Another JA Hurdle!!!

billsfan_34

20 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fantastic but I wish he would avoid the leap at all costs.  Reid was grabbing for his foot and almost got it-touched it---, that coud have easily ended up in tragedy.

It has its risks , but I think it’s reserved for huge games like this or playoffs. Basically win at all costs moments , they / he feels it’s worth the risk. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Was it a white bldg. on a corner?

Radice’s red crush velvet “lounge” on Chippewa was full of strangeness in the 80’s.

i'm thinking 20 years back, but it was on a corner, and if i remember, it looked a bit like a house.

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I already told you to stop applying here, we aren't hiring.

they never even saw me with my pants off.

37 minutes ago, mrags said:

The Library? Pretty sure it is

no wait. Was it The Colony?

yesss!  great call rags...it was the colony.

12 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Just wondering, is this off-topic?

depends how cool you are.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, Gene1973 said:

I mean it's awesome, but it won't be if he ever gets hurt on one of those...

Yeah, I think whoever said it, called it - Allen has "broken" the team of objecting

All the old, wise heads like 'Zo Alexander and Jerry Hughes and Lee Smith who used to tell him "great, but here's how that looks to a defensive player and all the bad things that could happen to you" are gone

The younger guys like Dawson Knox and Poyer are habituated.  It scares them that he'll get hurt, but they don't feel they can try to stop it

22 hours ago, HansLanda said:

People. We need to understand something. He is even getting better at hurdles. Josh said in an interview that was the first one he was still running after jumping over a DB's soul.

In his podcast, Jordan Poyer said "I'm sure glad he's on our team.  I don't want to have to deal with a QB jumping over me!"  I think the guys Allen stiff arms or jukes or jumps get crap by the metric ton when the team watches film.

Edited by Beck Water

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2022-10-21/nfl-week-7-sam-farmer-josh-allen-buffalo-bills

LA Times interviews a bunch of people

n truth, most ball carriers have an undeniable fear of flying.

“It looks cool on tape, but I believe in trying to stay on the ground as much as you can,” Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson said. “It still makes me kind of cringe when I see a guy hurdle.”

Said former Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers: “When I see these guys jump it makes me go, `Oh, my goodness!’ But Josh Allen is unbelievably athletic and can run. So the guys go to tackle him a little different than they would me. With him, they’re really more worried about getting run over.

“I always felt like a fish out of water in the open space and that I needed to get down as soon as possible.”

Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young said that although he never jumped over a defender, Allen has the athleticism and body type to mitigate the gamble of such a decision.

“I actually don’t think he’s that at risk as he does it,” Young said. “His whole body’s not six feet off the ground. If you talk about somebody who’s 5-8, they’re going to have to hurdle by having their whole body go six feet in the air.

“There are certain crash athletes that know how to get to the ground. Like skiers. They can ski their whole life and never get hurt because they know how to get to the ground. Other guys don’t and they blow their knee out or whatever. It’s so true on the football field; so many guys don’t know how to get to the ground.”

That said, even skilled hurdlers have been known to lose their attitude for altitude once they’ve strapped on the shoulder pads.

“Once you leave your feet you have no balance, no anything,” said Renaldo Nehemiah, the former San Francisco 49ers receiver who was ranked No. 1 in the world in the 110-meter high hurdles four years in a row.

“So if someone’s coming in your size or bigger at full speed, it could be ugly. That’s why I was really shocked that Josh Allen did it, the star player of that team. They could take out your knees, do a lot of things, and they would just be doing their job. Some guys would lick their chops at taking a shot at guys like that.”

Then again, Nehemiah played in the NFL from 1982 to 1984. The league was a different place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.