Joe Buck and Troy Aikman to MNF

YoloinOhio

I'm clearly in the minority, here, but I am actually happy with this.

After Booger ... THEN LEVY .... this is a welcome and positive change for me.  I'm getting a headache just thinking about Levy screaming at me for four fu*king hours every week.

However, whenever the Manning Bros., are on - that's the channel my TV will be on.

• Like (+1) 2

I absolutely hate this broadcasting duo--they literally ruin the game watching experience for me--but they will still be an improvement in the MNF slot.

I still can't get over how BAD NFL broadcasting talent is these days.

It used to be a lot better.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Sounds like he broadcasted too many baseball games.

Buck has a way of making baseball games sound like they last for 6 hours. 

He'll be still calling the first play of a two minute drill after the team has scored. 

Edited by The Wiz

MNF has been a revolving door of bad announcing

they did the wise thing and upgraded to mediocrity.

for me, buck and aikman are good , but not great.

its alot harder than it looks.....

there are several main play by play guys that are good (michaels, nantz, gus johnson, harlen, ian eagle)

but very few color commentators.....even tony romo is starting to wear on me....lol

• Like (+1) 1

I don't like the Aikman/Buck announce team. They bore me. I don't find either of them likable, and I don't feel like they add to my knowledge of the game or make much effort to teach viewers anything.

That said, it's a real head scratcher for them to leave Fox Sports, where they had guaranteed good games every week and a Super Bowl every few years (not to mention Buck's other Fox Sports duties), for ESPN, where they get one game a week -- which will often stink -- and no Super Bowl.

Money talks, bull#### walks, I guess.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:01 PM, Mark92 said:

Who the hell is going to do the World Series now?  *****.  

The bigger prize is the HOF preseason game.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I don't like the Aikman/Buck announce team. They bore me. I don't find either of them likable, and I don't feel like they add to my knowledge of the game or make much effort to teach viewers anything.

That said, it's a real head scratcher for them to leave Fox Sports, where they had guaranteed good games every week and a Super Bowl every few years (not to mention Buck's other Fox Sports duties), for ESPN, where they get one game a week -- which will often stink -- and no Super Bowl.

Money talks, bull#### walks, I guess.

Maybe they prefer where they know they're going every week before the season begins.  ABC gets two Super Bowls under the new tv contracts so they'll still get to call a couple.  Plus, the money.  I view Buck and Aikman as fine.  They're not going to add much to the game but they also won't annoy me like some other crews. 

Edited by Doc Brown

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.