Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

I’m not here to disagree with you but last year we also thought that no way will be able to keep Milano and Williams , just saying that if Bean wants to get something done he’ll figure out a way 

I agree with you but if we are moving on from him next year ,  wouldn’t it be better to get something for him instead of letting walk ? 

Yes...Get a 2nd rounder, and sign Wagner...Instant upgrade plus more draft ammo...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

I’m not here to disagree with you but last year we also thought that no way will be able to keep Milano and Williams , just saying that if Bean wants to get something done he’ll figure out a way 

I agree with you but if we are moving on from him next year ,  wouldn’t it be better to get something for him instead of letting walk ? 

I don’t think they are worried about that. I think they are more worried about this year than some day 2 pick in 2023. Plus I don’t think they know they are moving on and they don’t need to know that yet. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s going to play out this year and go from there. Beane isn’t changing out the captain of the D, they are all in this year.  

You think they let him play it out huh?  I think so too.  

If they see him as a “core building block” wouldn’t extending him now be a no brainer?  The longer they wait, the more expensive he’ll be.  If they truly believe, they would extend him now and create more cap room this year.  It’s a win win for the Bills if they really love the guy.  Locking up a core building block while creating 10M in cap space.  ella balinska angel GIF by Charlie's Angels

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yes...Get a 2nd rounder, and sign Wagne...👍

Instant upgrade plus more draft ammo...

We aren’t getting a 2nd rounder lol

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Re-signing Milano and Williams is a far cry from trading for Barkley, re-signing Phillips, and signing Gronkowski and Chandler. He was very flexible last year and was able to make some moves. But I think that makes it harder this season.

You can't restructure or paycut everyone year after year. I think he'll do some things and maybe get one or two of those guys. But this idea of "he can create space whenever he wants" isn't as easy as a lot of posters make it out to be.

FA opens on Monday and we're still only 1-2 million under the cap. You can't even sign draft picks with that. The fact that were still sitting where we're at this close to the start of FA just goes to show it's not as simple as people are making it to be. And people are reaching Madden levels of ridiculousness.

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Re-signing Milano and Williams is a far cry from trading for Barkley, re-signing Phillips, and signing Gronkowski and Chandler. He was very flexible last year and was able to make some moves. But I think that makes it harder this season.

You can't restructure or paycut everyone year after year. I think he'll do some things and maybe get one or two of those guys. But this idea of "he can create space whenever he wants" isn't as easy as a lot of posters make it out to be.

FA opens on Monday and we're still only 1-2 million under the cap. You can't even sign draft picks with that. The fact that were still sitting where we're at this close to the start of FA just goes to show it's not as simple as people are making it to be. And people are reaching Madden levels of ridiculousness.

He’ll be restructuring @ least 2 players a year, every year until he gets fired/resigns imo

58 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yes...Get a 2nd rounder, and sign Wagner...Instant upgrade plus more draft ammo...👍

It's much more likely that Edmunds will be extended to create cap space. And man, I can't wait to see some of your guys posts if/when it happens.

Nothing about what Beane and McDermott has ever said and how they've used him makes me think he's viewed even remotely like his detractors on this board view him. Edmunds will not be traded. I'd bet the house.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Who says they are moving on him from after this year? 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's much more likely that Edmunds will be extended to create cap space. And man, I can't wait to see some of you guys' posts when it happens. Nothing about what Beane and McDermott has ever said and how they've used him makes me think he's viewed even remotely like his detractors on this board view him. Edmunds will not be traded. I'd bet the house.

Nobody says they’re moving on from him , but Oliver contract is also around the corner will they be able to keep both ? 

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's much more likely that Edmunds will be extended to create cap space. And man, I can't wait to see some of you guys' posts if/when it happens.

Nothing about what Beane and McDermott has ever said and how they've used him makes me think he's viewed even remotely like his detractors on this board view him. Edmunds will not be traded. I'd bet the house.

Your answer lies in the post that he was replying to

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Nobody says they’re moving on from him , but Oliver contract is also around the corner will they be able to keep both ? 

Edmunds is on his 5th year option this year and Oliver is on his 5th year option next year. Yes, they can't which makes some of these laundry list of Superstar moves this season even more ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, Pete said:

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/cole-beasley-christian-mccaffrey-trade/    

Cole, a 3rd, and a 5th.  Hell yeah I say.  Motor and Christian, F Yeah!  McCafferty would solve our returner issues too.  He can motion outside, and really present matchup problems. 

I doubt the Bills are trading for him, but if they do I also doubt a player with his injury history will be used to return kicks.  Getting him through offensive series is hard enough.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Your answer lies in the post that he was replying to

No, it doesn't the post he replied to was saying he believes Beane is letting this year play out and going from there without being clear what he's going to do yet (and personally, I'm not convinced he's even that down on him). He wasn't saying he's definitely out the door after this season. I think you're reading it wrong.

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

As much as I’m weary of McCaffrey’s injury history, I’d do this.  

If we aren’t willing to pull a LA Rams and mortgage the future to win (I’m not saying I disagree with being more conservative) you’ve got to take some risks.  

Buffalo has shown, knock on wood, that we can keep players healthy.   McCaffrey also won’t be a workhorse here.  Singletary is likely still the lead back and CMC comes in spell him, two back sets, and play in the slot.  

He’ll get his touches, but they will be more in space and less grinding through big bodies. 

Not for the money he makes.  That dude is starting.   He will move around to different positions but he’s not there to spell anybody.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

No, it doesn't the post he replied to was saying he believes Beane is letting this year play out and going from there without being clear what he's going to do yet (and personally, I'm not convinced he's even that down on him). He wasn't saying he's definitely out the door after this season. I think you're reading it wrong.

If they love and want to keep edmunds so much…..what sense does it make to wait?  

Edited by NewEra

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Chandler Jones is going to either the 49ers or Broncos. This is from my own Twitter research. (Seeing that he was trending and saw what most of the posts were about). 

Funny everything I read it is down to Broncos and Bills. 

4 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I doubt the Bills are trading for him, but if they do I also doubt a player with his injury history will be used to return kicks.  Getting him through offensive series is hard enough.

Agreed. Brandon Beane has proven time and again that he doesn't allocate premium draft picks or pay for RB's. No way he's doing both. Especially for a guy who's proven time and again he can't stay on the field. And especially after Singletary finished the season in the fashion he did. 

I see him looking at another Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Matt Breida like inexpensive veteran or a mid round pick. And that will be that for RB.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If they love and want to keep edmunds so much…..what sense does it make to wait?  

I'm not convinced they will. I find it much more likely he's extended soon to lower his cap figure this season than it is he's traded.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s going to play out this year and go from there. Beane isn’t changing out the captain of the D, they are all in this year.  

More importantly, there’s not a clear path to meaningful compensation 

if he was offered an impact player or pick, I think you’d be wrong… but that’s unlikely to come through and he’s not moving just to shuffle chairs aimlessly 

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You think they let him play it out huh?  I think so too.  

If they see him as a “core building block” wouldn’t extending him now be a no brainer?  The longer they wait, the more expensive he’ll be.  If they truly believe, they would extend him now and create more cap room this year.  It’s a win win for the Bills if they really love the guy.  Locking up a core building block while creating 10M in cap space.  ella balinska angel GIF by Charlie's Angels

We aren’t getting a 2nd rounder lol

Monday is just around the corner.   Beane will do something contractually with a player or two.  Could be Edmunds.  I would be on the board all day just to see the tears. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.