2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

2 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Hunter + picks or Chandler Jones for no picks? Hunter is still in his prime but we’ve seen defensive ends still play well at age 30+.

Yeah….I’ll go with the lower risk situation.  I love a healthy hunter…but giving up a 1st and having to pay and extend him to a massive contract is scary. He’s gonna want 25-30M aav long term. 😳  I’d rather rent jones for 1-2 years.  Hunter is superior at this point, I’d rather keep the pick and draft a potential cornerstone player and adding a proven potential HoF pass rusher.  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Hunter + picks or Chandler Jones for no picks? Hunter is still in his prime but we’ve seen defensive ends still play well at age 30+.

Hmm, I'd take the 27-year-old, personally. But I'd take either one. We need an elite pass rusher.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah….I’ll go with the lower risk situation.  I love a healthy hunter…but giving up a 1st and having to pay and extend him to a massive contract is scary. He’s gonna want 25-30M aav long term. 😳  I’d rather rent jones for 1-2 years.  Hunter is superior at this point, I’d rather keep the pick and draft a potential cornerstone player and adding a proven potential HoF pass rusher.  

Put me in this camp, as well. Gimme the savvy Jones and a speed WR at #25 (got the rosary out for Jameson Wiliams).

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree with the sentiment, but no one is giving up a first for Danielle Hunter. That's been the case for a few years now, and especially not now with the Vikings looking at likely having to cut him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree. If somehow Hunter could be had for the Bills 2nd that’s another story, but Minny will surely want a 1st. Jones is a great fit for the defense. 

18 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Ok... so 3rd string?

Yea but Poyer is also 30+ so this young kids contract has nothing to do with him.

Well that isn't the way the NFL has  ever worked...but OK...

Poyer will be paid based on his performance compared to his peers. If he plays like one of the best safeties in the league again, he will be paid in the same range as one of the best safeties in the league. Maybe he doesn't get 5 years, he gets 2 or 3. Maybe a couple bucks get taken off. 

But to say another safety getting paid doesn't have anything to do with our safety getting paid is absurd. 

Just now, Mango said:

Well that isn't the way the NFL has  ever worked...but OK...

Poyer will be paid based on his performance compared to his peers. If he plays like one of the best safeties in the league again, he will be paid in the same range as one of the best safeties in the league. Maybe he doesn't get 5 years, he gets 2 or 3. Maybe a couple bucks get taken off. 

But to say another safety getting paid doesn't have anything to do with our safety getting paid is absurd. 

It actually is exactly how the NFL works. It's why the old guys don't get paid as much.

Edited by TBBills

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

How many have been signed? 

DEs:

• Chandler Jones
  • Von Miller
  • Randy Gregory - Denver Broncos
  • Haason Reddick - Carolina Panthers
  • Emmanuel Ogbah - Miami Dolphins
  • Jadaveon Clowney 
  • Derek Barnett
  • Melvin Ingram
  • Uchenna Nwosu
  • Jerry Hughes
  • Arden Key

I'm not sure if "dwindling" is the right word just yet

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Per some reporter for the Miami Dolphins via NFL Network, Bills expressed interest in Miami DE Ogbah per Ogbah himself. Looks like we’re still in the market for a veteran DE.

Yes Ogbah said after re-signing he was talking with the Bills 

My biggest couple interesting nuggets in this UFA period so far.

1.  Players that have been rumored to Bills have not signed here, instead the players that no one had rumored to them have.

2.  We have now went to the Commanders twice for players, I think this has to do with McD and Beane knowing how Ron coaches players and are comfortable tapping into that coaching trunk of McD.  This might also be good news for those that want Fitz back on this team 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, junior said:

I can understand Gregory saying F off and signing with Denver then. Scummy move

Well Gregory has been suspended for drug issues like 5 times or something............he is talented but he is a very high risk player...........surprised Denver prioritized him that high, considering.     Don't often see guys like that end up with good careers.   

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well Gregory has been suspended for drug issues like 5 times or something............he is talented but he is a very high risk player...........surprised Denver prioritized him that high, considering.     Don't often see guys like that end up with good careers.   

Agreed on any team being hesitant to sign him due to his drug issues. I just meant agreeing to terms, then changing them at the last second (presumably to pull a fast one) isn't the BEST tactic.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Agreed. He's a walking conundrum. I'm honestly surprised that his career never imploded. Good on him for making it work. He would have me on pins and needles, if he were on the Bills, but there is no denying the talent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I’m sure that Jerry Jones also made that part of his sales pitch. “ We stuck with you through your drug suspensions, now it’s time to pay us back with a little bit of a discount here.”

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.