Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I run hot and cold for Tremaine. I love the athleticism, youth, length etc. I hate his run fits. But to your point, teams have to do some really clever stuff over the middle of the field to attack him. And while it seems like he is getting toasted on some of those plays, there are other linebackers who would be nowhere near the play. Like at all. So in our minds its like “look Tremaine, you are right there, 1 step behind, what the hell are you doing?” At the same time, some other linebackers in the league aren’t even in the frame so it does not seem like it is “their fault.” He is always around the play, and around plays that other guys wouldn’t be near, and that is why he always look like he is half a step late on things. Thats my opinion. I don’t know how the front office really feels about him but I trust them. They won’t re-sign him if they really feel there are flaws in his game. 

Now I absolutely love Brandon Smith from Penn State. Very similar measurables to Maine. He is shorter, so a bit thicker, but actually has a longer wingspan and is a freak as well, with better instincts playing downhill.   If we are looking for a replacement, he should be the guy. Nothing wring with taking another swing at this type of player. 

Patrick Mahomes says he has no problem getting Tremaine out of the frame..........Logan Wilson........that was much more difficult.

Height and length only make a significant difference if the coverage defender is able to identify what the QB is trying to do and be in position to stop it.

And a total lack of ball awareness/playmaking skill....... like Edmunds has shown.........leads to teams not being afraid to attack him even when he seems to have good coverage..........hence his 110 passer rating against and volume of TD passes allowed the past two seasons.

Brandon Smith is often cited as having the same issue as Edmunds........a lack of instinctive play...........but on tape he does appear to be more of a play maker.    He might be getting a bad rap because of the similarity to Tremaine.........who has clearly been the disappointment sandwiched between some really good LB's in his draft class........Roquan Smith, Darius Leonard and Fred Warner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Patrick Mahomes says he has no problem getting Tremaine out of the frame..........Logan Wilson........that was much more difficult.

Height and length only make a significant difference if the coverage defender is able to identify what the QB is trying to do and be in position to stop it.

And a total lack of ball awareness/playmaking skill....... like Edmunds has shown.........leads to teams not being afraid to attack him even when he seems to have good coverage..........hence his 110 passer rating against and volume of TD passes allowed the past two seasons.

Brandon Smith is often cited as having the same issue as Edmunds........a lack of instinctive play...........but on tape he does appear to be more of a play maker.    He might be getting a bad rap because of the similarity to Tremaine.........who has clearly been the disappointment sandwiched between some really good LB's in his draft class........Roquan Smith, Darius Leonard and Fred Warner.

This is difficult to read, I like what it said but it made my eyes hurt

I think that we as fans need to recognize something with McBeane, which I am happy about, and that is our plan is long term success and as long as we have JA17 the rest of the team will likely be built by value free agents. I do not expect any major signings unless someone is going to take less than market value, like Allen Robinson if his main goal is just to win now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah that Cheifs game really bothered me. For the most part I have been a Tremaine supporter, that game definitely started to move the needle the other way. But at the same time its Mahomes. Brady also attacked him. Outside of those guys, the goat and the current goat, guys really haven’t been able to attack the middle of the field against Edmunds.

Wilson was so good in that game, it was almost unbelievable. I still think the Chiefs blew their, you know, the week before against the Bills and had nothing left. That said, Wilson was awesome in that game. Warner should have been a Bill. They loved him pre draft and I was convinced they would draft him in 2018. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

hell yeah for a mid round pick for Barkley!

Yeah i think at a low cost you must consider a CMC or a Barkley. Personally I prefer CMC to his prowess in the passing game etc so I feel like he is a better fit. But Barkley is the better player. This is Allen’s offense, so the running game needs to compliment and not overtake. 

so we all know the Carolina connection - pipeline to the Bills.  We also know the first thing Beane did was trade big pieces, and clear up a messy salary cap.  With Schoen, might there now also be a Giants connection - pipeline to the Bills?  Im sure Beane and Joe are talking this week.   IMO there is a good chance Barkley and Beasley swap teams this week

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I just don’t want us to have to feed Barkley 30 carries a game. 

thats what Motor is for.  Motor and Barkley is a great 1-2 punch!  And they both will make the other better

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

We can easily fit Fletcher Cox contract.   The team that hypothetically trades for him isn’t on the hook for much this year and next.  It’s the Eagles getting crushed with dead cap, which is why the issue here is they - most assuredly - want heavy compensation. 

They desperately need a talented young LB.   Seems if there was ever a trade partner for Edmunds, this might be the move in a player for player swap, but I’d be shocked if we trade him.  

Package that includes Edmunds is basically even cap this year. $12 and $14M. The Bills could make this work and still grab Wagner or Jones in FA. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

$7.2 million due in 2022.  No problem.  There is a thread here where Joe B showed how we could free $38 million painlessly

Exactly. There are ways. Not really sure what Beane is waiting for in freeing up some of this cap space. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

so we all know the Carolina connection - pipeline to the Bills.  We also know the first thing Beane did was trade big pieces, and clear up a messy salary cap.  With Schoen, might there now also be a Giants connection - pipeline to the Bills?  Im sure Beane and Joe are talking this week.   IMO there is a good chance Barkley and Beasley swap teams this week

thats what Motor is for.  Motor and Barkley is a great 1-2 punch!  And they both will make the other better

I like the combo of Singletary and CMC better. You can even play those two guys together, since McCaffrey is such a good receiver. And they complement Allen well. If you get Barkley, he becomes the focal point of the offense, and I do not want to see that. Everything we do should run through Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I just don’t want us to have to feed Barkley 30 carries a game. 

Why would we have to do that? Just the threat of him being on the field will change the way defenses can play us. He can immediately become a dynamic weapon in our passing game too. We will still be a pass heavy offense as long as Allen is here. An explosive RB just gives us another option.

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like the combo of Singletary and CMC better. You can even play those two guys together, since McCaffrey is such a good receiver. And they complement Allen well. If you get Barkley, he becomes the focal point of the offense, and I do not want to see that. Everything we do should run through Josh. 

It will also be a lot less costly to get Barkley vs. CMC. 

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Singletary and CMC = Singletary and cricket guy because CMC is hurt 100% of the time.

Just now, Motor26 said:

It will also be a lot less costly to get Barkley vs. CMC. 

With equal IR permanence.  Geez.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Why would we have to do that? Just the threat of him being on the field will change the way defenses can play us. He can immediately become a dynamic weapon in our passing game too. We will still be a pass heavy offense as long as Allen is here. An explosive RB just gives us another option.

Barkley is a bell cow. You have to feed him carries to really get the most out of him. While he is better than CMC, I don’t think he gives you the same sort of flexibility. I would love to have him, but if you get him, you have to feed him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Am I really crazy that I don't want either Barkley or CMC? Neither have played a full season in what 2yrs for CMC and 3 yrs (Rookie season) for Barkley? What makes people think that if we pay 7+ M a year that they will make it through a full season here? Sorry, but sometimes I want NEW and not a Scratch and Dent item. I'll wait for the draft. Maybe I need a Beer.....😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.