2022 NFL Combine thread

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

My pessimistic side feels like we lost our chances at Olave and Burks. That leaves wilson, Williams, london and our inevitable pick, Dotson. Starting to like Wilson the least of the top 5 even though he such an great athlete

Burka is too slow for my liking, so I don’t mind...I want burners, baby! 😉

12 hours ago, dje85 said:

This is the guy I hope we get should be available round 3-4. He just destroyed the combine though. So who knows now.. 

HEIGHT: 6’7”

WEIGHT: 265`

4.6 40 YD Dash

image.thumb.png.ea037226d73757804239a005c996ca95.png

With a RAS like that, you know Beane's licking his chops. He won't make it past the 3rd, with numbers like that, though.

• Like (+1) 1

I am still all about getting Jameson Williams with our 1st round pick.  If you read in-between-the-lines from what Brandon has been saying, he wants speed at the receiver spot who can get you that RAC and he wants to get after the QB.   

I do expect the Bills to get a receiver with one of the first three picks and Jameson Williams seems to have that Tyreek sort of speed and ability and his rehab seems to be coming along ahead of schedule.

Jameson

Olave

Drake London

Garret Wilson

Dotson

In that order - they are all worthy of a first round pick ahead of other positional needs.  I just think the Bills should continue to build around Josh Allen.

Potential second-fifth round picks at the WR for me would be:

Pickens

Burks

Christian Watson (physical freak)

Calvin Austin

Sky Moore

Velus Jones

In that order

Out of all these players, Burks fits the least in the mold of a speed receiver but his sheer size and physical strength and giving a potentially excellent big target specially so in the red zone is a bit enticing.

But there is plenty of speed to be had in the draft at this spot.  It is one of the deepest WR drafts that I can remember.  There are probably at least 10 bonafide starters to be had.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Magox said:

I am still all about getting Jameson Williams with our 1st round pick.  If you read in-between-the-lines from what Brandon has been saying, he wants speed at the receiver spot who can get you that RAC and he wants to get after the QB.   

I do expect the Bills to get a receiver with one of the first three picks and Jameson Williams seems to have that Tyreek sort of speed and ability and his rehab seems to be coming along ahead of schedule.

Jameson

Olave

Drake London

Garret Wilson

Dotson

In that order - they are all worthy of a first round pick ahead of other positional needs.  I just think the Bills should continue to build around Josh Allen.

Potential second-fifth round picks at the WR for me would be:

Pickens

Burks

Christian Watson (physical freak)

Calvin Austin

Sky Moore

Velus Jones

In that order

Out of all these players, Burks fits the least in the mold of a speed receiver but his sheer size and physical strength and giving a potentially excellent big target specially so in the red zone is a bit enticing.

But there is plenty of speed to be had in the draft at this spot.  It is one of the deepest WR drafts that I can remember.  There are probably at least 10 bonafide starters to be had.

Burks > Dotson. I want to go back to some Watson tape as well. There is fair chance I will have him > Dotson too. 

Personally my top 5 is:

1. Olave

2. Burks

3. Williams

4. London

5. Wilson

What these insane 40 times mean is that I’m not going to stress if we don’t take a WR at 25, although I’ll still be rooting for it…there are going to be some really dynamic receivers available throughout the first three rounds…

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

What these insane 40 times mean is that I’m not going to stress if we don’t take a WR at 25, although I’ll still be rooting for it…there are going to be some really dynamic receivers available throughout the first three rounds…

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Lot of wr's seemed to have upped their draft stock and that means some other very good players will fall down to us. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we wait on receiver at this point, similar to how they waited and drafted Gabriel Davis/Isaiah Hodgins in 2020. I also don't think it's Beane's style to be aggressive on drafting WR early. They definitely scouted the 2020 class hard in the first round but ended up trading the pick for Diggs because they didn't like the talent that year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m all in on Jameson Williams, if he’s there at 25.  

Gives us elite speed/playmaking out of the slot and he’s a special teams monster. 

Diggs - Williams - Davis - Knox is weaponry that stacks up to anyone in the league, KC included. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m all in on Jameson Williams, if he’s there at 25.  

Gives us elite speed/playmaking out of the slot and he’s a special teams monster. 

Diggs - Williams - Davis - Knox is weaponry that stacks up to anyone in the league, KC included. 

Throw in Gronk there and that offense would be unstoppable.

• Vomit 1

54 minutes ago, mannc said:

Just because they have speed doesn’t mean they are good receivers. Do they have good hands?  Do they run good routes? Do they have it between the ears? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Burka is too slow for my liking, so I don’t mind...I want burners, baby! 😉

I would not rule him out because of a 4.55.  Plenty of great receivers run in the 4.5s.  It is easy to be sucked in to the speed trap at combine time, but even the 4.3 guys are rarely going to be racing a CB like in a track meet.  Ideally, you get hands, route running, quickness and speed.  Lots of very fast WRs never amount to anything in the NFL.  Ross from Cincy had fastest combine 40 in history until yesterday and he has been nondescript at best.  Marquise Goodwin was super fast and explosive, too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Burks > Dotson. I want to go back to some Watson tape as well. There is fair chance I will have him > Dotson too. 

Personally my top 5 is:

1. Olave

2. Burks

3. Williams

4. London

5. Wilson

I'm trying to figure out why Watson isn't in consideration at the top of this class.  Is it simply level of competition?  Has to be a major riser.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.