All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Can people stop suggesting Moss has any trade value whatsoever? Nobody wants him. 

Lol, yeah it's like some of those ppl talk sh*t about him and how bad he sucks and shouldn't get another carry etc......

Then will suggest him in some sort of trade scenario to get some other player lol.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/27/2022 at 4:56 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Is this legal? 

I dont know that I trust what this guy says but I dont follow what you are asking.  Is what legal?  ODB is a FA so they can talk and make any kind of handshake deal they want.

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Why is OBJ still a FA?

both Brady and Rodgers are in need of WR talent

there must be something … 

Because no team is going to sign a player until they can pass an NFL physical and they see he can do their team drills.  ODB is steal healing and isnt ready for that yet.

7 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Gabe Davis is like most likely gonezo if we sign this guy after this year right? I don't want that. I'll pass. Much rather have Davis. I still think the people that think he's coming here are in for a big surprise, but we will see.

I dont think so.  I think Beane is going to do what it takes to get Gabe signed.  He is homegrown, young, and a good team fit.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think the opposite, have more need for WR than RB as the Bills are a passing team first and don't prioritize running the ball so whomever is back there, outside of S Barkley or CMC 2 RB's rumored at one point to be available, not sure adding a guy like Akers is going to make any difference. 

Looking at Rookie stats Akers and Moss weren't all that different IMO so how much of an upgrade is he?  The Bills have 4 guys including D Johnson who likely can all do about the same if called upon and really given the chance, but as much as the Bills pass the ball successfully running is never going to be worked on all that much.  My guess is during practice too passing is worked on a larger amount of time and with limited practice time these days hard to be good at it.

Not sure Akers is at all...now many RBs coming off an Achilles tear have ever made it back?

• Agree 1

Last game the Bills went with three TE's active.  May have also been the first game all year all three were actually healthy so the Bills could even consider doing that.  But if they do that again this Sunday, 2 weeks is a trend.  It also seemed to work pretty well having two TE's on the field at once.

If the active game day roster includes; 3 TE's, 5 WR, 8 OL, 2 QB, 1 FB,  that leaves room for 3 RB's including Jones.  Doubt the team is going to sit out either Singletary or Cook for an Akers type level player.  So why would the Bills even consider trading away a draft pick for a player who very likely wouldn't even be active barring injury?  Add in that the team currently has 4 RB all of a skill level similar to Akers and yes am including Moss in there.

The Bills passing game is so good, it doesn't make much sense to try and run all that much add to that they also don't seem to really commit much effort to their running game.  So when an RB goes into the game and makes a mistake or has very limited success, his next stop seems to be the bench which doesn't help players all that much .  I'm really not all the convinced if they really made an effort and stuck with someone that Moss also couldn't succeed.

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, transient said:

I'm not saying this is or isn't true, but every player has to pass a physical before executing a contract, and there would likely be contingencies/offsets in the language given the injury he's coming off of. If OBJ is healthy he's going to play somewhere, why is it so hard to believe that someone would have an tentative agreement in place beforehand?

I'd say because you can't even begin to value a players worth until you see them perform. I'd also suggest if they had a "tentative" deal in place that the Bills would want him in his playbook now and that there's no point in waiting to sign him if this "tentative" deal is in place.  Lastly, why would people think Beane would leak this to some off shoot unheard of website reporter. Click bait BS.

• Agree 1

On 10/27/2022 at 3:44 PM, Mark Long Beach said:

Twitter Fight!   

Clean up the cafeteria and detention after school.

Interesting to see within the space of a single tweet a guy bragging about his bank account, yet lamenting that contrary tweets are causing his children to go hungry. 🤔

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

And Cam Akers?

The first i had ever seen of this guy was his OBJ tweet. I was skeptical. Now I’m even more skeptical than I was initially. This just feels like someone making stuff up and tweeting it. One of those people who tweet about multiple different teams being a “front runner” for a player in the rumor mill and then claiming he was “right” if that player goes to any of the multiple teams they mentioned.

20 hours ago, transient said:

I'm not saying this is or isn't true, but every player has to pass a physical before executing a contract, and there would likely be contingencies/offsets in the language given the injury he's coming off of. If OBJ is healthy he's going to play somewhere, why is it so hard to believe that someone would have an tentative agreement in place beforehand?

the idea is not a stretch at LL of having some incentive heavy framework in place but need to wait till he is cleared to play evrn before a team evaluated him in a physical.

is he old enough to understand his role on the team?  He would not be 1 or 2. If you think 3 is a slot receiver, which I don’t see him, he’d be a 4 or 5 who’d be a back up in case 1 or 2 need to sit out a game.

buffalo could have its seeding wrapped up before week 17 game at Cincinnati.  You have Allen and Diggs sitting out / limited role

8 hours ago, babulator said:

I'd say because you can't even begin to value a players worth until you see them perform. I'd also suggest if they had a "tentative" deal in place that the Bills would want him in his playbook now and that there's no point in waiting to sign him if this "tentative" deal is in place.  Lastly, why would people think Beane would leak this to some off shoot unheard of website reporter. Click bait BS.

C’mon. OBJ is enough of a known commodity that IF he’s healthy enough to play both sides would have an idea of what they’re looking for in a deal. And as far as the playbook, that’s absurd. Do you really think a veteran WR is going to have a problem picking up this offense. He seemed to pick up the Rams playbook just fine last season when he joined them in November. As far as a leak, if this turns out to be true, why would you assume it was Beane that was responsible. 

I’m not at all saying this is true, I’m just saying that if OBJ is planning on returning sometime in November, being that he’s a free agent, it wouldn’t be at all surprising if he and his agent had a framework for a deal already in place with a team, and there has been smoke all season long linking him to the Bills. 

On 10/12/2022 at 7:38 AM, Greybeard said:

To be fair to Shakir, the Bills actually have to be in a Championship game before you can make that comparison.

To be fair, OBJ’s catches and yards in a Championship game are greater than Shakir’s career totals. 

Edited by mjohns85

5 minutes ago, mjohns85 said:

To be fair, OBJ’s catches and yards in a Championship game are greater than Shakir’s career totals. 

Coming off a torn ACL, I wouldn't shell out much for him, nor would I expect much either.  He won't be "the old OBJ" playing only a few games this year with no training camp.

I *would* like the Bills to get another WR who can play out wide in case Diggs or Davis get hurt again, but I don't know who they could get that would be any good AND would fit under the cap.  Nice if they could nab a WR who had potential coming out of college recently, but hasn't put it together wherever they are so far.  If you could nab a guy like that, he could be a long-term investment instead of just a vet that you trade for or sign completely expecting him to be gone after the season.  I thought the Chiefs' trade for Kadarius Toney was a good gamble.

OBJ is a free agent so no draft capital is needed and he won’t be expensive as

hes not going to play until December.  He’s shopping himself for next year.  We need the cheap labor in our draft picks to counter Allen’s and the other expensove contracts Beane has extended (all of which I agree).

Its these conditions that draws me to wanting OBJ as our third guy.  He certainly would be better if healthy than what we have on the roster.

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

OBJ is a free agent so no draft capital is needed and he won’t be expensive as

hes not going to play until December.  He’s shopping himself for next year.  We need the cheap labor in our draft picks to counter Allen’s and the other expensove contracts Beane has extended (all of which I agree).

Its these conditions that draws me to wanting OBJ as our third guy.  He certainly would be better if healthy than what we have on the roster.

Especially if it is a 2 year deal he would likely get one more short deal after this if he is still effective 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.