Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Really? This is actually the guy I want. He’s already tight with Knox. He’s versatile where he can line up as a big WR. He’s fast. We really need another TE, I think Dorsey wants to run 2 TE sets. 

The Engram rumor made me think of Mitch last year...Engram needs a prove-it to regain some MV, and the Bills need an actual threat at TE2...Win/Win...I'm guessing it would be very cheap for a year...If that's the case what's not to like?...Another position you don't have to Draft in 2022...B-)

Just now, Paul Costa said:

2 extremely athletic TE’s are not your father’s 12 personnel. Crazy mismatches. Especially if the CMC rumor is true

I get it, Belichick demonstrated clearly how 2 TE sets in the moderns NFL can work. If McBeane says this is the way, then so be it. We'll see :P

6 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

2 extremely athletic TE’s are not your father’s 12 personnel. Crazy mismatches. Especially if the CMC rumor is true

Plus we have Tommy Doyle who can line up as the jumbo TE when needed , it was working well at end of last season 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, babulator said:

2 TE sets have their place, but it's not an offense I want to transition to with this kind of signing. I'm high on Gabe and I'd like to see us get McKenzie more involved. I think there's probably a better WR/receiving option we could make a play for in FA, by trade or draft. I trust in Beane, but my gut says pass on this move. 

This wouldn’t be Cleveland/Baltimore type 2 TE sets.  

Think Diggs and Davis out wide, Engram in the slot and Knox lined up off tackle. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

$4M for a 178 yard receiver McKenzie and $9M for a 400 yard receiver Engram.............yeah Buffalo would be getting bargains because of Josh Allen. :lol:

That McKenzie number actually bothers me more than 9 million of Engram. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This wouldn’t be Cleveland/Baltimore type 2 TE sets.  

Think Diggs and Davis out wide, Engram in the slot and Knox lined up off tackle. 

I was critical of Daboll @ times and I like the Dorsey promotion, so I'm excited to see the changes he brings. If this is what he envisions I'm on board.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So, if this is true..

Chandler Jones

Fletcher Cox

Von Miller

Rob Gronkowski

Evan Engram

Danielle Hunter

Christian McCaffrey

Saquon Barkley

You’re assuming a guy like Chandler Jones wants what the team would define as a BIG $$$ Deal, don’t give up hope yet!

• Like (+1) 1

I may be in the minority but i hope the bills don't sign engram.

Knox is due for a contract extension which surely will put him over 10, engram is going to malke I am assuming at least 7 per?

Bills are predominately an 11 personnel team and that is Josh allen's bread and butter.

I don't want upwards of 20 million tied up to tight ends

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I may be in the minority but i hope the bills don't sign engram.

Knox is due for a contract extension which surely will put him over 10, engram is going to malke I am assuming at least 7 per?

Bills are predominately an 11 personnel team and that is Josh allen's bread and butter.

I don't want upwards of 20 million tied up to tight ends

I wonder if they will justify paying both in that engram is a hybrid WR

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if they will justify paying both in that engram is a hybrid WR

Yeah i think this makes a ton of sense. They must see the crazy upside of Engram. He could be a Deebo Samuel type of weapon if he is used that way. He is bigger and faster. Having Knox in the lineup allows the Bills the luxury to do a lot of crazy stuff with Engram. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.