Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Would Claypool be better than Shakir or McKenzie? 

I think he would and he would add size. 

If he wasn't a bone head I'd have some interest. I dunno that he's coachable if pitt is getting rid of him. They have an eye for talent and churn out receivers non stop as far bsck as I can remember.

Sucks because he brings a frame we don't currently have... I'd rather continue to develop Hodgins. Would love a big bodied high point guy for Josh in redzone

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Apparently Chase Claypool is available. Packers and Giants said to be interested. 
What's your take on him?  He's had some issues.
When he's on, very good player.  Would he be a fit here with Chad Hall and Diggs coaching him up?

Cant catch a cold except maybe in 2 games a season... talented but bad case of dropsies

• Like (+1) 1

Terrible technique as a route runner, which is the big problem, and why the Bills will never trade for him.  He's still out there every Sunday playing street football.  

He either doesn't take coaching well or the Steelers haven't tried.  I'm going to assume the former.  

• Like (+1) 1

Our offense is not easy to pick up for WRs, with all the option routes involved. A guy who's lazy or not a hard worker would never be proficient enough in it to get playing time.

This is why Giants 2021 1st rounder Kadarius Toney started the year 5th or 6th on the depth chart. He is an athletic freak, but so lazy that he can't master the playbook in Daboll's offense & constantly zigs when he was supposed to zag. They have David Sills ahead of him, of all people.

Claypool would probably have the same problem if he came to Buffalo.

Based on what I've heard and read about the dudes attitude it would seem he wouldn't be the greatest fit here. 

That's not to say they'd never take a chance on him. Part of their job is doing their homework on available players so I'm sure his name will come up in discussions at OBD. And at this point I'm sure they feel their locker room is strong enough to handle a guy who might not fit the process to a T. 

Chase Claypool has the ability to be a stud in the right situation.  

I don't know if he is a fit character wise for our locker room, nor do I expect we would even pursue him.  I don't see us needing to trade a draft asset for a WR.  

But Claypool in GB could be dangerous.  Rodgers will get him the ball, and with his speed and size, he could be very DK Metcalf like in that offense.  If he goes to the Giants, meh, Jones just isn't a great passer and I am sure Claypool would have a few big games just based on his size and speed, but I think he would be very inconsistent in that weak passing offense.  

Would I love to have his skill set on the roster and run the experiment of seeing how he does with our coaching, scheme, and players? Absolutely.

Do i have confidence that it would work out well enough to be worth the risk and the cost? Nope

I would have rather taken a flier on George Pickens just like the Steelers did, and who is apparently making Claypool expendable. 

So I'd pass... And not to him... (Couldn't help myself!)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.