Haack restructures contract

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they want to draft a punter. You can’t go into the draft with with nobody on the roster and people knowing you need a guy, so keeping Haack on the roster feels like a safety net and a bit of a smokescreen. Its a pay cut, essentially. 

Plus, injuries do happen in camp or the regular season. He might not be a bad add midseason….

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

People on here tell me we have a top 5 NFL roster, how can that be true if we have a punter that’s ranking last in some punting metrics? 

It’s true. A bad punter who can be replaced ruins the whole roster, and makes Josh Allen and diggs useless. It is actually grounds for firing McDermott, Beane, Frazier, and the Pegulas should sell the team because of it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Typically with other players when they did this last year they also guaranteed the contract in exchange for him accepting less money. 

If this is the case, there is no way he is getting cut.

I don't think this is relevant. It is such a small guarantee, they will cut him eventually imo. He is the fall back plan in case they can't get their guy imo. 

1 hour ago, MWK said:

He is the worst punter in the league. Why would we ever keep him? I hope we bring in some legit competition so we don’t have to deal with this idiot for another year.

After the crying in the Kumerow thread, I am reaching the conclusion that's an acronym for

More Whiny Kvetching.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they want to draft a punter. You can’t go into the draft with with nobody on the roster and people knowing you need a guy, so keeping Haack on the roster feels like a safety net and a bit of a smokescreen. Its a pay cut, essentially. 

OK, I'm going to pretend that I didn't read this so that I can scream and howl and be angry some more.

6 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Whhyyy??? Why are we banging our head against the wall continuously & expecting different results. 

Because we are doing many many things differently than we did last year?

Oh, wait, I forgot I was going to pretend!!!

YEAH!!! SCREAM!!! YELL!!! HOWL!!!!

From what I understand, now none of his money is guaranteed. Oh, wait, I did it again!!!

HOWL!!! BLAME!!!! MOAN!!!!

Edited by Thurman#1

40 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't think this is relevant. It is such a small guarantee, they will cut him eventually imo. He is the fall back plan in case they can't get their guy imo. 

The update is the guarantee in the contract was eliminated. Also $1 million when the team is currently over the cap and need every dollar they can save is NOT a small guarantee.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.