Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

Just now, NewEra said:

we no one has any clue what we are anymore.  Change is coming.  How much change?  We’ll find out

Yup I agree. imo I think Allen will have more control also. Also to add, this may be a little bit of an advantage for us, especially early part of the season since opponents also will not know too

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

we no one has any clue what we are anymore.  Change is coming.  How much change?  We’ll find out

I hope not a lot is coming lol.

They were top 5 offences in back to back seasons. I think making a lot of changes would be a mistake.

Evolve, but don't change the bread and butter which is predominantly the 11 personnel and Josh throwing to receivers.

• Agree 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I hope not a lot is coming lol.

They were top 5 offences in back to back seasons. I think making a lot of changes would be a mistake.

Evolve, but don't change the bread and butter which is predominantly the 11 personnel and Josh throwing to receivers.

I don't think it will be a LOT of changes, which is reason for promoting within along with getting Allen's insight. They will be just fine and it's something I for one have no concern about

17 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Does that space account for the $6 MM or so needed to sign draft picks? 

No. They will need about 5ish mil or less depending how the top 51 contracts play out.  They can likely get that by cutting guys who are likely to lose jobs in camp, etc, depending on how the draft goes.  Wouldn't worry about this.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Honestly, I like our core group at WR. Diggs, Davis, McKenzie. I don't love Landry the human. I would prefer to use that money on starting OL, LB, or DE. 

And dont forget about Knox as a Receiving option. After those 4, there arent a lot of balls to go around. Although I'm not sure about McKenzie in the slot and would like to see a real slot WR brought in.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Honestly, I like our core group at WR. Diggs, Davis, McKenzie. I don't love Landry the human. I would prefer to use that money on starting OL, LB, or DE. 

Landry’s BFF went to LA from the Browns and won a SB. I’d take that. He’s definitely a good WR.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

And dont forget about Knox as a Receiving option. After those 4, there arent a lot of balls to go around. Although I'm not sure about McKenzie in the slot and would like to see a real slot WR brought in.

I get it. I think he has done enough to get a shot though. I don't think the risk of not getting a vet there is paramount when weighted against the cost. 

• Like (+1) 1

Landry is the type of guy you love on your team but hate when you play against him.  Was hit hit on Williams dirty, sure was.  Are we really to pretend that our players don't have any dirty hits either?  We need more WR depth and I'd take a tough, blocking, dependable short yardage guy for sure.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mark80 said:

Landry is the type of guy you love on your team but hate when you play against him.  Was hit hit on Williams dirty, sure was.  Are we really to pretend that our players don't have any dirty hits either?  We need more WR depth and I'd take a tough, blocking, dependable short yardage guy for sure.

What made that hit especially damning - not that Landry was aware I’m sure - is that Aaron Williams was just coming off his neck injury the year prior. I held my breath when he was lying there on the field, he could’ve been paralyzed.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

What made that hit especially damning - not that Landry was aware I’m sure - is that Aaron Williams was just coming off his neck injury the year prior. I held my breath when he was lying there on the field, he could’ve been paralyzed.

Huge Aaron Williams fan. Strong player and a good guy

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.