Capitol One The Match (Allen Tattoo)

The best line was from Barkley after tee shots were continually sliced and hitting the viewers in the gallery.

Paraphrasing:

The people watching can stay safe from stray shots if they stand in the middle of the fairway. 

• Haha (+1) 6

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

Didn’t hear much of the trash talk but the “was I THAT old?” dig in the very beginning made me chuckle.

Josh looks to be a pretty decent golfer…you can tell when he’s in his head tho and body language and follow through show it. Will be interesting to see the whole thing.

It's too bad JA got off to an iffy start.  I think he started worrying more about his game than having fun and trash talking.  Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes seem more Alpha off the field...To me, it looked like Josh was trying to fit in and not embarrass himself.  

At one point towards the end, Rodgers made a little comment to Brady..."we don't need to worry about talking to Josh, he's in his own head".

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yep. Twice on my birthday. Was at a course on Sheridan drive. They gave me a bunch of arcade tokens and maybe a slice of pizza. 

I had one on a Par 3, 95 yard hole. My claim to fame though is a Double Eagle on a 540 Par 5 at Whirpool in Niagara Falls, Ontario. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yep. Twice on my birthday. Was at a course on Sheridan drive. They gave me a bunch of arcade tokens and maybe a slice of pizza. 

I can usually get one or two in the beginning at the course near my house.  But then they start making the holes more difficult, adding in bumpers and rocks in the middle of the fairway.  Plus that damn windmill.  Even if you get it through the blades, the pipe on the other side does not drop your ball right in the hole, just close enough to frustrate you.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

Has anyone here ever gotten a hole in 1? 

Yep. Didn’t get to celebrate from the tee because the angle made it look like it went in the front bunker. Hmm, not there. Behind the green? Can’t find it. Better go back and drop one. Oh hey, what’s this in the hole?

The best part was my buddy stiffed it to 2 feet and figured he had the dogmeat and the skins locked up.

Edit: vital stats - 195 yards, 7 iron (there was help wind)

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

It's too bad JA got off to an iffy start.  I think he started worrying more about his game than having fun and trash talking.  Brady, Rodgers and Mahomes seem more Alpha off the field...To me, it looked like Josh was trying to fit in and not embarrass himself.  

At one point towards the end, Rodgers made a little comment to Brady..."we don't need to worry about talking to Josh, he's in his own head".

I think by and large Josh is just a very humble guy, from humble beginnings, who takes nothing for granted.  I think he was nervous throughout the match and actually started playing better as the match went on.  He's not used to being on the big stage, except on the football field.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, TheNorwoodStrangler said:

We'll I didn't get the autograph but on 2nd hole I yelled "I love you Josh Allen" and to top of the s*** talking on the tee at #7 as soon as Brady hit his ball I yelled "Vinatieri made you" hahaha They both were loud on TV..

Haha. I definitely heard the “I love you Josh Allen”. I did see Brady respond to someone in the crowd once, with something like, “well that wasn’t very nice”, so that may have been to you. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, TheNorwoodStrangler said:

We'll I didn't get the autograph but on 2nd hole I yelled "I love you Josh Allen" and to top of the s*** talking on the tee at #7 as soon as Brady hit his ball I yelled "Vinatieri made you" hahaha They both were loud on TV..

That was you? 😂

yeah the “I love you Josh Allen” was definitely loud! I’d have to go back and watch to see if I can hear the vinatieri comment.

Edited by BillsFan4

11 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Josh might look “ chunky” compared to Brady but while sitting at the post match interview, you see his pecs and overall frame are just much larger than the other the qbs , and I’m pretty sure after seeing Dawkins comments about Josh hitting the off-season weight training, that’s prob just more muscle mass than!   That’s how he runs thru  LBs and cbs, and is something Brady has no idea about because he has never trucked anyone in his career; same thing with Rodgers as he avoids contact and whines for flags if a LB “ breeze”knocks  him over like JJ Watt was talking about ! ( Watt was a good commentator and would be better than Brady I bet ,,,also they should get Barkley on one of the week play game crews; he may not know football but he is a pro athlete and he is funny as hell !  Now that would help ratings !  The NFL needs someone who is irreverent like Chuck on a crew !) 

The post interview was pretty good tv. Earnie is a class guy, great interviewer!   Well , hopefully this added loss will fuel Josh to be better than all of them when / if they meet this coming year. Would rather he have the last say on the football field than get “ The Match “ bracelet !  He def wasn’t on his golf game but hey, he has just arrived from OTA’s , so that’s not too surprising. So hopefully he will be fired up when he is back in his element where he can actually dominate, and pay these guys back for today as Josh was very humble throughout the whole day. ( Josh is very respectful , burns no bridges off the field!  I would have given Brady some crap,,,he looks like he has had  cheek implants to combat the aging effects where that area of our face sags with time. His lateral cheek bones were really prominent and I bet he has started with an early lift as well because his eye folds look narrowed or lifted toward the temples.  Would love to see a plastic surgeon compare his face over time as it looked like a very obvious change to me ; check out cheek implants on YouTube with a plastic surgeon and see what you think. I think with his wife being a model, the new TV contract looming , he is getting ready for Hollywood!  That culture is crazy and the antithesis of “ football” culture, and Tommy may be gradually being headed that way 😉😀. Have to admit I loved Rodgers comment asking Brady , “ Have you ever gotten paid so much for giving back !?  Lol!  Classic line! ).

Josh is physically on a different level than these guys and I hope it finally pays off for him. 

Brady threw the baby fat joke at Josh several times including on the first tee.

One thing I wondered about is they hardly even interviewed Josh or Rodgers.

They had lengthy interviews with Brady and Mahomes even from their carts while driving.  They never did that with Josh.

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen is unlikely to ever be invited back to that thing.

Fine by me.

I didnt enjoy it at all.  The good natured ribbing got old and stale, most comments weren't even close to funny.

All I did learn is Brady either can't putt or cant read a green with a darn.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

I thought he "Pat is in his head", because he was carrying the team. 

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

Yep. Didn’t get to celebrate from the tee because the angle made it look like it went in the front bunker. Hmm, not there. Behind the green? Can’t find it. Better go back and drop one. Oh hey, what’s this in the hole?

The best part was my buddy stiffed it to 2 feet and figured he had the dogmeat and the skins locked up.

Edit: vital stats - 195 yards, 7 iron (there was help wind)

Good stuff. What course? All those times when you can't find your ball and your buddy tells you to the check hole. This gives me hope that one day it might actually be in the hole lol. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.