Khalil Mack traded to Chargers for 2nd and 6th round picks

FluffHead

42 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

If Mack was willing to restructure this should have been a no brainer for our FO.  Trade Edmunds and a 4th for Mack.  He is the missing piece.  Still time Beaner to get this done, swoop in and pirate him. 

Trading Edmunds seems to be the solution to everything.  Why waste it on Mack?  Trade him to solve hunger, global warming and create world peace and get a 4th rounder.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Yep. Contract, injuries, age were certainly less than ideal. Whether it’s Chandler Jones (not ideal on age either) or someone else, I’m really hoping they shore up edge rusher in FA with a legit threat. It won’t be cheap, but I’m fine with that even if it’s the only move we make in FA. Wouldn't mind a mid-level corner either in FA, but that might be too much. Offense can be addressed in the draft as far as I’m concerned. 

They absolutely need to address pass rush. This was not the way. Even if they wanted to. But it is the way for a desperate GM for a non playoff team with a Qb on a rookie deal who has to make the playoffs in a brutal division and build a fan base, in the same city  where the other team just won the SB.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They absolutely need to address pass rush. This was not the way. Even if they wanted to. But it is the way for a desperate GM for a non playoff team with a Qb on a rookie deal who has to make the playoffs in a brutal division and build a fan base, in the same city  where the other team just won the SB.

This exactly.  

I think the return for the Bears should probably tell you something about what Mack has left in the tank and plus that contract.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills could not have done this trade for a 2nd and 5th. 

The Bears aren’t the Bears anymore they’re the Chiefs/Colts at GM/HC. They are tearing it down and completely rebuilding,  and wanted to offload the entire contract because they aren’t a playoff team and mack isn’t getting them there this year or next. 

Nah, I live in Chicago and even Bears fans were like who tf is this guy they hired? No one is optimistic about them, and they’re all pissed Rodgers signed for 4 more years. I love it. Bears fans are some of the most annoying I have encountered.

3 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Nah, I live in Chicago and even Bears fans were like who tf is this guy they hired? No one is optimistic about them, and they’re all pissed Rodgers signed for 4 more years. I love it. Bears fans are some of the most annoying I have encountered.

I didn’t say they should be optimistic. I said it was a new regime. Could be good or bad but it’s not the same.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The fact that my Beane is sleeping thread is locked for not breaking any forum rules is all you need to know. Sad. 

Perhaps you need to review:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/guidelines/

TBD always reserves the right to remove posts that don't enhance the discussion on the board. Contact the TBD Moderators if you feel a poster has violated these guidelines.

Strangely enough, there's a strong contingent of folks here complaining that the mods are letting too much nonsense slide right now 🤷‍♂️

PS don't turn other topical, active discussion threads into your personal whinge-fest

To everyone complaining that we didn't do this deal:

It cost a 2nd round pick that we need desperately to address wr,cb, and OG 

His cap hit is $18 Million and we have less than a million 

Mario Addison had more sacks than him last season and he had a steep drop in overall performance

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

Von Miller is two years older and went for more as a half season rental. 

I get that it's also a salary dump for the Bears but damn, how did they only get a 2nd. 

Because nobody offered more and nobody else wanted to take on that much salary for a guy that has started to fade into mediocrity.  Teams know more details about injuries than are made public to fans.  Maybe Mack's most recent injury is likely to impact his future performance.  None of us will know for sure until we see him play a few games.

Mack carries a cap hit of $17m plus this year, and $23m the next two years.  For those people claiming Beane is asleep, what is your proposal to fit Mack on the Bills given those cap numbers? He played 7 games last year.  He had 16 games the year before and produced 9 sacks.  I would also be interested to know what about these incremental few sacks added to what is already a top defense screams enough difference to make the necessary cuts to somehow fit Mack under the Bills cap. 

The Chargers are a non playoff team that currently has room.  Perhaps they see this as a move that will propel them to the next level.  I would be surprised if that were the case.  The next two years of his deal are ridiculously over priced as well.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Mack carries a cap hit of $17m plus this year, and $23m the next two years.  For those people claiming Beane is asleep, what is your proposal to fit Mack on the Bills given those cap numbers? He played 7 games last year.  He had 16 games the year before and produced 9 sacks.  I would also be interested to know what about these incremental few sacks added to what is already a top defense screams enough difference to make the necessary cuts to somehow fit Mack under the Bills cap. 

The Chargers are a non playoff team that currently has room.  Perhaps they see this as a move that will propel them to the next level.  I would be surprised if that were the case.  The next two years of his deal are ridiculously over priced as well.  

Cut (preferably trade) Beasley and ask Mack to re-negotiate his contract.

This cap stuff is not difficult when you're a good team and players are willing to re-negotiate contracts!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.