“Predict the 2022 Season” - Madden 23 Edition

RiotAct

44 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/08/23/yahoo-sports-simulates-2022-nfl-season-using-madden-nfl-23?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

“…the simulation’s predicted division winners were the Jets, Browns, Colts, Chiefs, Cowboys, Packers, Buccaneers and Cardinals.”

Discuss

what the Kentucky fried *****.

• Haha (+1) 2

Surprisingly, the Matt Ryan-led Colts posted the league’s best record, going a remarkable 16–1 in the regular season. Indianapolis was followed by Kansas City (13–4) and Dallas (12–5).

The Chiefs ended up being the AFC representative in the simulated Super Bowl LVII, but found themselves playing a surprise opponent in the Saints. New Orleans then pulled the upset, downing Kansas City 34–14 to claim the franchise’s second Super Bowl title.

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

even then in that hypothetical scenario, I’m not sure they win the AFCE.

I’ve had every itineration of Madden ever

This is one of the craziest madden simulations I’ve ever heard… Literally it would take Massive season-ending injur to Allen and the offense and defense , not to mention other afc east teams 

I simmer the season in madden yesterday… And the Jets were at the bottom

21 hours ago, Beast said:

What is amazing is that a national publication would produce a garbage article about a make believe video game.

This has been going on for years & isn't really anything new when it comes to simulation & sports.

Not much different from all those "AI" or special computer sims ESPN has been doing forever (matched against their human picks).

Reading into the results, that sim was completely awful though & shows just how awful Madden is at accurate, simulation football... Here are some of the best excerpts:

*"Prescott had arguably the greatest regular season of any quarterback in NFL history in the sim, finishing with 5,649 yards, 57 touchdowns and completing 72% of his passes..."

*"Cooper Kupp won Offensive Player of the Year after setting the single-season record for receiving yards with 2,114 (600 yards more than the simulation’s second-highest receiver, Robert Woods)..."

*"Raiders pass rusher Maxx Crosby broke Michael Strahan and T.J. Watt’s sack record with 24.5 to win Defensive Player of the Year..."

*"Mac Jones — 4,820 yards, 29 TDs, 70% completion percentage"

*"Saints defeated the Chiefs, 34-14 to win the franchise’s second Super Bowl title..."

------------------------------------

So Dak breaks both of Manning's single season passing records, Robert Woods is the league's 2nd leading receiver, Maxx Crosby blows past the sack record that was JUST matched last season, & Mac Jones throws for damn near 5,000 yards...

Oh, and the Saints win the Super Bowl... with Jameis Winston?! Please NFL, stop renewing your exclusive license with EA! 🤣

Edited by BigDingus

22 hours ago, RiotAct said:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/08/23/yahoo-sports-simulates-2022-nfl-season-using-madden-nfl-23?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

“…the simulation’s predicted division winners were the Jets, Browns, Colts, Chiefs, Cowboys, Packers, Buccaneers and Cardinals.”

Discuss

Oh I see, they accidentally downloaded madden  08?

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

So Dak breaks both of Manning's single season passing records, Robert Woods is the league's 2nd leading receiver (on the same team as the league's #1 leading receiver), Maxx Crosby blows past the sack record that was JUST matched last season, & Mac Jones throws for damn near 5,000 yards...

Oh, and the Saints win the Super Bowl... with Jameis Winston?! Please NFL, stop renewing your exclusive license with EA! 🤣

All of your points and the overarching theme of your post are right on....

But I wanted to point out that Robert Woods is no longer on the same team as Cooper Kupp.

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Reading into the results, that sim was completely awful though & shows just how awful Madden is at accurate, simulation football... Here are some of the best excerpts:

*"Prescott had arguably the greatest regular season of any quarterback in NFL history in the sim, finishing with 5,649 yards, 57 touchdowns and completing 72% of his passes..."

*"Cooper Kupp won Offensive Player of the Year after setting the single-season record for receiving yards with 2,114 (600 yards more than the simulation’s second-highest receiver, Robert Woods)..."

*"Raiders pass rusher Maxx Crosby broke Michael Strahan and T.J. Watt’s sack record with 24.5 to win Defensive Player of the Year..."

*"Mac Jones — 4,820 yards, 29 TDs, 70% completion percentage"

*"Saints defeated the Chiefs, 34-14 to win the franchise’s second Super Bowl title..."

------------------------------------

So Dak breaks both of Manning's single season passing records, Robert Woods is the league's 2nd leading receiver (on the same team as the league's #1 leading receiver), Maxx Crosby blows past the sack record that was JUST matched last season, & Mac Jones throws for damn near 5,000 yards...

I believe it with dak. They play from behind so much that he's basically throwing to the qb nets they use in practice because they coverage is so soft. 

Edited by The Wiz

On 8/23/2022 at 7:38 PM, RiotAct said:

Discuss

Yea that sounds like Madden

3 hours ago, Logic said:

All of your points and the overarching theme of your post are right on....

But I wanted to point out that Robert Woods is no longer on the same team as Cooper Kupp.

Damn, I didn't even remember that! 

Oops! Thanks for the heads up 😆

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.