Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Bates still may be Morse's undestudy/surprise cut/retirement/replacement.

6 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Yes on Bates. Other thought could be maybe the staff isn't as high on Bates as the fans (me included) and he goes back to the bench to backup Morse (C) and Guard spots? 🤔

Every time Bates went in at C - which wasn’t very often - I thought he looked good, no noticeable drop off, but was surprised when he played well there for a series a couple years ago only to he yanked out and replaced by Mongo. Doesn’t seem like the staff thinks highly of him. He only got his shot this year due to multiple injuries to starters and backups.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

If you are released you do not have to wait for the official free agent start date!

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I think(not 100% positive) that released players can sign before free agency starts

I think so too.. I believe all contracts that are to expire, expire on the FA date, Where as released players no longer have to wait for their contract to expire

Edited by ddaryl

We're now under 10 hours until the "Free Agency Frenzy" begins and Beane still hasn't freed up anything beyond getting us 1 million under the cap. Unless he makes some major moves today, I don't see us doing anything of substance in that first wave of "big splash moves". He's not the type of GM to go over the cap and count on cap saving moves until they happen.

Watching "The Free Agency Frenzy" about an hour ago on NFL Network, they talked about the Bills and said they're smartly run and have used their cap to build a solid core and that they expect them to secure value FA's later on and finish the roster off in the Draft.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Every time Bates went in at C - which isn’t very often - I thought he looked good, no noticeable drop off, but was surprised when he played well there for a series a couple years ago only to he yanked out and replaced by Mongo. Doesn’t seem like the staff thinks highly of him. He only got his shot this year due to multiple injuries to starters and backups.

I thought so as well. I do wonder however, if they want BIGGER guards. I think Bates is slightly over 300, so may be better suited at center than Guard. But has the flexibility they look for.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We're now under 10 hours until the "Free Agency Frenzy" begins and Beane still hasn't freed up anything beyond getting us 1 million under the cap. Unless he makes some major moves today, I don't see us doing anything of substance in that first wave of "big splash moves". He's not the type of GM to go over the cap and count on cap saving moves until they happen.

He's got time. Doesn't have to be today. 

5 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Every time Bates went in at C - which isn’t very often - I thought he looked good, no noticeable drop off, but was surprised when he played well there for a series a couple years ago only to he yanked out and replaced by Mongo. Doesn’t seem like the staff thinks highly of him. He only got his shot this year due to multiple injuries to starters and backups.

I think they really tried to make the Ike Boettger thing work. I think when they waived him and KC grabbed him it made this regime think that Ike was like a shiny thing. And I think he played alright, but his presence is kind of why Teller was let go. So they really tried to force things there imo. I like Ike, but I like Bates more. Feliciano was a B. Johnson guy and Ford was a #2 pick. Right now Teller and Bates should be our starting guards but it is what it is.

Bates’ versatility kind of hurt him in a weird way. It kept him on the roster as a swiss army knife, but kept him off the field because if he is a starter, he has to focus on one position. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It does if he wants to be a player in most of these big name signings that people are hoping for. That first wave goes quick and starts in 8 hours.

Don't have to be under the CAP until 4pm On 3/16. Deals could already be In place, just not announced yet.

Plus, I'm not expecting any BIG  signings that most others are thinking. One maybe as far as money goes. One in Name only. But we will see soon enough. 

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Don't have to be under the CAP until 4pm On 3/16. Deals could already be In place, just not announced yet.

Yes, but as I said, he's not the type of GM who's going to spend cap space that he's expecting to have freed up through an extension or restructure until it's officially been signed or agreed upon. 

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

Feel bad for the fan base that has to watch him play for that much money.

Dude can ball. If he gets paired up with a bad QB it will be a huge letdown. Its a slight overpay in a league where Nelson Agohlor and Corey Davis make 12 million. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Dude can ball. If he gets paired up with a bad QB it will be a huge letdown. Its a slight overpay in a league where Nelson Agohlor and Corey Davis make 12 million. 

I like the idea of Christian Kirk but actually think he can he replicated in the draft in lieu of  that price tag

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Through the grapevine. 

Imo

Aka your sister 

edit I just got the IMO lol    I like your opinion.  I really like the idea of fortifying our offensive line before the draft, and the sooner, the better

Edited by Pete

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.