Tre White to PUP list, out first 4 games

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Bradberry and Gilmore were both FAs.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic..  Unfortunately not.

He will not be able to practice with the team until after the first 4 weeks.  This likely means 6 weeks or more before we see him in a game.  This is not ideal, but survivable.  The priority should be, and seems to be, to make sure he is fully healthy before putting him out there.

51 minutes ago, Southern bills said:

So do you feel we should have signed a veteran just because of the first game, or are you also concerned about games 2-4? 

While I do think the Rams are a different problem than the next 3-4 games I am not sure it was worth the cap dollars to get someone who would have wanted to start all year. 

First off welcome to the board Southern bills!

Good post.  After the Rams its, Tannehill, Tua and Jackson.  Not exactly 3 QBs putting a ton of pressure on CBs.

2 hours ago, marck said:

The answer was to draft a CB in the first round, then we got a bonus by getting Benford in the 6th, so it may not be the best situation buts it’s manageable

Well said Marck.  They couldn’t know the final on Tre as they had to see the progress.  The Rams are the team to worry about, but that’s over.  We picked two guys in the draft, so what does someone want?

If we play man the first week, Elam will be fine.  Dane did fine from thanksgiving through the playoffs:  Elam is certainly better even as a rookie than Wallace.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Get ready for some "bend don't break" cover 2 zone vs the Rams next week. Lots of 6-12 yard catches and trying to take away the big plays. Going to be very frustrating to watch

Then don't watch. Hate to see you get frustrated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

What an absolute disaster of an operation this FO did this offseason at the DB position.  Can't believe we are playing the first four games with 2 rookies and a 7th round young DB as our CBs.  

Taron will play one side, Elam on the other. It will be ok. 

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

What an absolute disaster of an operation this FO did this offseason at the DB position.  Can't believe we are playing the first four games with 2 rookies and a 7th round young DB as our CBs.  

This is an interesting take. They clearly understood the risk and seems to me upgraded the pass rush and drafted two CBs to compensate.

I would hardly term it a disaster of an operation…but feel free to indulge in histrionics if it makes you feel good.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Yes, do you have an actual comment about it because I don't speak emoji.

He was starting most of the year he was let go because he wasn’t that good, his coverage in the KC debacle was a big reason why we lost. They wanted to move on to get a better athlete and upgrade the position. Bringing him back would not have upgraded the position, it left us with the same problem. Can you understand that? 

3 hours ago, Forlorn hope said:

Tre white won't be back until after the bye week after week 5 imho. 

Ike boettger probably back a little after mid season 

To be honest, I think it’s unlikely that White will be back anywhere close to 100% at any point this season. He may play, but I doubt he will be fully confident in his knee and that’s not even factoring in the rust. I think next season is more likely before we see the old Tre White.

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes let's all just love every move the team makes. Don't have your own thoughts on the situation. Just be a robot 🤖

The Bills defense has been built by trying to take away the big play for the last 5 years. Have you even bothered to notice what I assume you have been watching?

You are posting like that is some shocking relevation. Have you been frustrated watching them for the past 5 seasons?

29 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He was starting most of the year he was let go because he wasn’t that good, his coverage in the KC debacle was a big reason why we lost. They wanted to move on to get a better athlete and upgrade the position. Bringing him back would not have upgraded the position, it left us with the same problem. Can you understand that? 

No I don't understand that, he wasn't let go he was signed by the Steelers as a free agent. He wasn't the only defensive back to have a terrible game, both our all pro safeties got lit up also. I prefer a guy who has been there and done that, having 2 rookies trying to learn the ropes in a SB window is just irresponsible. Again if both the rookies play like all pro's then they dodged a bullet but if they don't we may be scrambling to find some help. I don't hate the Bills or the coaching staff and I'm not saying we'll lose every game because of it but it seems we've neglected to add veterans back there for some odd reason.

• Vomit 2

A few thoughts...

Tre day should only return when he's ready, full stop.

Levi Wallace was simply JAG that has largely benefitted from our system and coaches that get the most out of DB's. Those wishing we kept him and payed a premium for mediocre play when we can get similar from a guy like Benford that we drafted even higher than Wallace aren't being very logical.

We drafted Elam who based on his college play and physical talent should do as good, if not a better job. This is how McD and the organization operates when it comes to defensive backs. They will draft and coach up at a position they feel is their strength. A first round investment and a promising sixth rounder shows they dedicated resources to help strengthen that area of need.

They also invested heavily on the D line so that hopefully they take pressure off of the linebackers and secondary by generating more pressures, hurries, and sacks.

We also have probably the best safety tandem helping our corners behind them, and one of the better slot corners in Taron Johnson. 

This isn't the major concern some are making it to be. Tre will be a great piece to add to an already great defense

Once he's ready.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.