Haack restructures contract

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

After the crying in the Kumerow thread, I am reaching the conclusion that's an acronym for

More Whiny Kvetching.

sorry that I question our almighty front office. I didn’t know criticism was banned here.

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they want to draft a punter. You can’t go into the draft with with nobody on the roster and people knowing you need a guy, so keeping Haack on the roster feels like a safety net and a bit of a smokescreen. Its a pay cut, essentially. 

We hope!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This tells me that they are most likely drafting a punter, or signing one as an UDFA.

I expect there to be a camp battle for the job.

Beane essentially told us that too.

15 minutes ago, vincec said:

I like how people are saying that this is a good move because the team can cut him this fall, lol. If that's the best you can say about him...

Personally I won’t be happy unless he pays back his salary from last season 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol good luck with your stance. It’s so prudent to sign players middle of the road salaries for bottom tier production. Is it any wonder why we don’t win Lombardis lol. 

And more dumbage from you.

Consistency is a virtue, sometimes. Not so much when it's consistency in not getting it.

What happened here is that we renegotiated his deal so that he has nothing guaranteed, actually $75K. He's essentially a camp body.

He actually saved a bit of money this year on the cap by re-signing as they also put a void year on the end and moved $350K to that void year, according to overthecap.

And you use that to figure that now you know why we don't win Lombardis!! How old are you? Seriously. Are you 12 or below? If you are, I'll definitely treat your brilliant conclusions with much less disdain.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why would the worst punter in the league be your fallback plan? Bring in someone else.

Because they save $350K this year on the cap, getting him to sign this and adding a void year?

Because he's not the worst punter around, he was just - by that particular measure - the worst starter, and bringing in a guy who couldn't even start would be even worse?

Because bringing in someone better would likely mean giving some guaranteed money for a team that may well draft a guy and get someone cheap in that way, requiring paying a guarantee to a guy you think you'll probably cut in camp?

Nah, couldn't be any of those. Because ... stuff

This is a remarkably tiny little issue. People getting upset about it says far more about them than it does about Beane.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.