2022 NFL Combine thread

YoloinOhio

On 3/4/2022 at 4:30 AM, ROCBillsBeliever said:

With a RAS like that, you know Beane's licking his chops. He won't make it past the 3rd, with numbers like that, though.

He acts like he’s been there before, just quietly heads the ball to the Ref, very good attribute, on top of the good hands. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:36 AM, whorlnut said:

Just because they have speed doesn’t mean they are good receivers. Do they have good hands?  Do they run good routes? Do they have it between the ears? 

All excellent points, 👍

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mean, is there any way the Bills don't use one of their last four picks (in the 6th and 7th round) on a punter?  I guess maybe if Araiza's gone before then, but what other team is going to draft him higher than that?

Bills did lose their last two picks in 2021, can’t seem to sneak any guys onto the practice squad anymore. So yeah might as well draft a punter. I expect Haack will be cut soon, do we go into the draft without a punter? Would be an interesting move. 

31 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

He acts like he’s been there before, just quietly heads the ball to the Ref, very good attribute, on top of the good hands. 

True that. Seems like a pretty mature dude; not some diva.

Also, you just can't teach 6 ft. 7 in. Woods is definitely one I would like to see in a Bills uni. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Im all for it….but we’re rolling the dice with the OL being able to keep Josh alive.  The OL lost a handful of games for us this season.  We can’t allow that to happen again.  Not while we have 17

Bates was a breath of fresh air.  Daryl plays reasonable at RG. Maybe we get an extra 3rd for Trubisky and use that on IOL.  This team needs more offensive weapons and speed. If players like Williams, Hall, Walker or Pierce are available,  you pounce. We'll find good OL later like we did with Spencer.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Bates was a breath of fresh air.  Daryl plays reasonable at RG. Maybe we get an extra 3rd for Trubisky and use that on IOL.  This team needs more offensive weapons and speed. If players like Williams, Hall, Walker or Pierce are available,  you pounce. We'll find good OL later like we did with Spencer.

OL was a big issue for much of the season last year. It doesn’t show in sack numbers cuz Josh was able to get away from so many, but I believe he was one of the more pressured QBs in the league. Assuming they’re satisfied with Brown at RT next year, they need an upgrade at LG and could probably use an upgrade from Williams as well. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What we need more than anything is to keep josh in play.  We lost to jacksonville.  We lost to jacksonville because one unit played so bad that our offense could only muster 6 points…….  We can’t let that ever happen again. Using 1 conditional imaginary  3rd rd pick on an OL isn’t doing enough to ensure that.  That would be Irresponsible. Beane will draft an OL in the first 3 rounds or spend on one.  If he doesn’t, I’ll question it and probably annoy most of the board by complaining about it like @ScottLawdoes about McD being passive and costing us the season. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

OL was a big issue for much of the season last year. It doesn’t show in sack numbers cuz Josh was able to get away from so many, but I believe he was one of the more pressured QBs in the league. Assuming they’re satisfied with Brown at RT next year, they need an upgrade at LG and could probably use an upgrade from Williams as well. 

A lot of the reason was Dawkins struggling and the musical chairs at 3/4 other positions. Once Dawkins was back to normal, Bates, Williams, and Brown were starting, everything improved.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A lot of the reason was Dawkins struggling and the musical chairs at 3/4 other positions. Once Dawkins was back to normal, Bates, Williams, and Brown were starting, everything improved.

We had terrible pass protection from the right side of the line the entire season.  It didn’t get better until we started using knox to chip before running his pattern and using some 2TE sets with Doyle.  Bates made a difference and Dawkins play certainly skyrocketed….but the right side was awful in pass pro all season…..brown was bad in pass protection, as was Williams. 

• Agree 3

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We had terrible pass protection from the right side of the line the entire season.  It didn’t get better until we started using knox to chip before running his pattern and using some 2TE sets with Doyle.  Bates made a difference and Dawkins play certainly skyrocketed….but the right side was awful in pass pro all season…..brown was bad in pass protection, as was Williams. 

You can't fix 2 leaky holes on the OL. Brown actually wasn't good. He was a rookie so inconsistent play should be expected but he wasn't good.

The Bills were able to protect Allen better once the left side was stable.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The 3rd we could get from losing Mitch in FA would be next year that is how comp picks work. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The 3rd we could get from losing Mitch in FA would be next year that is how comp picks work. 

I have a question. If we receive a comp pick for next year, is it guaranteed? And when will we know we get one? So we would have 2#3's next year?

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

30 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I have a question. If we receive a comp pick for next year, is it guaranteed? And when will we know we get one? So we would have 2#3's next year?

It isn't guaranteed it depends on the formula. I did quite a long post a few weeks back explaining how it works. I will dig out the link for you. 

As for when we would know, officially not until next February. But basically by May this year because any FAs signed after 1st May don't qualify for the formula, so by then you should be able to make a pretty good projection as to what comp picks will be awarded. 

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/237257-holy-comp-picks-coming-our-way/?do=findComment&comment=7526622

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It isn't guaranteed it depends on the formula. I did quite a long post a few weeks back explaining how it works. I will dig out the link for you. 

As for when we would know, officially not until next February. But basically by May this year because any FAs signed after 1st May don't qualify for the formula, so by then you should be able to make a pretty good projection as to what comp picks will be awarded. 

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/237257-holy-comp-picks-coming-our-way/?do=findComment&comment=7526622

Thanks GB. That is a great post and I appreciate you taking the time and adding the link!👍

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I’ll take either Pierce or Williams at receiver. We can’t let Breece get by us at no cost. I guarantee KC, Dolphins are licking their chops hoping he gets to them late in the 1st/early 2nd

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Bills did lose their last two picks in 2021, can’t seem to sneak any guys onto the practice squad anymore. So yeah might as well draft a punter. I expect Haack will be cut soon, do we go into the draft without a punter? Would be an interesting move. 

The difference is last year they chose to run back most of the squad..........this year they have a ton of DL/LB free agents or possible releases(Hughes, Addison, Phillips, Obada, Butler, Lotulelei, Klein, Matakevich).......several OL who could be let go (Williams, Ford, Boettger)......only 3 WR's likely to be back(Diggs, Davis, Stevenson) and a starting CB who is also a free agent.  

Not a lot of key players likely to be lost but A LOT of depth.

I would expect them to be able to roster all 9 of their picks this year and maybe even a UDFA or two...........because they aren't going to be able to keep $6M backup LB's and OL anymore.    Those days ended this past season.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.