2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Show me where I said him being worth any contract value 13M, 100M, 1M  or otherwise.  What I said was:

1.  The decision on Edmunds 5th year had to be made last year.  Is that true?

2. The Bills had no true insight or control over Jones 2022 FA status a year ago.  Is that true?

3.  Based on the above, any lack of money available to sign Jones has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Edmunds other than people’s seeming desire to blame everything under the sun on Edmunds.  

Your statement about the Bills inability to sign Jones due to Edmunds is completely absurd, no matter what you think about the ability of either player.  There is no connection whatsoever.  You might as well equate it to rising gas prices.  It is simply dumb.  I pointed that out and you brought up whether or not he is worth 13M…..which is an entirely separate discussion as to whether we can afford Jones.  Maybe you should work on your own processing speed before ragging on Edmunds’.

Lol…..all I said was that you cried.  

The remark wasn’t even about you.  It was a general blanket statement.  I know nothing about your thoughts regarding edmunds.  I saw your comment as a little annoying fly, I didn’t even know who I was quoting. Sorry you get so upset

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

hard pass at engram at 9 mill guaranteed 

Word.  ✌️ Glad we never got to know ya. Might have been a nice rac/field stretcher but I’m glad we won’t get to see him try and catch 17s lasers

• Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

No but they keep getting comp picks for being cheap

You don't believe they just added two top defensive players this offseason?

Whose the second?  The 32 year old DE with injury issues that hasn’t had a double digit sack season since 2018?  

Names do not equal “top defensive player”.   Is JJ Watt a “top defensive player” still too?  Because he’s a free agent and was once the best defensive player in the league.  

Chargers whole defense was bad, all 3 levels, so one top 5 corner and an oft injured 32 year old DE isn’t going to turn them into the 85 Bears.  

And this is a team that didn’t make the playoffs last year after losing to the weak Raiders to get in.  Now they have to contend with Wilson and the Broncos too on top of Mahomes and the Chiefs.  

Odds are they won’t even win their division still.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mikie's Bills said:

I'm struggling to think of any big time FA the Jags have signed over the last decade that didn't turn out to be a huge disappointment (Calais Campbell aside).

It's a 1 year vacation destination where players go for the weather and guaranteed money and then stop caring about football. 

I am not sure Engram can catch Josh Allen's fastballs anyway

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

Pretty much ready to nuke NE and Jacksonville😠

The Browns kinda started it a couple years ago throwing the $$$ at Hooper. Now they're about to throw big $$$ at Njoku as well. 

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Meh, not worth the $$$ from us. We need to worry about paying Knox, draft a #2 TE, and sign comp for Sweeney in FA. 

I wonder if the Bills would draft Jeremy Ruckert … hybrid TE/WR who can block. Thought they might go for a vet but it’s an option 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe they believe it is cheaper to have 2 for which neither will get a back breaker contract than one which cannot get you Superbowl win but costs $40 million a year.

The big question is: Do they bother to put an OL in front of them this year?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if the Bills would draft Jeremy Ruckert … hybrid TE/WR who can block. Thought they might go for a vet but it’s an option 

I like him and I like the kid from Iowa St., Kolar, as well. Kolar can flex out and play in line too. The kid from Virginia is intriguing as well with off the charts athleticism, Jelani Woods. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Knox is going to cost a fortune. 

Then they should draft and develop a replacement.........the guy put up 49 catches for 587 yards receiving last season.........that's almost exactly what Charles Clay produced in each of his first 3 seasons with the Bills.     Nice players but not irreplaceable. 

24 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If the talk is that the pats locker room is too up tight still like previous seasons, the way judon is interacting on twitter is actually a really good recruiting tactic because its making it out to be more laid back and player friendly 

Well just as long as he doesn't make them sound desperate.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Then they should draft and develop a replacement.........the guy put up 49 catches for 587 yards receiving last season.........that's almost exactly what Charles Clay produced in each of his first 3 seasons with the Bills.     Nice players but not irreplaceable. 

I wonder why you left off his TDs in those stats you parroted.

8 minutes ago, Thurman_34 said:

So every player rumored to Buffalo so far has signed elsewhere. This was expected with the Cap and teams overpaying. 

So every player rumored by reputable places, or every player mentioned at some point in one of these threads??

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

I like him and I like the kid from Iowa St., Kolar, as well. Kolar can flex out and play in line too. The kid from Virginia is intriguing as well with off the charts athleticism, Jelani Woods. 

Woods is so tempting.

whoever we get as TE2….if they can’t block a lick, I’ll be pissed.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.