Tre White to PUP list, out first 4 games

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Definitely saw this coming.  Timing sucks with Robinson and Kupp in week 1.  Weeks 2-4 don’t concern me as much

Weeks 1 and 3 are most difficult of those 4 games. Weeks 2 and 4 we should be mostly fine. But again, I don’t worry as much about this staff’s ability to get the best out of its DBs. 

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Horror No GIF by Aardman Animations

Expected, but disappointing. Young cats will have to step up. If it’s one thing I don’t worry about with this team, it’s McD, Frazier, and Butler’s ability to coach up the DBs. I’d rather have Tre for the stretch run than game 1 (even with the tough start to the season). 

I’m a little less optimistic, and I hope my gut feel is wrong.  We saw how well our DB’s (without Tre) did in Kansas City.  We fared well against garbage QB’s and teams last season. I do believe that inflated the confidence that everyone had in our defense. This is not the case this season, and we’re playing against better QB’s and better teams.

If our D Line doesn’t generate some significant pressure (let’s go Von!), or our rookie CB’s don’t light it up for us, let’s just hope JA17 and the offense put up 40+ per game!

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

What an absolute disaster of an operation this FO did this offseason at the DB position.  Can't believe we are playing the first four games with 2 rookies and a 7th round young DB as our CBs.  

We forget about Taron Johnson all the time it seems. 

Bills have the best safety tandem, top 5 slot CB. They don’t put their boundary CBs on an island.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I keep hearing on WGR that people don’t think Elam is playing well (at least in relation to Benford). I don’t know what games they’ve been watching, but from what I’ve seen he’s been fine. I like his skill set and temperament at the position.  Of course, he’s a rookie and will be tested, but he’s only going to get better. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Bradberry and Gilmore were both FAs.

Brad berry and Gilmore were outside the constraints of our cap.  So, what’s next

1 minute ago, Forlorn hope said:

Bye week is after the 5th game 

No, bye week is after the KC game

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills played their best football of the season to close out last year without Tre on the field…. They’ll be fine assuming the offense puts up points.

correct… against the Panthers (forgot who was playing QB), the Patriots (Mac), the Falcons (Matty Ice Statue), the Jets (ha!), and the Patsies again. 

Then we got to a good team, with a good QB and good WR’s…. And they put up 42 on us. 

Week 1 is Stafford, Kupp, and Robinson… 

Like I said, I hope my gut feel is wrong!

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I keep hearing on WGR that people don’t think Elam is playing well (at least in relation to Benford). I don’t know what games they’ve been watching, but from what I’ve seen he’s been fine. I like his skill set and temperament at the position.  Of course, he’s a rookie and will be tested, but he’s only going to get better. 

Elam has been awesome in man. Which is what they drafted him for. Obviously from time to time he'll play zone. That's the area he's still  learning 

Edited by Forlorn hope
  • Like (+1) 1

4 weeks will not make or break season. Will allow us to get the other corners more reps and help with their development. I rather be safe than sorry with Tre and have him ease back into football activities.

I think our rush defense will be much stronger this year. I don't see teams running ball down our throats which will allow everyone else to focus on pass coverage and if we can generate sufficient pressure with the front four our secondary should be fine.

Edited by billieve420

10 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Isn't our bye week 7?

I think his return date might be affected by how the young CB's play. If they are playing well, and we are winning games, they will bring Tre back as slowly as needed.  

They won’t bring White back until he’s ready physically. They need him for the stretch run and playoffs. Besides, this team doesn’t rush players back from major injuries. 

• Like (+1) 2

I have mixed feelings on this. I guess I would like to see an experienced CB in there while Tre recovers. On the other hand we drafted Elam to be a starter, so let him get his baptism by fire early. Also not like we play strictly mam to man, and we know how good our safety tandem is. But I think it will cause some problems no doubt. Unless Von transforms the pass rush, we might need 35 points the first couple of games. And of course we know they are capable of that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.