Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I like Lawson in this matchup. He doesn’t get to the qb but he keeps the qb from escaping (and throwing ) from his side out of the pocket. He plays lamar so well. Mahomes kills the Bills rolling right

Lawson suits up then Hodgkins 

I just want as much as we can on offense. 

38 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Dorsey needs to open up pre snap motion against rookie CB's and with a defense that doesn't have leadership in the backfield necessary to make the calls. 

My early move is to move Knox out wide in presnap with Gillam motioning to the wing/flanker. Who they want to cover with Singleterry in the backfield in 21 personnel is going to be 1 key.

If I'm the Chiefs I have to extend my nickel against Knox, LBs 1 on 1 to Gillam and Singleterry. The safeties have to be cover 2 deep.

This can let Singleterry run a route or block. A dump off works. Davis is going right down the sideline deep seam split decoy. 

But my first play is a screen to Singleterry from this formation. I set a basis for what the Chiefs want to do.

I line right back up at the LoS. Diggs 7 yard out post. Knox runs inside. Davis stutters at the line boxes his man out. Play action to Singleterry. Gillam has already leaded to the next level and can block.

We keep the personnel package the same series. We don't sub. We don't run high octane. We don't huddle. 

3rd play, we pass. Singleterry blocks, Gillam blocks.  We see what they want to do with who coming in the pocket. 

Shall I continue? 

Wrong post.  Too late now. But in reference to who we make inactive...

Sweeney, kunerow, Murray, Spector, Lawson

A 50% Phillips is more valuable then an edge contain Lawson. 

Love the thought process behind the play calling.  

I’m not sure if I’d want Shaq to be inactive.  I’d prefer Bryant sits if JP plays.  Or JP, obv, if he doesn’t play. Jones was DNP most of the week too?  Maybe he sits? 

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Love the thought process behind the play calling.  

I’m not sure if I’d want Shaq to be inactive.  I’d prefer Bryant sits if JP plays.  Or JP, obv, if he doesn’t play. Jones was DNP most of the week too?  Maybe he sits? 

By shifting Knox to WR in a 21 personnel means the chiefs will set a package to cover 21.

We shift Knox and see if they want to cover the man, cover the zone, or cover the position.

Will the respect Knox? Will they get back into a base and cover the TE?

I expect KC will have to be willing to sacrifice bend don't break.

If I'm KC I line up with 4 men on the LOS only 2 down linemen. Let Josh figure out who is rushing. Then for the lulz I'm going to take a LB and bring him up pre snap. 

Yep, snap comes. Here is that outside blitz from a CB. He's gonna come at you like someone put a coal in his underpants.  

I make the Bills OL my B word. I beat Morse to a pulp. I ignore the guards, they don't interest me. And I let Dawkins win. Because I'm going to punk out Doyle. Big dude. Attitude problem. My focus on the OL is to wear old Morse down for his annual return to the team who knows he ain't worth it. I'm going to piss off Doyle. Make him think. Make him lose his cool. And the rest of the pieces around those two fall and someone is going to get Josh. He will be sacked 4 times. He's going to be hit. But I don't want to hurt him. I want to punish Morse.

If a player crosses the LOS with the ball the Chiefs bring a missle. Punish Singleterry. Let him spill the rock. If it's Josh, stop him.  Don't piss him off. Just stop him. He can be a hero all he wants let him carry the team again. As a chiefs believer I'd hold Mahomes capabilities over Allen and trust that Mahomes can outplay Allen.

That of course, does not begin the discussion on the Bills going after the Chiefs. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

By shifting Knox to WR in a 21 personnel means the chiefs will set a package to cover 21.

We shift Knox and see if they want to cover the man, cover the zone, or cover the position.

Will the respect Knox? Will they get back into a base and cover the TE?

I expect KC will have to be willing to sacrifice bend don't break.

If I'm KC I line up with 4 men on the LOS only 2 down linemen. Let Josh figure out who is rushing. Then for the lulz I'm going to take a LB and bring him up pre snap. 

Yep, snap comes. Here is that outside blitz from a CB. He's gonna come at you like someone put a coal in his underpants.  

I make the Bills OL my B word. I beat Morse to a pulp. I ignore the guards, they don't interest me. And I let Dawkins win. Because I'm going to punk out Doyle. Big dude. Attitude problem. My focus on the OL is to wear old Morse down for his annual return to the team who knows he ain't worth it. I'm going to piss off Doyle. Make him think. Make him lose his cool. And the rest of the pieces around those two fall and someone is going to get Josh. He will be sacked 4 times. He's going to be hit. But I don't want to hurt him. I want to punish Morse.

If a player crosses the LOS with the ball the Chiefs bring a missle. Punish Singleterry. Let him spill the rock. If it's Josh, stop him.  Don't piss him off. Just stop him. He can be a hero all he wants let him carry the team again. As a chiefs believer I'd hold Mahomes capabilities over Allen and trust that Mahomes can outplay Allen.

That of course, does not begin the discussion on the Bills going after the Chiefs. 

Doyle is out for the year.  Brown is the target I assume?  

I’d target Saffold, Bates and Brown.  They’re all pretty terrible.  Jones should eat them alive 1on 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Doyle is out for the year.  Brown is the target I assume?  

I’d target Saffold, Bates and Brown.  They’re all pretty terrible.  Jones should eat them alive 1on 1

Wish we'd bring Quessenbery in at right guard, move Bates to his preferred left side and drop Saffold.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Brown is terrible?  Interesting.  Like your analysis on why he is......

My analysis consists of watching the games and watching him play. He’s not a good RT.  Terrible….maybe a bit harsh.  Not good, hits just right

• Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Apparently Cynthia is a turncoat.

image.thumb.png.c8c774f70ed91f63b29a8c34cfe489f6.png

Her NFL.com video was insanely goofy. It was some sort of simulation based on weird hypothesis.

I'm not saying the chiefs cant or won't win but it was really odd to hear her dap up the bills then drop them by 1 to be Chefs. 

I just watched the last playoff game on NFL network and it again makes my biggest concern our coaching in big moments. I didn’t realize we actually called 2 defensive timeouts. Each right before those 2 final 4th quarter defensive plays where we still stopped squat. Ewww.
We win Sunday if we don’t get outcoached, again. 

Note: the positive side of watching that playoff game, Ingram and Hill destroyed us and they are gone and our worst OL from that game, Williams was awful and is not on our team anymore. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

I'm most concerned about Chris Jones and the other play makers they have over there on the d line  making things difficult for Josh. On the other hand their secondary sucks so we might be able to destroy them through the air. 

I don’t see anyone but Jones look good against the Raiders. The Raiders have a horrible line and they ran right at them at will. I would play action them to death.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I just watched the last playoff game on NFL network and it again makes my biggest concern our coaching in big moments. I didn’t realize we actually called 2 defensive timeouts right before each of those 2 poorly executed 4th quarter defensive plays where we still stopped squat. Ewww.

Do you mean to levy criticism of McDermott's late game management against the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2021-22 NFL Divisional Round playoffs?! 

This is unheard of. How DARE you, sir!

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Do you mean to levy criticism of McDermott's late game management against the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2021-22 NFL Divisional Round playoffs?! 

This is unheard of. How DARE you, sir!

I know unheard of. I just didn’t remember the 2 timeouts. It added to my level of disdain for the ending. 

21 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I just watched the last playoff game on NFL network and it again makes my biggest concern our coaching in big moments. I didn’t realize we actually called 2 defensive timeouts. Each right before those 2 final 4th quarter defensive plays where we still stopped squat. Ewww.

Note: the positive side of watching that playoff game, Ingram and Hill destroyed us and they are gone and our worst OL from that game, Williams was awful and is not on our team anymore. 

That 2pt conversion the Chiefs went for against the Raiders wasn't exactly the smartest decisions.

18 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I don’t see anyone but Jones look good against the Raiders. The Raiders have a horrible line and they ran right at them at will. I would play action them to death.

Bills aren't really a play action offense. I'd suggest a few more RPOs instead. Another distinction is that the Raiders gashed the Chiefs between the tackles with Jacobs a work horse. Bills pretty much suck running between the tackles and Singletary is no Jacobs. The Bills are more successful running to the outside. That just so happens to be the Chiefs strength. It's truly a cat and mouse game. 

Edited by newcam2012

Just now, Warcodered said:

That 2pt conversion the Chiefs went for against the Raiders wasn't exactly the smartest decisions.

I’m hoping when their kicker returns this week he isn’t sharp and they miss an important kick to lose. That would be a classic. 

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

I know unheard of. I just didn’t remember the 2 timeouts. It added to my level of disdain for the ending. 

No offense, but that exact point was pretty extensively discussed on this board and everywhere else people comment on the NFL with any granular detail. 

I mean, you're not wrong about those timeouts being like exponential accelerants to our collective righteous indignation. But alas, this pain has been given no shortage of space for processing already.

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bills aren't really a play action offense. I'd suggest a few more RPOs instead. Another distinction is that the Raiders gashed the Chiefs between the tackles with a Jacobs a work horse. Bills pretty much such running between the tackles and Singletary is no Jacobs. The Bills are more successful running outside. That just so happens to be the Chiefs strength in the running game. It's truly a cat and mouse game. 

Of 199 pass attempts there have been 13 passes off RPO's for 122 yards and 39 play action passes for 394 yards.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2022_advanced.htm

• Like (+1) 1

After reading and listening to chiefs forums and podcasts all week I think I wanna win this game so bad more so than any other game in the past… So tired of the ***** talk that all the teams we’ve beaten are tomato cans and there supposedly world beaters cause they beat the bucs…. Gosh wouldn’t it be something if we go down there and run those ***** right outta there own building… Go Bills I’m ready….

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Of 199 pass attempts there have been 13 passes off RPO's for 122 yards and 39 play action passes for 394 yards.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2022_advanced.htm

This past week saw some RPO success, whereas, to my eye at least, earlier in the season it wasn't being run as effectively.

We also saw the Bills incorporating more Pin-n-Pull run concepts, which has me wondering if Dorsey is moving towards marrying RPOs with gap/power running concepts, whereas, to my eye at least, earlier in the season he was hoping to marry play-action with wide zone running concepts? 

I know that ideally each week is its own challenge which inspires its own solutions, but we saw what happened late last year when the offense shifted its blocking concepts in the same direction we've just begun to see already this year. Hopefully it's a trend in the direction of self-efficacy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

My analysis consists of watching the games and watching him play. He’s not a good RT.  Terrible….maybe a bit harsh.  Not good, hits just right

I don't agree with this. Neither does Joe Buscaglia. He had Brown with the highest grade on the O-line vs the Steelers with a B+. 

https://theathletic.com/3683801/2022/10/12/bills-all-22-film-review-steelers/

Quote:

"Brown looks more like the highly effective player the Bills put into their starting lineup in his first four starts than the struggling player who made up the rest of his rookie year. That Miami game was Brown’s worst this season when he allowed multiple pressures in the two drives leading to sitting out the rest of the game [due to heat illness], but that has been the early anomaly to his year. It’s still early, and Brown needs to keep it going, but the Bills are likely feeling cautiously optimistic they found a long-term answer at right tackle."

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't agree with this. Neither does Joe Buscaglia. He had Brown with the highest grade on the O-line vs the Steelers with a B+. 

https://theathletic.com/3683801/2022/10/12/bills-all-22-film-review-steelers/

Quote:

"Brown looks more like the highly effective player the Bills put into their starting lineup in his first four starts than the struggling player who made up the rest of his rookie year. That Miami game was Brown’s worst this season when he allowed multiple pressures in the two drives leading to sitting out the rest of the game [due to heat illness], but that has been the early anomaly to his year. It’s still early, and Brown needs to keep it going, but the Bills are likely feeling cautiously optimistic they found a long-term answer at right tackle."

I must admit, I didn’t watch him very closely Vs the Steelers thanks to Labatts and haven’t had time to rewatch the game yet.  

he’s got all the potential in the world and I love his aura.  I just haven’t seen him play much good football yet.  If the Steelers game was the turning point in his career, I’ll be a happy man.  He just hasn’t been a good RT to date.  He’s flashed.  But he’s flashed more bad than good so far.  Maybe the good will take the lead in this portion of his career.  We need him.  

I’m worried about him sunday but not as much as Saffold and Bates

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

This past week saw some RPO success, whereas, to my eye at least, earlier in the season it wasn't being run as effectively.

We also saw the Bills incorporating more Pin-n-Pull run concepts, which has me wondering if Dorsey is moving towards marrying RPOs with gap/power running concepts, whereas, to my eye at least, earlier in the season he was hoping to marry play-action with wide zone running concepts? 

I know that ideally each week is its own challenge which inspires its own solutions, but we saw what happened late last year when the offense shifted its blocking concepts in the same direction we've just begun to see already this year. Hopefully it's a trend in the direction of self-efficacy. 

I think the Bills are much more suited for this style of run game. The pin and pull allows for the Bills quick and fleet footed OL to use their angles and misdirection to hastily take a strategic advantage of the defenders presnap alignment. They are multiple in the way they use this, with numerous combinations of who moves, who pins, etc. Mitch Morse does his best work on the move, and guys like Bates, Brown and Dawkins are all more than capable.

Those RPOs on the other hand, don’t see nearly as much success because of how slowly they develop, while relying on bodies to move bodies. It’s way more of a “line up and move these men” which frankly, our guys are often beat or don’t create nearly enough wash up front for their to be success regularly. They just aren’t built for that.

When Buffalo played Baltimore, I loved watching their ISO run game with Pat Ricard on Tremaine Edmunds. I was thinking to myself, man I wish we have a play as quick hitting and powerful. Then you remember your personnel, and realize that’s just not something we’re built for.

Dorsey is smart enough to realize that the ground game for Buffalo has to be a chess match, and not a d*** measuring contest. The aspect to RPOs Dorsey might find attractive is undoubtedly the fact the ball stays in your best players hands. I am certain they will continue to incorporate this, with wrinkles of bootlegs, QB keepers and more. I’m just not so crazy about the running aspect of it, although Allen seems to be finding ways to rip off chunk yardage and take advantage of off-man coverage.

• Like (+1) 3

I wonder why the Bills don't run the counter gap a few times a game (Thurman's old speciality in the 90s). It's perfect for mobile linemen and gives the running back a view of where the holes are.

Singletary and especially Moss don't recognize the cutback lane quickly, this could help. And with Morse, Dawkins and Brown on the move, good things happen.

• Like (+1) 2

what in the mother*****?  Buffalo goes to KC again in 2023?

Date TBA at Kansas City ChiefsArrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MOTime TBA

https://fbschedules.com/2023-buffalo-bills-schedule/

Even in the 90s I remember Buffalo traveling to Arrowhead.

Yo NFL could you stop goving KC home field advantage every time?  Home field is not going to help the Chefs this time- we are going to destroy them

FU NFL- we will win home field and host KC you rat bastards

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.