Tre White to PUP list, out first 4 games

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills played their best football of the season to close out last year without Tre on the field…. They’ll be fine assuming the offense puts up points.

They did.  Playing against Mac Jones x3, Darnold, Zack Wilson, the offenseless falcons.  Then they couldn’t stop the same offense that they shut down earlier in the season with Tre….. to end the season. 

32 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Definitely saw this coming.  Timing sucks with Robinson and Kupp in week 1.  Weeks 2-4 don’t concern me as much

Tyreek on the outside in week 3 scares me about a bajillion times more than Allen Robinson

Edited by gobills404

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Tyreek on the outside in week 3 scares me about a bajillion times more than Allen Robinson

That one doesn’t as much. That’s what we drafted Elam for.  So long as he has safety help, he should be fine. 

Hill burned Levi, but not much else against others 

27 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Get ready for some "bend don't break" cover 2 zone vs the Rams next week. Lots of 6-12 yard catches and trying to take away the big plays. Going to be very frustrating to watch

That pretty much describes a lot of the Bills philosophy on defense anyway. That’s the case with or without White. There will be some differences but they’re not an attacking style defense. 

56 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

correct… against the Panthers (forgot who was playing QB), the Patriots (Mac), the Falcons (Matty Ice Statue), the Jets (ha!), and the Patsies again. 

Then we got to a good team, with a good QB and good WR’s…. And they put up 42 on us. 

Week 1 is Stafford, Kupp, and Robinson… 

Like I said, I hope my gut feel is wrong!

So do you feel we should have signed a veteran just because of the first game, or are you also concerned about games 2-4? 

While I do think the Rams are a different problem than the next 3-4 games I am not sure it was worth the cap dollars to get someone who would have wanted to start all year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

What an absolute disaster of an operation this FO did this offseason at the DB position.  Can't believe we are playing the first four games with 2 rookies and a 7th round young DB as our CBs.  

Yes, completely trash the guys doing the team building because they didn't sign "insert washed up veteran" and are going with what they see in front if them, and of course Tre back by week 5-8.

Why trust the only GM/HC that has brought a winner to WNY in some time.

Take it easy. 

• Like (+1) 2

We've known that this situation with White could linger into the season, instead of wasting money on a bum TE like O.J. Howard we could have re-signed Levi Wallace, he isn't perfect by any means but we're in a SB window with 2 rookie corners and Dane Jackson. There were plenty of options during the season to sign 1 or 2 in FA, even when Tre returns he's missed a ton of football and may need the season just to get back to football form let alone elite form. If Elam plays at an all pro level then awesome, we dodged a bullet there but if not it's going to be an issue for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Dane Jackson has looked great - and a 1st rounder should be able to start on day 1.

This is how depth gets built. You can have good players waiting in the wings - but they also need experience. Hopefully, this will serve the Bills better down the home stretch & in the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

What an absolute disaster of an operation this FO did this offseason at the DB position.  Can't believe we are playing the first four games with 2 rookies and a 7th round young DB as our CBs.  

Based on the little emoji buttons in the bottom right hand corner of this post, it looks like the current score is 22 people that disagree in some way or another, 1 person that agrees.

Safe to say that yours is a minority opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

We've known that this situation with White could linger into the season, instead of wasting money on a bum TE like O.J. Howard we could have re-signed Levi Wallace, he isn't perfect by any means but we're in a SB window with 2 rookie corners and Dane Jackson. There were plenty of options during the season to sign 1 or 2 in FA, even when Tre returns he's missed a ton of football and may need the season just to get back to football form let alone elite form. If Elam plays at an all pro level then awesome, we dodged a bullet there but if not it's going to be an issue for sure. 

Levi Wallace 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😵💫

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

The focus will be whether all the investment in the D Line can give the rooks a chance to grown and learn without getting murdered.

Bingo- I think this is what it comes down too all year , and if we win a ring 

25 minutes ago, Southern bills said:

So do you feel we should have signed a veteran just because of the first game, or are you also concerned about games 2-4? 

While I do think the Rams are a different problem than the next 3-4 games I am not sure it was worth the cap dollars to get someone who would have wanted to start all year. 

Yeah good question.. and definitely a reason why I’m not an NFL GM!  To answer your question, I’m definitely concerned about 2-4, and then beyond if Tre is out longer or not back to his health/game.  But my concern is more an uncertainty fear… we’re asking a ton out of some inexperienced players. Don’t know that there’s a great solution… just hope we can apply some massive pressure on D, and the offense puts up big points. Would love nothing more than to see these rookies shut it down on D though!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.