2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

Just now, Realist said:

Not to mention he also may not want to go to an AFC team looking how loaded the conference is with top QB's. NFC has Rodgers, Brady, maybe Stafford, after that there is not many top QB's in the NFC.

Yep. McClain mentioned that, as well, with the path to the Super Bowl being much 'cleaner' via the NFC.

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

If true that's incredible dumb on the Texans part. 

Are they serious about trading him or not? 

I can't imagine those offers being true. If they were then you are right the Texans would be incredibly dumb.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Offers only go down from there as the offseason rolls on. 

Watson has a no trade clause and apparently it is him saying no to the Jets and Browns…Not the Texans 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Watson has a no trade clause and apparently it is him saying no to the Jets and Browns…Not the Texans 

If true I wonder why he would say no to the Browns. The Jets I can understand but the Browns aren't a bad team.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

If true I wonder why he would say no to the Browns. The Jets I can understand but the Browns aren't a bad team.

He wants to play in the South and wants to be in the NFC (easier path to SB).  If you are a QB.  Do you want to be in AFC with, Allen, Mahommes, Borrow, Wilson and Herbert.  or NFC with Rodgers and Brady

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Evidently Albright is saying the Texans didnt say No.  Watson said No as part of his no trade clause.

Albright also said it wasnt the Texans that said No it was Watson (no trade clause)

There is debate here.  Albright is saying Watson is the one that killed it

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Offers only go down from there as the offseason rolls on. 

The Panthers have been the most connected team to the Watson situation. Gotta imagine Texans know what their offer is and it's probably more than those.

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

The Panthers have been the most connected team to the Watson situation. Gotta imagine Texans know what their offer is and it's probably more than those.

Personally I would rather see Watson on the Panthers or Saints. 

Make the road just a little tougher for Brady and the AFC has enough top QBs already!

7 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Don't know if this was already posted upthread but, if so, I missed it and apologize for the duplication.

Joe Noteboom back to the Rams. Noteworthy because he was an Aaron Kromer guy.

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-re-signing-ot-joe-noteboom-to-three-year-deal-worth-up-to-47-5m

Joe Marino thought Noteboom might sign for $3M aav.........he got $13M+ aav and $25M of that guaranteed. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.