Josh Rosen Cut

arcadia bob

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He's a fringe PS QB at this point the only reason we notice at this point is because of him being in the same draft class as Josh and his comments after getting picked.

I’ll say this. At the time there was questions about his dedication to football. I think he’s proved that he DOES want to play football at this level. He’s had plenty of chances to quit if he didn’t. 

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Hurry!  He is still determined to prove 10 other teams wrong!

Pretty soon they will be the only teams left to STILL not give him a shot.

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

This guy is right up there with Ryan Leaf as one of the biggest top 10 draft pick busts of all time, especially at the QB position.

Thank god the Bills didn't draft him.

And yet, I bet you were one of the people mad Beane took the right Josh.

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

He really wasn't THAT bad in Arizona. Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold have fallen prey to bad coaching and poorly run organizations. Not that I think any of these guys are or could be as good as Allen, but I definitely think had the bills picked any of these guys, they would've been more successful under the bills front office. Either way, I'm glad we got allen

Go Back and watch a few games of Az that year. Rosen was awful. He was like Peterman with a slightly better arm. No anticipation, no big throws, no pocket awareness. Dude was horrendous. The fact there was a debate if they keep him or draft Murray is laughable

13 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

:P

@GunnerBill’s post on page two of that thread is still the most awesome thing I’ve ever seen on this board. One, because Gunner is such a thoughtful, analytical, opposite-of-knee-jerk poster, and two, because he has totally owned it. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

i was all over allen when we picked up, i thought he was the best guy in the draft.

i thought rosen was too physically weak to be an nfl star, also when allen had a reasonably better wonderlic, i figured rosen was just a coached up lil brat.

i also thought darnold and mayfield would be great too, and i thought jackson was destined to be another position other than qb.

so technically i was 2/5 on 2018 qbs, but based on my Josh^2 analysis, i was pretty top notch.

13 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

A sliding doors moment. If we hadn’t traded the pick and chosen Mahomes, how would he have fared here? And who would they have picked instead? 

Mahomes is a special player, and while he has certainly benefited from having a head coach like Andy Reid and a fine supporting cast (especially Kelce), I suspect that he would have made (almost) any team that drafted him happy. We'll never know -- and even if the Bills had not traded down, they still would not have taken Mahomes there as they reportedly were all set to draft Lattimore at #10.

As it turns out, a win-win for both teams as KC wound up with an MVP and Super Bowl champ, and the Bills wound up (eventually) with both Tre and Josh Allen. Allen isn't just a pure specimen at QB, he is a larger-than-life personality that is perfect for Buffalo. Both Allen and Mahomes have the likeability factor in spades, as opposed to the "other" Josh. I know little about Rosen -- he may be the kindest dude ever -- but he just comes across as someone you want to punch in the face.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Mahomes is a special player, and while he has certainly benefited from having a head coach like Andy Reid and a fine supporting cast (especially Kelce), I suspect that he would have made (almost) any team that drafted him happy. We'll never know -- and even if the Bills had not traded down, they still would not have taken Mahomes there as they reportedly were all set to draft Lattimore at #10.

As it turns out, a win-win for both teams as KC wound up with an MVP and Super Bowl champ, and the Bills wound up (eventually) with both Tre and Josh Allen. Allen isn't just a pure specimen at QB, he is a larger-than-life personality that is perfect for Buffalo. Both Allen and Mahomes have the likeability factor in spades, as opposed to the "other" Josh. I know little about Rosen -- he may be the kindest dude ever -- but he just comes across as someone you want to punch in the face.

Mahomes would have been great anywhere - but putting him with Reid has made him even greater.  

Looking at how bad Rosen is makes me cringe. Reminds me of all those bad drafts and how we were the team that picked a loser.  JP Losman or EJ Manuel  come to mind.  Rosen has had a chance to prove himself and he failed worse than all the rest. If he wants some slight chance at redemption he should try the CFL but I dont think he is suited for the style of play there either.

2 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

EJ Manuel 

Up until last month I was ready to take on all comers who wished to debate me over my proposition: that time has proved that EJ Manuel was, in fact, the best QB available in the 2013 draft. 
I stand corrected. All we needed was Geno + 9 years of patience, thereby depriving Buddy Nix of his one claim to Bills draft fame. 

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

What was my post?

You liked the pick.  You said he had the most upside of anyone.  Then you added to your prophecy and sung Lamar’s praises.  You should have stopped there because then you wished Allen would be the next Carson Wentz.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Up until last month I was ready to take on all comers who wished to debate me over my proposition: that time has proved that EJ Manuel was, in fact, the best QB available in the 2013 draft. 
I stand corrected. All we needed was Geno + 9 years of patience, thereby depriving Buddy Nix of his one claim to Bills draft fame. 

Todd Collins had a great month of December in his 13th season, proving the late John Butler correct.  Collins is about the only player with a similar career path to Geno Smith that I can recall, but it only lasted one month.  However it was one heck of a month!    

20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You liked the pick.  You said he had the most upside of anyone.  Then you added to your prophecy and sung Lamar’s praises.  You should have stopped there because then you wished Allen would be the next Carson Wentz.

All i care about was I hit on Allen. I did not like Rosen at all. And yes, im glad Allen surpassed Wentz in like his second season in the league. Lol. Hahah. Fun times. 

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Todd Collins had a great month of December in his 13th season, proving the late John Butler correct.  Collins is about the only player with a similar career path to Geno Smith that I can recall, but it only lasted one month.  However it was one heck of a month!    

Thanks. I had forgotten about that. People often mention Rich Gannon as a late bloomer, which is true in that his best seasons (by far) came in his mid-30s, but he did have some modestly effective seasons with the Vikings long before that. Whereas Geno was pretty much trash until this season. I keep waiting for the bubble to burst, but …

8 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Go Back and watch a few games of Az that year. Rosen was awful. He was like Peterman with a slightly better arm. No anticipation, no big throws, no pocket awareness. Dude was horrendous. The fact there was a debate if they keep him or draft Murray is laughable

Well, obviously Arizona made the right decision getting murray, but I still think had the bills drafted Rosen, he would've had more success here. Doesn't mean he would've had the success that Josh is currently having, but I think there's something to be said about poor coaching and poorly run organizations 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Well, obviously Arizona made the right decision getting murray, but I still think had the bills drafted Rosen, he would've had more success here. Doesn't mean he would've had the success that Josh is currently having, but I think there's something to be said about poor coaching and poorly run organizations 

I think Arizona, who saw him every day in practice & games for an entire season knew Rosen was a bust & did the right thing for their organization by admitting they made a mistake & still got something in return before his trade value dropped to zero.  Most GMs won't admit a mistake that quickly on a top 10 pick who they traded up for and it ultimately costs them their jobs.  Keim saved his job getting rid of Rosen so fast.  In fact, of all the GMs who drafted QBs in the 1st round of 2018, only Beane & Keim are still on the job with their team (Ozzie Newsome, who I consider the best GM of his generation, retired after drafting Lamar Jackson, proving that you can draft a QB in the year you're retiring and set the franchise up for years, unlike how Buddy Nix left the Bills).

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I don't. He had chances with good organizations and did nothing. He couldnt beat out Blaine Gabbert. He went to San Fran and was cut. He couldnt beat out Josh Dobbs in Cleveland. Dude is terrible

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.