2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I wonder why you left off his TDs in those stats you parroted.

The same reason I didn't mention that Clay put up those numbers with mediocre passer Tyrod Taylor as his QB.

Context.

Allen is cash money in the red zone..........he is the rising tide that raises all ships inside the 20.

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Whose the second?  The 32 year old DE with injury issues that hasn’t had a double digit sack season since 2018?  

Names do not equal “top defensive player”.   Is JJ Watt a “top defensive player” still too?  Because he’s a free agent and was once the best defensive player in the league.  

Chargers whole defense was bad, all 3 levels, so one top 5 corner and an oft injured 32 year old DE isn’t going to turn them into the 85 Bears.  

And this is a team that didn’t make the playoffs last year after losing to the weak Raiders to get in.  Now they have to contend with Wilson and the Broncos too on top of Mahomes and the Chiefs.  

Odds are they won’t even win their division still.  

I agree and the organization basically saying we have to win right now without even making the playoffs yet with Herbert puts a lot of pressure on the coaches and players.  A few injuries here (its the Chargers) and a bad loss or 2 things could spiral.  

They're a playoff team no doubt.  But they haven't won anything so I can't put them in the top 3 of the AFC right now maybe top 5 but I'd rank the AFC:

Buffalo

KC

Cincinnati 

Baltimore 

Titans/Denver/Chargers 

Edited by Big Blitz

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

I like him and I like the kid from Iowa St., Kolar, as well. Kolar can flex out and play in line too. The kid from Virginia is intriguing as well with off the charts athleticism, Jelani Woods. 

I REALLY want Jelani Woods. May need to trade up into the 3rd, using some of our late-rounders, to nab him, though. He seems to slot between our 2nd and 3rd picks, in a LOT of the mocks I've run. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol…..all I said was that you cried.  

The remark wasn’t even about you.  It was a general blanket statement.  I know nothing about your thoughts regarding edmunds.  I saw your comment as a little annoying fly, I didn’t even know who I was quoting. Sorry you get so upset

Word.  ✌️ Glad we never got to know ya. Might have been a nice rac/field stretcher but I’m glad we won’t get to see him try and catch 17s lasers

Lol

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Oooo god NOOOOOOO

One of the ONLY chances I would not watch Bills football next year is if it involved me seeing cam Newton bounce passes 5 yards in front of a wide open Diggs. Or had to see him slam into Saffolds back on goal line runs 3 times in a row. Beane is surely just driving up the price tag for his buddy Schoen or something. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

No but they keep getting comp picks for being cheap

You don't believe they just added two top defensive players this offseason?

I'm not worried about the Bills on that side of the ball.

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Chargers are winning the offseason and that defence has play makers on all levels,  Bills have few if any players on defence  AFC is going to real tough to make it to Super Bowl.  Those 13 secs are starting to get me pissed off again

Looks like they're vying to hijack the Browns 2021 off season hype train! 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

with the Money Ogbah got obviously the bills were going to go to some point so look at some money being spent somewhere. 

I've never cared that much for Ogbah.........he's not the 1-on-1 pass rusher that Chandler Jones is.

They may not get Jones.......but they likely dodged a bullet if they were thinking about paying Ogbah near that much.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He was my #1 hope for backup here. But it makes sense for him. Like you said, Tua's proven he's made of glass - so you've got a good shot to at least play some games.

I’m still hoping for Ryan Fitzpatrick 😂 (seriously though, I am)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've never cared that much for Ogbah.........he's not the 1-on-1 pass rusher that Chandler Jones is.

They may not get Jones.......but they likely dodged a bullet if they were thinking about paying Ogbah near that much.

I don’t like him much either. But shows that they are willing to go into those top tier rushers money level this offseason even after drafting 2 and being cap strapped. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I don’t like him much either. But shows that they are willing to go into those top tier rushers money level this offseason even after drafting 2 and being cap strapped. 

Jones, Clowney, Z. Smith, get one of them

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.