2022 NFL Combine thread

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'm trying to figure out why Watson isn't in consideration at the top of this class.  Is it simply level of competition?  Has to be a major riser.  

If we don’t go WR rd 1, whatcha think about Sky Moore rd 2?

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

I'm trying to figure out why Watson isn't in consideration at the top of this class.  Is it simply level of competition?  Has to be a major riser.  

I said earlier he is now a round 1 sleeper IMO. I haven't done enough on him yet to give you a precise answer to this. I liked him at the Senior Bowl though. I think before the combine he was a late 2nd / early 3rd type guy. But man that size abs those numbers.... some team is gonna fall in love with that early! I think his ceiling is round about where the Bills pick day 1. His floor is probably mid 2nd round.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Watch any Skyy Moore tape yet?

What little I’ve seen of Moore leaves me wondering about how they raved about him at the Combine.  The quickness that they talk about didn’t jump out to my untrained eyes in the little that I have seen.  Is he so smooth that he doesn’t look as quick as he really is?

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

None. 

Copy that.  Keep me posted on when you do.  I watched a few highlight reels and that’s it so far.  He’s impressive.  I’d rather have Watson in rd 2, but moore could be a great fit 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I said earlier he is now a round 1 sleeper IMO. I haven't done enough on him yet to give you a precise answer to this. I liked him at the Senior Bowl though. I think before the combine he was a late 2nd / early 3rd type guy. But man that size abs those numbers.... some team is gonna fall in love with that early! I think his ceiling is round about where the Bills pick day 1. His floor is probably mid 2nd round.

I wasn't calling out your rankings, just the general consensus.  Watching his highlights, and then seeing his measurables, I'm drooling about pairing him with Josh.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If we don’t go WR rd 1, whatcha think about Sky Moore rd 2?

He won’t be there. If we want one of the top guys we need to take them at 25 or trade up in 2. I believe that there will be a major run on receivers in the early part of 2. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

What little I’ve seen of Moore leaves me wondering about how they raved about him at the Combine.  The quickness that they talk about didn’t jump out to my untrained eyes in the little that I have seen.  Is he so smooth that he doesn’t look as quick as he really is?

Agree 💯.  I wasn’t listening to the combine audio, just watched all of the drills.  He looked real smooth, but I agree, he looks diff on film. Not the same explosion.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Burks > Dotson. I want to go back to some Watson tape as well. There is fair chance I will have him > Dotson too. 

Personally my top 5 is:

1. Olave

2. Burks

3. Williams

4. London

5. Wilson

Our top 5 in WR's in pretty similar, I have Burks not quite as high mainly because I was reading into some of the comments of Beane seeming to stress speed.   I am very intrigued by Burks physical capabilities and what that could add to the offense.  What is it that makes you rate him 2nd?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw the Frank Gore comps to Walker.........so he looks like a guy coming back from two torn up knees in an era where those were harder to recover from.

It's a shame that Gore will only be remembered for being just that kind of high use, modest explosion kinda' back.............he was going to be Marshall Faulk with power before he blew out both his knees in college.   Crazy to think how many yards he could have put up.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

Our top 5 in WR's in pretty similar, I have Burks not quite as high mainly because I was reading into some of the comments of Beane seeming to stress speed.   I am very intrigued by Burks physical capabilities and what that could add to the offense.  What is it that makes you rate him 2nd?

So I wouldn't necessarily have him 2nd for the Bills but I don't think I'd have him lower than 3rd (might have Williams above him). He is a YAC monster who just has an innate ability to create with the ball in hand and shows plenty of burst, power and the ability to finish. I think speed will and should be #1 for the Bills but the need for more YAC guys isn't far behind. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I wouldn't necessarily have him 2nd for the Bills but I don't think I'd have him lower than 3rd (might have Williams above him). He is a YAC monster who just has an innate ability to create with the ball in hand and shows plenty of burst, power and the ability to finish. I think speed will and should be #1 for the Bills but the need for more YAC guys isn't far behind. 

I'm in the camp of getting a WR with the 1st round pick, what about you?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.