2022 NFL Combine thread

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, dje85 said:

Here is another guy that had a great combine who will be available later. Seen more as a blocker than a wideout style te. But he didn't get a lot of chances in college. Great RAS could be a nice te 2. 

6 ft 5, 253 lbs.. 4.63 40 yd dash. Mocked anywhere from round 4 to udfa.

image.thumb.png.8d149350cf39ca9b546d6efbaa1b5f5f.png

Agreed.  I’d love him late. Was a bull on that sled

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with this but please send him to LAC or GB or Buffalo so he can thrive immediately 

Malik Willis - I’m intrigued. Who takes him? Hopefully nfc 

Without trade ups? I bet Carolina. I'm guessing Detroit takes Pickett. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was thinking Detroit might go Hutchinson 

I guess they may still trust Goff. I wouldn't but I guess he did start looking a little better late in their season. If I were their GM I'd be drafting the qb of the future for a year behind Goff so you aren't ***** canned after they have another clunker of a season this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2022 at 10:15 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I think every team’s reporters asks the prospects if they’ve talked with that team or what they think of that team and that’s how they get those quotes 

I was disappointed in how slow he ran, maybe hes not a good track guy, because guys that slow usually dont run jet sweeps.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just loving the love from the kids, it feels great to be an elite team after decades of barren wasteland.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

So I’m confused-with these quotes from so many prospects talking about wanting to play in Buffalo, are they being asked specifically about the Bills or are they being asked general questions and they bring up the Bills? Just wondering if these guys would also love to play with Goff in Detroit and Hurts in Philly or they can’t wait to play alongside a great talent like Daniel Jones

These comparisons Malik Willis to Josh Allen are way off. Saying he has a rocket arm like Josh is a joke. Every time Im watching him throw im not seeing a rocket but a solid arm that he puts his whole body into. Hes not flicking with just his arm like Josh can and does.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Love watching Burks with the 4.55.  Hopefully that’s his best time.  He’d look so bad*** in a bills uniform 

Thats not fast.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

These comparisons Malik Willis to Josh Allen are way off. Saying he has a rocket arm like Josh is a joke. Every time Im watching him throw im not seeing a rocket but a solid arm that he puts his whole body into. Hes not flicking with just his arm like Josh can and does.

Thats not fast.

I realize this…..hence my comment.  If he ran a 4.41, there’s no way he’d fall to us.  Now, there’s a slight chance 

My pessimistic side feels like we lost our chances at Olave and Burks. That leaves wilson, Williams, london and our inevitable pick, Dotson. Starting to like Wilson the least of the top 5 even though he such an great athlete

Edited by NewEra

On 3/2/2022 at 1:04 PM, NewEra said:

If Kirk is the guy we’re looking to pay bucks to, I think I’d rather draft the receiver and give that money to a corner. You can probably get Casey Hayward for less than half of what kirk will get.  He got 2.5M last year.  

I’ll look at some recent Kirk tape with the cards and get back to this.  I liked him in college and was a guy I’d have been happy with in rd 2.  Just not sure if he’s the missing ingredient that I’d want to spend on.

I agree. I wouldn't pay Kirk big money. He's a one trick pony whose had a few big flashes here and there. I'm not impressed with him. Grab Hayward as a stop gap and draft a wide receiver. Win win. 

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Olave is the best route runner in the draft and to be honest it isn't close. He also runs a 4.26.

Anyone who does not have him as WR1 is wrong. 

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

My pessimistic side feels like we lost our chances at Olave and Burks. That leaves wilson, Williams, london and our inevitable pick, Dotson. Starting to like Wilson the least of the top 5 even though he such an great athlete

Someone very wise said 4 weeks ago they have Wilson as 5th of the top 5...... 👀

Interestingly though I think Burks is the one who is slightly harder to find a fit for when you start looking down the list. It will depend who takes receivers. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Well, it looks like Alec Pierce killed half of my mocks. So much for my 3rd round pick.😡

He has definitely helped himself. I was stunned by his time. Equally Christian Watson is now a genuine sleeper to be a 1st round pick. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.