Haack restructures contract

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Typically with other players when they did this last year they also guaranteed the contract in exchange for him accepting less money. 

If this is the case, there is no way he is getting cut.

I was wondering if there were any guarantees written into this.  $1.035M is the vet minimum for 4-6 accrued seasons.  If I had to guess - and it’s just a guess - is that no more than $100k is guaranteed.  And guarantees could be as low as nothing.  The team is just bringing him in to compete at a reduced salary. 

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I wonder if it voided the upcoming roster bonus. 

if not he will be about $1M in dead money to cut. Which isn’t horrible or anything; just noting it.

His salary can’t be lower than $1.035M.  The roster bonus had to be reduced to $100k or less.

46 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

People on here tell me we have a top 5 NFL roster, how can that be true if we have a punter that’s ranking last in some punting metrics? 

Imagine if we actually had to punt a lot. Really makes you think.

They literally went two straight games without punting. that’s because of the roster. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, MWK said:

He is the worst punter in the league. Why would we ever keep him? I hope we bring in some legit competition so we don’t have to deal with this idiot for another year.

Safety net.  They’ll bring in another punter.  Teams always do.

Hopefully this doesn’t stop us from bringing in another punter. I would have just cut him all together halfway through last season but this better not keep us from trying to get better at the position. Bring in a guy for a camp

battle at least. People laugh at punters being important but they matter. The ones who are very good can really help you and the ones who are terrible can really hurt you. We know what this guy is unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well we do have a 2nd round guard that rides the pine a lot. Really makes you think what this team would be without Allen carrying it. 

Probably say the same thing in KC about Mahomes

I mean on one hand he barely had a chance to punt outside of a couple games but on the other when he did punt he was the worst punter I've ever watched in my life on any team in the nfl, every time he punted I was waiting for another shank.............

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.