, this team relies on backs to block. He’s never going to get on the field until he can do that, they literally might as well line up a slot WR in the backfield, that’s what they drafted.. bad pick IMO.  This FO struggles to project RBs that’s for darn sure.

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Hate to be that guy but James Cook: wasted pick. Hope to be proven wrong though

McD ALWAYS brings rooks along slowly....if you wanna point fingers point at Sean NOT Cook......yeah yeah yeah fumble first play but give him more than 6 games will ya????

6 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

McD ALWAYS brings rooks along slowly....if you wanna point fingers point at Sean NOT Cook......yeah yeah yeah fumble first play but give him more than 6 games will ya????

Disagree. Avery year we have multiple rookies even late round picks getting significant snaps. 

Just now, ngbills said:

Disagree. Avery year we have multiple rookies even late round picks getting significant snaps. 

Names please??  Avery one of them......

1 hour ago, Flucod said:

So you do not have answers at all? Weird a team that needs a RB and is searching for a RB with 3 on the team. Moss gets more playing time, that says everything you need to know.

Yards are king......NOT playing time.

RUSHING YARDS

JOSH ALLEN  257 YDS

Devin Singletary  256 YDS

James Cook  97 YDS

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

Look at how other rookie RBs are performing. 2nd round rookie RBs should be able to perform right away. Not saying he's a bust but definitely a big disappointment so far. 

Hopefully we see him get unleashed now after the bye. 

He has not got much opportunity

2 hours ago, Flucod said:

Cooks body language is awful and reports are that he does not want to be a Bill.

Did you watch him throughout college to know if his body Lange is any different? Please name one report that says he wants out of Buffalo

this definitely has to be up there for worst post of the season 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Did you watch him throughout college to know if his body Lange is any different? Please name one report that says he wants out of Buffalo

this definitely has to be up there for worst post of the season 

Seeing as how he and motor work out in the off-season together I highly doubt cook wants out of buffalo

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't believe that at all. What SF gave up was a lot - too much. However, just because we didn't match that doesn't mean it wasn't a serious offer. We were linked to CMC for a LONG time. I'm guessing they offered a 2 and 4.

"Buffalo called early, as we said, and kept tabs on the situation throughout, which was easy enough with the strong ties between the Bills’ and Panthers’ front offices. In the end, the asking price never came down to the point where Buffalo was compelled to make a hard offer."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/10/24/nfl-week-7-takeaways-burrow-snyder-mmqb

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

"Buffalo called early, as we said, and kept tabs on the situation throughout, which was easy enough with the strong ties between the Bills’ and Panthers’ front offices. In the end, the asking price never came down to the point where Buffalo was compelled to make a hard offer."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/10/24/nfl-week-7-takeaways-burrow-snyder-mmqb

Again, that doesn't disprove my point. It's well understood what CMC went for. If we could have afforded him long term, we robably would have done what was necessary, but the Bills were either looking for a half season rental or controlled contract.That quote does not mean we didn't make an offer, just that the offer wasn't up to the competition. We were clearly very interested or we wouldn't have made an offer at all.

42 minutes ago, MJS said:

And why would we want another slow RB?

I think it's more about RBs that can help us get TDs. Both Hunt and Jacobs would be upgrades for tough yards. CMC would have done the same but in different ways

Edited by BullBuchanan

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Again, that doesn't disprove my point. It's well understood what CMC went for. If we could have afforded him long term, we robably would have done what was necessary, but the Bills were either looking for a half season rental or controlled contract.That quote does not mean we didn't make an offer, just that the offer wasn't up to the competition. We were clearly very interested or we wouldn't have made an offer at all.

Please re-read the quote. The Bills called early, kept tabs, never made a serious offer.

It clearly got out of hand very quickly.

On the other....The Bills might have made an inquiry about Kamara...it's not unusual for teams to inquire about other players all the time before the trade deadline. It doesn't mean anything about Cook.

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Please re-read the quote. The Bills called early, kept tabs, never made a serious offer.

It clearly got out of hand very quickly.

On the other....The Bills might have made an inquiry about Kamara...it's not unusual for teams to inquire about other players all the time before the trade deadline. It doesn't mean anything about Cook.

So they made an offer, but wasn't a "serious" or "hard" offer. But it was an offer, right?

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

So this article quotes Tim Graham who said they enquired about CMC but never made an offer 

and John Wawrow said they did. Listen, this is a non-story except for the small vocal minority here that insists on trying to prove a narrative that they never made an offer for reasons.

It's pretty clear that they did, just as it's pretty clear it's now irrelevant. This staff views playmaking RB as a need going back to last offseason and they clearly still do in spite of drafting Cook. That's the story.

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

“Hearing the #Bills offered a second-round draft pick for CMC, but weren’t prepared to budge further,” Wawrow tweeted. 

So, he heard about an offer that I haven't seen confirmed...

Kinda like your sources that "heard" the bills didn't make "serious" or "hard" offers, whatever that means.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

and John Wawrow said they did. Listen, this is a non-story except for the small vocal minority here that insists on trying to prove a narrative that they never made an offer for reasons.

I

Well they both can’t be right .. so maybe the take away is not to treat everything you hear from these guys quoting “unnamed sources” as gospel ..

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well they both can’t be right .. so maybe the take away is not to treat everything you hear from these guys quoting “unnamed sources” as gospel ..

They can be both right if the bills did indeed make an offer that was not considered to be "serious" or "hard" as @Nihilarian's article suggested. The problem here is people are filling in blanks that don't exist.

Sources are always going to be unnamed in stories like this, because otherwise people are getting fired/blackballed.

Edited by BullBuchanan

4 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Heavy is the worst site for news. Everything they post is just click bait

This. I would not even call it a “news” site. It is speculation, rumor mongering, and unsourced suggestions.

I’d never try to argue my position by citing Heavy. They are the National Enquirer of sports sites w/ zero credibility.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Offensive playmakers?  Guys that get the ball in their hands?  I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Names please??  Avery one of them......

Yards are king......NOT playing time.

RUSHING YARDS

JOSH ALLEN  257 YDS

Devin Singletary  256 YDS

James Cook  97 YDS

Davis, Knox, shakur, singletary, moss…

Beane explains over and over and over and over that the Bills are "in" on almost everyone.. he's given the reasons for this:

1. You never know what is going on with a team and who might be available and for what

2. You get information on what other teams are in the discussions

3. You get information on what players are generating interest and what other teams are offering for them

Yet, this place loses it's **** every time there's a report like this. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

This. I would not even call it a “news” site. It is speculation, rumor mongering, and unsourced suggestions.

I’d never try to argue my position by citing Heavy. They are the National Enquirer of sports sites w/ zero credibility.

I literally picked the first search result that I knew had the quote form John Wawrow in it. Feel free to source any other site that makes you feel better of dozens that have the exact same information. Sorry to offend.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

They can be both right if the bills did indeed make an offer that was not considered to be "serious" or "hard" as @Nihilarian's article suggested. The problem here is people are filling in blanks that don't exist.

Really... because your article  that you  introduced to prove your point  seems definitive that no offer was made..

Other insiders shared that the Bills had been in discussions with the Panthers and may have discussed his asking price, but never made a formal offer.

“Source with direct knowledge tells me Bills first reached out to Panthers about McCaffrey last Friday but never made an offer”, wrote The Athletic’s Tim Graham. “Price was too high and, as Bills monitored, never came down enough.”

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Is the quote they posted false?

Indeed is the above quote false?  Possibly because I take these types of articles with a grain of salt...

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I literally picked the first search result that I knew had the quote form John Wawrow in it. Feel free to source any other site that makes you feel better of dozens that have the exact same information. Sorry to offend.

You didn't offend me at all. I was just pointing out the obvious about Heavy.

To me, this is a non story. The Bills made some type of offer for CMC but were clearly outbid by SF. Any suggestion as to how "serious" the Bills were is subjective & speculative, and doesn't amount to much right now.

5 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Beane explains over and over and over and over that the Bills are "in" on almost everyone.. he's given the reasons for this:

1. You never know what is going with a team and who might be available and for what

2. You get information on that team in the discussions

3. You get information on what players are generating interest and what other teams are offering for them

Yet, this place loses it's **** every time there's a report like this. 

The Bills front office are literally doing their jobs by enquiring about a player that "may"  be available via trade....

It does not mean they are serious suitors every time they do so... But it allows the Twitterers to say that the Bills have "shown interest" and then a number here dust off that 5th Round pick + Moss for the 20th time...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.