Khalil Mack traded to Chargers for 2nd and 6th round picks

FluffHead

how is it that most every team gets a stud pass rusher on the cheap?  Our second round DE Espenesa,  Chargers get Mack,  Chefs get Ingram, etc.  I am a big fan of Beane, but the one thing he has not been able to get is a dominant pass rusher

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lol oh you need to win multiple Super Bowls now huh. Brady had won 3 Superbowls after 4 years as a starter and that’s the benchmark we are gonna use for Allen and Beane?

Big talk from a franchise with zero SB wins ever lmao.

Exactly ,you're last sentence shows your troll job perfectly

This is about talking trash to a franchise with zero super bowl wins ever LOL I would be a fan to the day I died regardless if we ever won one.. cuz we haven't won one  in 50+ and I still go.. you just want to take passive aggressive shots at the team

The Rams have a 34-year-old quarterback and have to win now so traded everything.. the bills have a young Josh Allen going into his prime and we need to surround him with talent for 10 years

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

Meanwhile Beane taking a buddy nix nap

Hey look, we have Nostradamus over here who knows McBeane isn't going to improve our defense because we didn't trade for Khalil Mack.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Nothing. Just like 90% of the GM’s in the NFL. That includes the GM’s who are in charge of both teams from the Super Bowl this year. 
I completely understand that so many people will not be satisfied until there is a Super Bowl trophy in Buffalo, but the position that this team has been in the past two years because of signings and drafts that Brandon Beane has been in charge of has been a great treat for so many of us who have watched this team for decades.

So you're saying doing nothing is fine? 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

For sure it did with a 34 year old quarterback

Josh is 25 and we can have him here for another 10-15 years.. we need to be smart around him

Seattle probably said the same thing with Wilson 2 years ago.  If you are not all in to win the SB now, then you are playing the wrong game.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Beane has been one of the best GMS in the NFL since his tenure began here

If you think he's been a malpracticing GM I don't know what you've been watching

You play a lot of Madden and you want to see Blockbuster trades I get it

It's easy to give credit to Beane for Allen and Diggs (although he could have had a younger, better player that the Vikings drafted with our pick).

But I think the biggest problem with all the slobbering over Beane is fans are projecting what they believe and think is going to happen under his watch (i.e. winning a SB someday) vs. the actual reality of the situation.

And that reality is a few division titles and one AFC championship blowout loss. And outside of Allen and Diggs trade most of his top draft picks haven't amounted to much so far. This is why a lot of folks feel he'd be better off making a Diggs like trade again but for the defense now.

No matter what way you slice it, if Beane doesn't make a power move soon in form of trade or FA signing there is absolutely nothing to indicate this team is going to be among the elite contenders in 2022. They may not even win the division depending on what the Pats and Dolphins do. Allen can't do everything especially with marginal garbage on defense which is still this teams biggest issue regardless of the hollow regular season rankings and stat padding against backups.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Mack was a tremendous player who isn't a tremendous player anymore.  Mack's salary correlates with a tremendous player, not the guy he is now.  And the Bills aren't going to screw up their salary cap to grab a player whose production is falling off a cliff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

So you’re telling me for a 2nd and 6th round pick we could’ve had Khalil Mack. How the hell do you pass on that???

This was my first reaction....till I heard how much he is due now and over the next 3 years.....

How do we fit him under our cap and still field a competative team?

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Mack was a tremendous player who isn't a tremendous player anymore.  Mack's salary correlates with a tremendous player, not the guy he is now.  And the Bills aren't going to screw up their salary cap to grab a player whose production is falling off a cliff.

No they screw it up with guys that aren't any good - see Star, Murphy, Addison, Butler, Jefferson, Feliciano etc....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.