Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I don’t get the CMC hype. I just can’t imagine giving up assets for a $17M often injured RB. I just don’t see the value in that. 

We’d only pay 8 & change. Panthers on the hook for the rest. That’s why they want a #1 in return. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

We’d only pay 8 & change. Panthers on the hook for the rest. That’s why they want a #1 in return. 

Lol can we pay 8M for Barry Sanders too?  He is talented and on the field as much as CMC.  CMC and a first for our 5th?  Sure.

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don’t get the CMC hype. I just can’t imagine giving up assets for a $17M often injured RB. I just don’t see the value in that. 

CMC only has an $8m cap hit this year, so trading Beasley and his contract already clears way for most of that salary

Beane always has a backup plan.  If Horrible Harry doesn't sign, who is Beane going after?  Fletcher Cox would be ideal, but I just dont see how it can happen.  Frank Clark- too rich Im guessing.  Foley from Jets Im guessing

Edited by Pete

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Barkley is a bell cow. You have to feed him carries to really get the most out of him. While he is better than CMC, I don’t think he gives you the same sort of flexibility. I would love to have him, but if you get him, you have to feed him. 

I agree that CMC is a better fit for us than Saquon and would love to have him in a Bills uni.

However, I would still prefer a premium run blocking (and pass blocking) guard and then just sticking with Singletary and hoping that Moss would also be a better RB with a better run blocking O-line. But I suspect that I would be in the minority.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Pete said:

Beane always has a backup plan.  If Horrible Harry doesn't sign, who is Beane going after?

I read in a local paper that Tim Settle of the Commanders might be a "break out" option.  the journalist felt he was buried on the depth chart but could shine given a chance.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I agree that CMC is a better fit for us than Saquon and would love to have him in a Bills uni.

However, I would still prefer a premium run blocking (and pass blocking) guard and then just sticking with Singletary and hoping that Moss would also be a better RB with a better run blocking O-line. But I suspect that I would be in the minority.

Probably in the next tier, but Austin Corbett makes a lot of sense

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We're now under 10 hours until the "Free Agency Frenzy" begins and Beane still hasn't freed up anything beyond getting us 1 million under the cap. Unless he makes some major moves today, I don't see us doing anything of substance in that first wave of "big splash moves". He's not the type of GM to go over the cap and count on cap saving moves until they happen.

Watching "The Free Agency Frenzy" about an hour ago on NFL Network, they talked about the Bills and said they're smartly run and have used their cap to build a solid core and that they expect them to secure value FA's later on and finish the roster off in the Draft.

No idea if we’ll make a big splash, but nobody is signing anything official these next few days. Buffalo can reach an agreement to acquire some player with a big cap hit and then free up the room to fit the contract after the fact. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Beane always has a backup plan.  If Horrible Harry doesn't sign, who is Beane going after?  Fletcher Cox would be ideal, but I just dont see how it can happen.  Frank Clark- too rich Im guessing.  Foley from Jets Im guessing

I’d go Eddie Goldman, Akiem Hicks, or Jarran Reed as run stoppers. I also like Taven Bryan, but he’d be a rotational  piece similar in style to Ed Oliver.  

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah his information has been good before. I think he works in the Bills training facility.

If that’s the case and he’s tweeting information he would of been fired a long time ago.  I doubt he works for the organization in any capacity.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.