Do we all see what Daboll is able to do with a real NFL running back?

FireChans

36 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yeah that’s fine. Blame the OL. Not Daboll or Dorsey.

33 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If your running backs are getting met in the backfield early and often, yes, I most certainly blame the O-line.

Tell us, if you could have a great run blocking O-line or a great pass blocking O-line, which would you chose?  Because there aren't many that are great at both.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

So Dabs was killed here, often, about the lack of running game when he was out OC. Of course, he had Butterfingers Singles and Cement Block Moss at RB.

Now he goes to NY, and he gets a quality RB like Barkley (who isn’t even THAT quality considering his last few season after a great rookie campaign) and BAM. Leading rusher in the NFL. Career resurgence.

So maybe, just maybe, our lack of RB production wasn’t because of Daboll or Dorsey. And maybe our GM knows this which is why we have been dumping mid round picks to try to find SOMEONE decent at RB for the last 4 years. 

this is another big pile of doo doo. 

Give me Their Offensive Line - Josh Allen.

So Dabs was killed here, often, about the lack of running game when he was out OC. Of course, he had Butterfingers Singles and Cement Block Moss at RB.

Now he goes to NY, and he gets a quality RB like Barkley (who isn’t even THAT quality considering his last few season after a great rookie campaign) and BAM. Leading rusher in the NFL. Career resurgence.

So maybe, just maybe, our lack of RB production wasn’t because of Daboll or Dorsey. And maybe our GM knows this which is why we have been dumping mid round picks to try to find SOMEONE decent at RB for the last 4 years. 

He is featuring the best player he has on offense and covering up for his third rate QB.  This hardly proof of anything other than that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Nyg +270

For the win 

Bad loss for the Pack.  Up 17-3.

Just now, FireChans said:

5.5 YPC with the entire world knowing you’re running.

And Allen puts up what he does with the other team knowing we're passing.  So what?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

We have Josh Allen, not Barkley.  I will talk about Allen since he's our ride or die.

There you go if you needed to understand the point lmao

2 hours ago, Simon said:

The Giants have 3 points and Barkley has 6 touches for 10 yards.

Well-timed observation. :thumbsup:

🥺🥺

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

There you go if you needed to understand the point lmao

🥺🥺

I have no idea why people keep bringing up Barkley anyway since #1 we can't afford him and #2 the Giants are 4-1.  Why people think the giants would want to give up their best player when they are where they are is laughable.

Not even that quality?  His is a top flight back, full stop.

So the point of your thread is that Singletary and Moss aren't as good as Saquon Barkley?

A spectacular insight nobody has ever considered and certainly worthy of a thread to provide the attention you're seeking!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I still don’t the Giants are legit.  I think the Packers are just average.

Depends upon what you mean by “legit”.

I think they are a well coached team now. Wink Martindale knows something. Mike Kafka seems to be cooking well with the ingredients he’s got.

So far, I think they legit have a shot at playoffs depending upon the rest of the NFC.

I don’t think they have the hosses to go deep in the playoffs quite yet

1 minute ago, Simon said:

So the point of your thread is that Singletary and Moss aren't as good as Saquon Barkley?

A spectacular insight nobody has ever considered and certainly worthy of a thread to provide the attention you desperately crave!

Good thing we've got so many people with such great football acumen they could bring that to our attention since that thought would never have dawned on me!  lol

He was a second overall pick.  I would hope Daboll could make that work.  They also have a better run blocking line there.  Nobodies around the league have good games.  Why?  Because they have a blocking line.  We cant run on short yardage because our line gets no push.  Until thats fixed it doesnt matter what RB we have.

Entering the 2018 NFL draft, Barkley was widely projected to be a top 10 NFL pick.[39] In the weeks leading up to the NFL Combine, Barkley's stock rose even higher. By late February 2018, some mock drafts projected him as high as the second selection overall,[65] the highest for a running back since Reggie Bush in 2006. ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr., who has history of not supporting the selection of running backs in the NFL draft's first round, said "Barkley is a once in a lifetime talent, teams that pass on this young man will be sorry."[66]

At the combine, Barkley had a performance that was widely praised, running a 4.4 second 40-yard dash and doing 29 bench presses of 225 pound weight, tying for the most reps by any running back at the combine.[67] According to NFL analyst Ian Rapoport, the Cleveland Browns were "strongly considering" drafting Barkley first overall, which would have made him the first running back since Ki-Jana Carter in 1995 to be selected first overall

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

A spectacular insight nobody has ever considered and certainly worthy of a thread to provide the attention you desperately crave!

I think his point is that there was a sizable contingent on this board that slammed Daboll for never running the ball, and that there was some philosophical thing with him that prevented him from designing a running game.  Sort of like how Greg Roman is run happy and is pass averse.  There were rumors that McD was pissed at the lack of a running game and that he felt Daboll was one of the reasons why.  Clearly the data from this season shows he's flexible enough to modify his offense to emphasize the strengths of his players.

I'm not saying it warrants its own thread, but I don't think his point is as simple as the above.

Hello!!!!

I don't buy into "only a QB can win MVP" line of thinking.  Saquon Barkley is square in the thick of the MVP race.  

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills have been among the highest scoring teams in the NFL over the past 3 years and still people find things to complain about...

Realistically I don't think people would be happy if we had the entire all-pro team playing for us.

What have they won?

Edited by Chicken Boo

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I think his point is that there was a sizable contingent on this board that slammed Daboll for never running the ball, and that there was some philosophical thing with him that prevented him from designing a running game.  Sort of like how Greg Roman is run happy and is pass averse.  There were rumors that McD was pissed at the lack of a running game and that he felt Daboll was one of the reasons why.  Clearly the data from this season shows he's flexible enough to modify his offense to emphasize the strengths of his players.

I'm not saying it warrants its own thread, but I don't think his point is as simple as the above.

I don't think that's what he saying at all.  He's saying because the Giants have Barkley, that's why they can run and we can't.  A running game starts with the O-Line.  Period.  A great RB will still struggle behind a line that doesn't open holes or get any push.

Daboll knows what the strength of his team is and doesn't shy away from it and doesn't try to force their passing game into being something it's not.  Jones played an efficient game today and didn't throw any picks.  That's all that Daboll asks of them with their current talent.

It's pretty clear OP is on the Barkley to Buffalo train.  It ain't happening.

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

A spectacular insight nobody has ever considered and certainly worthy of a thread to provide the attention you're seeking!

2 hours ago, Simon said:

The Giants have 3 points and Barkley has 6 touches for 10 yards.

Well-timed observation. :thumbsup:

Now now, no need to get this fired up after dropping this gem lmao.

Giants won btw, in large part to Saquon Barkley.

Just now, 97bills said:

There 4-0 good for them

4-1, but still exceeding expectations by a mile.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Now now, no need to get this fired up after dropping this gem lmao.

Giants won btw, in large part to Saquon Barkley.

Once again acting like their O-Line doesn't exist and Barkley is creating everything on his own.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Let me ask you a question.

If you had Barkley and Jones as your two main offensive players, which player would YOU rather have with the ball in their hands?

Pretty sure if he has a QB like Allen the offense wouldn't be going through Barkley.

He is doing it out of necessity.

When will people understand the Bills simply pay lip service to the running game and then put the ball in Allen's hand?

You should change the title to "See what you do when you have a great RB and no QB?"

4-1 out of necessity?

Singletary is a problem.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.