Breece Hall 2nd(maybe after a trade up)

add another WR  top 100 picks, with return ability 

rest of draft and FA- CB, DT, S, G, T, TE, Edge, P

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

If Travis Etienne and Najee Harris can go first round, Breece Hall definitely can...he is better than both imo...👍

He scored a 99 in Next Gen Stats, same as Etienne and Harris 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Jameson Williams 1st

This would be awesome for the Bills, IMO. I’d even take Breece at 25, Travis Jones in 2nd and wait for Watson/Pierce in the 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I think he could be the ‘Thurman Thomas’ franchise RB the Bills have been looking for...👍

He does everything well- smoother than Etienne, faster than Harris, soft hands, plus the size to run you over...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This would be awesome for the Bills, IMO. I’d even take Breece at 25, Travis Jones in 2nd and wait for Watson/Pierce in the 3rd. 

No way Watson makes it to the bottom of 3. Not a chance after all the buzz he has created at the senior bowl and the combine. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Jameson Williams 1st

Unless they sign a CB in free agency, I don’t see how they get beyond 2nd before taking one.  Tre White coming off injury, Taron Johnson in slot and who?  Do you really want Dane Jackson as presumptive starter with practice squad guys behind him?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Unless they sign a CB in free agency, I don’t see how they get beyond 2nd before taking one.  Tre White coming off injury, Taron Johnson in slot and who?  Do you really want Dane Jackson as presumptive starter with practice squad guys behind him?

I disagree. McD and his staff are masters at developing corners. If there is an organization in the league that can wait until the third or later to get a corner and make him a very good starter it’s the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

36 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

No way Watson makes it to the bottom of 3. Not a chance after all the buzz he has created at the senior bowl and the combine. 

No way Watson makes it to our 2nd pick imo

16 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I disagree. McD and his staff are masters at developing corners. If there is an organization in the league that can wait until the third or later to get a corner and make him a very good starter it’s the Bills. 

I agree with you in a way.  

Then again….i feel that our season ended because our coaches didn’t trust our DBs from getting beat long, hence the prevent that allowed the FG.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Then again….i feel that our season ended because our coaches didn’t trust our DBs from getting beat long, hence the prevent that allowed the FG.

Watson will be gone before we pick in the second. I agree. That’s why if we want a dynamic playmaker at WR, we should be looking in round 1. Heck, guys like Andy Isabella and Tutu Atwell went in round 2…I’m starting to doubt Calvin Austin will be there by the time we pick in 2 now. 

I really believe if we target a corner in FA or round 3, we can get an immediate upgrade over Jackson and Wallace. They were a 7th rounder and UDFA for a reason. Go find someone in round 3 and coach them into a quality starter like the staff always does at DB. Poyer was a journeyman before he came to Buffalo and now he’s one of the best in football. We don’t need to take a corner with our first or second pick. I feel all the confidence in the world that this staff will maximize talent wherever they find one. 

• Agree 2

Just now, whorlnut said:

Watson will be gone before we pick in the second. I agree. That’s why if we want a dynamic playmaker at WR, we should be looking in round 1. Heck, guys like Andy Isabella and Tutu Atwell went in round 2…I’m starting to doubt Calvin Austin will be there by the time we pick in 2 now. 

I really believe if we target a corner in FA or round 3, we can get an immediate upgrade over Jackson and Wallace. They were a 7th rounder and UDFA for a reason. Go find someone in round 3 and coach them into a quality starter like the staff always does at DB. Poyer was a journeyman before he came to Buffalo and now he’s one of the best in football. We don’t need to take a corner with our first or second pick. I feel all the confidence in the world that this staff will maximize talent wherever they find one. 

My only problem with this:  If we count on a 3rd rd pick, in his rookie season, to be our CB2, it’s going to be tough to win a SB.  I think Dane would beat him out anyway and he’d just hold down the cb2 spot til Tre comes back.   I’d much rather target a FA (or Levi) that has nfl experience to be our outside cb2.  We’d be signing our death certificate if either Tre or Dane got hurt if our next best outside cb is a 3rd rd pick.  

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Okay, if Watson is not there then I’ll take Pierce/Pickens/Metchie… This draft is deep at receivers who has been big time players at the collegiate level. Remember, not every team is looking at that position and many will fall because of it. There aren’t many Breece Hall’s in this draft.  I truly believe Hall will be Josh Allen’s Thurman Thomas/Jonathan Taylor. A do it all RB. Hopefully the Bills will acquire another vet WR/TE in FA (Kirk/Chark). Will make offense even more dynamic 

41 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

There appears to be far greater depth at WR than CB.  And WR isn't a starting need for the Bills unlike CB.  I'm not banking on a 3rd round or later CB to be a starter for the Bills, whereas a 2nd round or later WR won't need to be a starter.  Now that can change if they add a starting CB in FA, but I highly doubt they'll be able to.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

There appears to be far greater depth at WR than CB.  And WR isn't a starting need for the Bills unlike CB.  I'm not banking on a 3rd round or later CB to be a starter for the Bills, whereas a 2nd round or later WR won't need to be a starter.  Now that can change if they add a starting CB in FA, but I highly doubt they'll be able to.

Guys are selling Dane Jackson short. He did a damn good job filling in for Tre. It’s gonna be tough sledding for a drafted CB to crack the starting lineup unless his name is “Sauce”

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Guys are selling Dane Jackson short. He did a damn good job filling in for Tre. It’s gonna be tough sledding for a drafted CB to crack the starting lineup unless his name is “Sauce”

I think the issue becomes - when is Tre back to full speed. He could start the year on PUP. Without Levi, Dane is CB1. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the issue becomes - when is Tre back to full speed. He could start the year on PUP. Without Levi, Dane is CB1. 

So we draft a corner in the first just to avoid half a year of Jackson as the 1?  That’s what I don’t agree with. We can get a corner in FA or the third and still get a possible upgrade. 

The only way I’d be somewhat ok with a first round corner is if his name is Gardner, McDuffie, or Stingley. Anyone else, just wait…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.